IGNORED

People Who Are Not From Bristol, Enjoy The Benefits Of Living Here, But Completely Rip It Out Of The Natives...

BS5_RED

I don't see the problem. They've said the bristolian accent sounds horrible, and (imo) it does.

Why should they lie and pretend it doesn't bother them just because they live here?

In'ergrate or #### off !! oi 'ates this preachin' of 'atred oi does

In'ergrate or #### off !! oi 'ates this preachin' of 'atred oi does

'Ark at 'ee...or something, i dunno, i'm not particularly au fait with this bristolian lark. Anyway, this thread already feels petty and annoying.

I'm going to change tact and instead, champion my favourite accent, the gratest accent of them all...NORTHERN IRISH! It's a shame Eamonn holmes can only read the news at breakfast time, otherwise i might just stay home all day and listen to him talk about cyclones and that.

Guest MaloneFM

Thanks for throwing money at the pubs, clubs and bars. Thanks for paying well over the top for rent in pokey little rooms in Cleef-tan. Thanks very much for wandering around St Pauls because its full of people 'keeping it real'. Thanks very much for buying over priced crap drugs, maybe from the same place, because you are young/rich/stupid.

Thanks for sitting on College Green in hot days with all their workings on display with crop tops and very short skirts. Thanks for pretending that something called Massive Attack is brilliant and Portishead is avant garde when we all know (including the nice chaps from both pop groups) that they are a wee bit crap. And one of them is named after a sh ithole near Avonmouth. Get it wrong by a few miles and the next concert by the group 'Clapton in Gordano' will be a sell out.

Oh and thanks very very much for thinking Banksy is a genius. I mean he's clever and all that but.....

So carry on bad mouthing the locals (but that Justin Lee Collins is like RHALLY funny, is he local?) while we pick your pockets and when you run out of money....bugger off back to Surrey.

Thanks very much for wandering around St Pauls because its full of people 'keeping it real'. Thanks very much for buying over priced crap drugs, maybe from the same place, because you are young/stupid.

Stokes Croft.

Ha, ha-ha, ha-ha, ha-ha.... ;)

Can't say i have any problem with people having a pop at the bristol accent, as it does make you sound a bit thick, just like the brummie accent, i've lived in Bristol my whole life and still find it ammusing when people talk in the accent. I like the proper brizzle accent, it's just the chavvy accent that is horrendous and i can understand why people hate it. If you are going to have a bristol accent at least make it a proper one :D

Archived