IGNORED

City Fans In The Usa

REDOXO

I have just been told by Setanta programming in the USA the Palace V City game tomorrow will not have the first 15 minutes shown due to an overlap with super 14 Rugby I have asked them to put it on broadband 2 from the begining and am awaiting a response...A few more emails this afternoon would really help the cause I suspect

My question below

Your programme guide says that the live programme starts at 730am eastern...However the match kicks off ar 1215 in London tomorrow Saturday 10th May....This means you will miss the first 15 minutes please tell me this is an error in your schedule....

http://www.setantanorthamerica.com/TVSched...VSchedules.aspx

Thanks Very concerned supporter

There email response

It will be Joined In Progress due to the live Super 14 match that is being shown beforehand

watch the first 15 minutes online - there will be loads of dodgy channels showing it on the web

Red Ferret your right why bother with paying these people when I can stream the whole match live from China...

Links anyone please post below

Red Ferret your right why bother with paying these people when I can stream the whole match live from China...

Links anyone please post below

Links for the game will appear on here about 3 hours before kick off

http://myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=11849&part=sports

If your lucky you might even get a Sky stream with good ol English commentary

Red Ferret - you are a scholar and a gent. Thank you very much for posting that link for the game - I spend a fortune on Setanta each month to get important matches like this! In their infinite wisdom, they decided a meaningless Super 14 game was more important than the biggest City match in 30 odd years.

If you are ever in the NY state area, I'll buy you a pint!

Cheers,

Matt

So I see Setanta go straight to "Setanta Sports Live" at 5pm EST (which they always show at 5pm every day, even advertise the fact) so I can't help thinking that if this game goes beyond the 90 we ain't going to get it, but may get it when the game is re-shown at 7.45pm and sacrificing the "Back of the Net" program so not to put out the 10pm live news. I've never come across this with Setanta before anyone know if it will over run?

This will be the same for all playoff games this week, also the final schedules are out for May 24th with that finishing at 12pm going straight into the LIVE Heineken Cup - Final: Munster vs. Toulouse. What a nightmare that would be for any fan....

So I see Setanta go straight to "Setanta Sports Live" at 5pm EST (which they always show at 5pm every day, even advertise the fact) so I can't help thinking that if this game goes beyond the 90 we ain't going to get it, but may get it when the game is re-shown at 7.45pm and sacrificing the "Back of the Net" program so not to put out the 10pm live news. I've never come across this with Setanta before anyone know if it will over run?

This will be the same for all playoff games this week, also the final schedules are out for May 24th with that finishing at 12pm going straight into the LIVE Heineken Cup - Final: Munster vs. Toulouse. What a nightmare that would be for any fan....

Oh what a great reply I got from their programing department.. :unsure:

"I couldn't really answer that question, although I'd have to assume the news would start late. "

:doh:

Thats just ridiculous and lazy on their behalf not to research before responding. I left work at midnight tonight because I am trying to finish a bloody report which needs to be handed in at 3 tomorrow and I need to leave to watch City at 1.30 (1.45 Central time KO)! Now if I just finidh it, tomorrow I will be ina bar, with a guiness, deadline met and City playing... heaven!!!

Incidentally, if there are any other City fans in the Chicagoland area tomorrow (Redoxo excepted as I know you can't get into downtown from work) - I shall be watching the gamje in Fado's irish bar in the West Loop. Would be good to have some support with "Johnson says.. bounce around the ground...."

Archived