IGNORED

Make Harry Proud

bert tann

I always admired Harry Dolman. He was an engineering and manufacturing man like myself not one of those fancy financial types. His idea of creating a Grandstand with facilities which could be used seven days a week was way ahead of it's time. I know the indoor bowls didn't work out long term but I spent many a happy hour there in the 70's enjoying (not really the right word I guess !) a pint or two of Watneys Starlight.

When you lot made it to the old First Division I took a few City supporting veterans to see a couple of matches, gritting my teeth I have to say. But one of the old boys actually remembered the 1909 cup final so I couldn't really help making his day.

So now the moment of truth is approaching, and despite a lot of reservations. I have to say good luck to you.

But just remember a bit of humility costs nothing but can do a power of good. Yes you have the potential to be a "big team" but if you do make it there will be a lot of work ahead and you will need the support of all the friends you can muster. Remember the old saying about meeting the same people on the way down as those you passed on the way up.

I always admired Harry Dolman. He was an engineering and manufacturing man like myself not one of those fancy financial types. His idea of creating a Grandstand with facilities which could be used seven days a week was way ahead of it's time. I know the indoor bowls didn't work out long term but I spent many a happy hour there in the 70's enjoying (not really the right word I guess !) a pint or two of Watneys Starlight.

When you lot made it to the old First Division I took a few City supporting veterans to see a couple of matches, gritting my teeth I have to say. But one of the old boys actually remembered the 1909 cup final so I couldn't really help making his day.

So now the moment of truth is approaching, and despite a lot of reservations. I have to say good luck to you.

But just remember a bit of humility costs nothing but can do a power of good. Yes you have the potential to be a "big team" but if you do make it there will be a lot of work ahead and you will need the support of all the friends you can muster. Remember the old saying about meeting the same people on the way down as those you passed on the way up.

Harry Dolman, what a Chairman.

I can remember my early days in the East End when the crowd would turn towards the Director's Box with scarves held high singing:

"Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry Harry, HARRRRRRRRRRRRRRY"

Great days indeed.

Wonderful to see they've got the internet in Vietnam too. ;)

Harry Dolman, what a Chairman.

I can remember my early days in the East End when the crowd would turn towards the Director's Box with scarves held high singing:

"Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry Harry, HARRRRRRRRRRRRRRY"

Great days indeed.

Wonderful to see they've got the internet in Vietnam too. ;)

Greetings from the Meekong Delta.

It's hot and humid here and the flies can give you a nasty nip, if you're careless after a few pints.

A lot of people are suffering from tender tummy and twitchy botty at the moment.

Bit like AG on Tuesday night I guess.

Bert

A noble and pertinent posting.

Please pardon my ignorance but I take it that it came from the Bert Tann, long-time Rovers Manager?

A noble and pertinent posting.

Please pardon my ignorance but I take it that it came from the Bert Tann, long-time Rovers Manager?

Confirmed above, consigned to Vietnam by the East End many moons ago.

Harry must be as proud as Punch after yesterday. :city:

Archived