IGNORED

Never A Pen

OnCider

Is it just me or did anyone else think their penatly claim was very dubious? I thought Carey was nowhere near him. Still - if we weren't behind, Nobes might never have scored that wonder goal so I'm not that bothered!

When were we behind?

To be fair i know what made you say it, a draw in the circumstances would have felt like a loss

At least now we don't have to win tuesday., palace wil have to come at your, and we'll get them on the break!

I instantly thought it was a penalty myself, but then watching replays without Sky commentators over the top (Peter Brackley coverage) and left to my own devices, I thought the defender touched the ball off McIndoe, and then came through into his leg to bring him down. No penalty.

Soft penalty at best. No more or less of a penalty than McIndoe's shout was.

What?! The differecnce was the Palace guy got the ball before taking down McIndoe and Carey didn't but just took the guy down. Ref was very very good- only a few things with Carle and Derry he got wrong IMO.

I have no qualms about the McIndoe incident - the guy may have touched the ball. Nothing that the ref could give.

The other incident just looked a bit of a dive to me. Yes, Carey stumbled. Yes he stuck a foot out (planted on the ground), but the CP player was about two inches away from Carey's out-stretched leg and he went over.

There wasn't a decent replay on Sky Sports (although I thought it was a dive from two angles (behind the player and from behind the goal)).

But like I said - if it hadn't been given I reckon Noble wouldn't have scored so I kind of prefer the actual outcome!

I think it is all irrelevant, given the eventual outcome.

I don't believe we were going to come away with more than the one goal lead that we managed, if we had been one nil up, noble would have come off earlier, and the ball for that oppertunity would have gone into the corner.

There was no change in the result.

Mentality on the otherhand, they would have baan delighted to have come away with a draw, and after that penalty they had the mental advantage for the second leg; no doubt...but to concede with 3 minutes to go; balls back in our court for both mentality and for score advantage for tuesday (not to mention proformance).

And as if to round off the perfect game, (given the penalty) Warnock comes out, shows he's blown his temper big style, and loses any mental advantage he could have had too.

All in all not a bad result

I think it is all irrelevant, given the eventual outcome.

I don't believe we were going to come away with more than the one goal lead that we managed, if we had been one nil up, noble would have come off earlier, and the ball for that oppertunity would have gone into the corner.

There was no change in the result.

Mentality on the otherhand, they would have baan delighted to have come away with a draw, and after that penalty they had the mental advantage for the second leg; no doubt...but to concede with 3 minutes to go; balls back in our court for both mentality and for score advantage for tuesday (not to mention proformance).

And as if to round off the perfect game, (given the penalty) Warnock comes out, shows he's blown his temper big style, and loses any mental advantage he could have had too.

All in all not a bad result

I totally agree with you.

Although I've just seen the replay on Sky and paused it and used frame advance and I think it was just as dubious as McIndoe's.

But as I said - it has probably given us the advantage in the long run so "whatever"!

What?! The differecnce was the Palace guy got the ball before taking down McIndoe and Carey didn't but just took the guy down. Ref was very very good- only a few things with Carle and Derry he got wrong IMO.

Sky played numerous replays over and over at half time that seemed to suggest the McIndoe was fouled before the Palace guy took the ball in a second movement. Their penalty was very very soft, Carey stumbled, barely touched him and we got done by a their player making a meal of it.

Edit: Just having a nose on the Palace forum and some of them think their guy dived too.

Archived