IGNORED

Nick Carle

Kevolution

I have supported this guy since I heard he was coming and i read and watched up on the guy. A lot of people have said he hasn't performed as well as people expected but I could always see potential. these last 2 games has showed the best of him, when he is playing football with other 'footballing' players he plays perhaps as good as any player on the pitch and...

HE SET UP BOTH GOALS TODAY!!!!!!

Especially with his crazy brave diving header to set the 2nd up.

SO THANKYOU CARLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick Carle has a good shot on him too, be great if he gets his first goal(s) and puts City into the play off final...I look forward to hearing Warnocks usual after match whinging!

Just got to echo what others have said, hardworking, skillful and brave. Fully deserves to keep his place. Seems relaxed and naturally brings other players into the game, bring out the best in them.

And as for the song surely it's got to be to the tune of Waltzing Matilda!

Guest DanC
he's very good at going forward, he just needs to improve on his defensive game. I know he;s not a defender but every player needs to be able to track back and tackle and this is one problem in his game.
Hmmm, Very strange, Ever since he made his debut at Palace he has impressed me with his tackling. He is a very good passer, Tackler and dribbler and can also shoot. Some areas need a slight bit of fine tuning but apart from that you can fault his effort and commitment.

Passed the team coach on the way home and he was sat at the front cheering us as we passed beeping our horn and waving the flags and scarfs.

Someone use the "Land Down Under" song by Men at Work please. :winner_third_h4h:

Travelling in a fried-out combie

On a hippie trail, head full of zombie

I met a strange lady, she made me nervous

She took me in and gave me breakfast

And she said

Do you come from a land down under

Where women glow and men plunder

Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder

You better run, you better take cover

Buying bread from a man in Brussels

He was six-foot-four and full of muscles

I said, Do you speak-a my language

He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich

And he said

I come from a land down under

Where beer does flow and men chunder

Yeah

Lyin' in a den in Bombay

With a slack jaw, and not much to say

I said to the man, are you trying to tempt me

Because I come from the land of plenty

And he said

Do you come from a land down under (oh yeah yeah)

Living in a land down under

Definately put his balls on the line with the 2nd goal with the header. Risked a boot in the head. Shows you the commitment the guy has and why we love him so.

Players have come and gone, and hes the only player we had, where theres been an official send off at the club for.

He's now settled in and he's running the midfield.

He's got some nice little tricks and touches and he's getting noticed unfortunately !

Quality player - got any more ?

Oh yes- and probably at bargain basement prices. I'll leave it to my compatriots to say more. Over to the Newcastle jets.....

He's got some nice little tricks and touches and he's getting noticed unfortunately !

Yes Joel Griffiths, but you arent having him. He's ours, hopefully he will soon be signing a 5 year contract with us.

Nick's special, and is a hard act to follow in terms of Oz talent being scouted and signed

for the CCC and EPL but some names (nearly all 19-22 years) to look out for include Nathan Burns (who's going from

Adelaide to Norway after the Olympics - why go there you rightly ask!?), Kaz Patafta (who's had

a miserable time at melbourne Victory under Merrick and on loan from Benefica Youth set up),

as mentioned before Joel Griffiths (29 yo prolific technically gifted striker with Newcastle), James Triosi

(who might well end up in Holland) with similar skills to a young Harry Kewell, Bruce Dijte (fine striker

with Adelaide United) headed for Europe after Olympics, Adrian Jeijer (who hasn't got a first team run

at Fulham yet but is going to be a fine central defender), Marke Bridge (scored winning goal for Newcastle

Jets in Final last year, and now with Sydney FC), and the list of exciting young talent pool goes on and on

- sure my compatriots can add more.....

but for now, and for City, there's only one Nicky Carle

he's due for his first goal, so let's hope its either on Tuesday or even better still a final at Wembley the week after!

On his debut game you could clearly see his superior quality of touch and skill(and he was a much better tackler than I was led to believe).

After that first game, he looked ok in spells but never really kicked on, and people were expecting more.

However, the last 3 games have been absolutely superb. Sheffield Utd away was probably one of the best midfield performances from a man in a City shirt for many a year.

Nick joined us in January because he thought we were Premier League bound. At Selhust Park on Saturday lunchtime, he played his heart out and looked like he was playing for a Premeriship place. He came to us for one reason only, to get to the Prem, and he will be instrumental in getting us there. :fingerscrossed:

Nick's special, and is a hard act to follow in terms of Oz talent being scouted and signed

for the CCC and EPL but some names (nearly all 19-22 years) to look out for include Nathan Burns (who's going from

Adelaide to Norway after the Olympics - why go there you rightly ask!?), Kaz Patafta (who's had

a miserable time at melbourne Victory under Merrick and on loan from Benefica Youth set up),

as mentioned before Joel Griffiths (29 yo prolific technically gifted striker with Newcastle), James Triosi

(who might well end up in Holland) with similar skills to a young Harry Kewell, Bruce Dijte (fine striker

with Adelaide United) headed for Europe after Olympics, Adrian Jeijer (who hasn't got a first team run

at Fulham yet but is going to be a fine central defender), Marke Bridge (scored winning goal for Newcastle

Jets in Final last year, and now with Sydney FC), and the list of exciting young talent pool goes on and on

- sure my compatriots can add more.....

but for now, and for City, there's only one Nicky Carle

he's due for his first goal, so let's hope its either on Tuesday or even better still a final at Wembley the week after!

I didn't mention it earlier but it certainly looks like Harry Kewell will be looking for a new team. Supremely talented, of course, but rather fragile :- what do you think ? Liverpool a feeder club for the City /

worked very hard, non-stop and crucially gutsy, hard-tackling display, plenty of excellent touches-the back heel seems to be very much in vogue with our touch players at the moment. Carle's header to set up Noble epitomised his performance.

Hopefully same line up on Tuesday

Agree with whats been said, Nick Carle was absolutely outstanding yesterday. There was one tackle he made in the first half where he almost cut the Palace player in half and still took the ball.

There is no way I would want Kewell at the Gate. He is far too injury prone, and would cost a fortune in wages.

Carle definately has room to improve. He was playing much more defensive than he should be - hopefully the manager gives him a bit more freedom to go up further up the park next leg. He isn't exactly much of a defender.

I'm a fan of Carle but I don't think he was the best on park for you guys. That Adebola fella deserved the honour imo. (btw, only 2nd time i've watched Bristol City - congrats on the win!) BC were good as unit though - no real 'stand out' player.

Best of luck tomorrow morning (oz time) against palace. Love to see Bristol City make the Premier league and take Carle with them. Really enjoyed the game the other day and what a cracker to win it. Suprised Nicky played so well in a deeper more defensive role, and he is throwing himself at everything showing real commitment to the cause. We have another Aussie at Hull (Garcia) but it is Carle we would all love to see in the top flight as many of us have great faith in his ability.

Talking of other Aussies. Mile Sterjovski has been playing well for Derby, Kewell may not be too far away from your budget (if in EPL), Bruce Djite is a strong young forward with a stack of potential and an old boy Luke Wilkshire has matured since Hiddink boosted him and would love a crack at the EPL.

Anyway, get to Wembley and beyond. Go boys.

Archived