IGNORED

Man Utd

GrahamC

If we do get to play them next season, is there any point turning up?

Can anyone remember a single dodgy decision given against them by a ref in a league game in years?

Today Wigan were denied a clear penalty, should have played half a game against ten men and yet again Utd were given another dodgy penalty, what do you think Juventus, Rangers or Real Madrid fans think of our game when their leagues are supposedly considered to favour them?

Can anyone remember a single dodgy decision given against them by a ref in a league game in years?

Today Wigan were denied a clear penalty, should have played half a game against ten men and yet again Utd were given another dodgy penalty, what do you think Juventus, Rangers or Real Madrid fans think of our game when their leagues are supposedly considered to favour them?

I think it must be worth at least 10 points a season, its a disgrace.....

But the players expect favouritism too, i lost count how many times ronaldo stopped playing and threw his arms about expecting a free kick, just because he was touched....

Agree on the Wigan penalty, and Scholes was very lucky to stay on, but the United penalty was stonewall. They should have had at least 1 more as well. Ronaldo is an irritating little git, and his throwing arms up in frustration gets on my nerves, but he's had more decisions go against him than for him recently.

If United got every decision their way, then surely they'd have had the league sewn up weeks ago?

I think it must be worth at least 10 points a season, its a disgrace.....

But the players expect favouritism too, i lost count how many times ronaldo stopped playing and threw his arms about expecting a free kick, just because he was touched....

Would you like some curry sauce for that chip on your shoulder?

I'm not a United fan for the record. It just seems to me that everytime they are mentioned you blame them for global warming, world hunger etc.

I don't know, they do seem to expect many 50/50's to be given their way.

Wigan should probably have had a penalty and Scholes should definitely have gone. Yes, United's penalty was a penalty, but then again, they complained about the penalty given vs them at Chelsea which was.

And vs Portsmouth at home also, it's like they expect to be given key decisions because of who they are and their reputation, as well as I would hasten to add, the big 4 generally.

Essentially, they do seem to get more 50/50 decisions vs smaller clubs than they don't get.

Would you like some curry sauce for that chip on your shoulder?

I'm not a United fan for the record. It just seems to me that everytime they are mentioned you blame them for global warming, world hunger etc.

I blame them for everything wrong in football. but you imply that i have a bad attitude...... but is this to chane the subject??

do you agree or disagree that the majority of the time man u have referees on their side??

I mean, they come to expect it now..... recently there was a few games when the referees in their games had some good games (pundits opinion too) and Queeros came out and slated the refs!! (portsmouth & chelsea)

what do you think?

I can't stand man utd. I wouldn't be suprised if there were more man utd fans living in Bristol than City or Rovers, which is sad.

I avoided sky sports news last night after it was confirmed they had won the title - far too annoying.

Up the City! :city:

So what we're saying then is that Wigan should have had a penalty and been playing against ten men, neither of these things happened but refs don't favour Man U?

For the record they conceded ONE penalty this season (at Chelsea when Carrick handled and they harangued the ref, on RESPECT week!).

Name me one dodgy sending off they've had or one dodgy penalty against? You can't.

I blame them for everything wrong in football. but you imply that i have a bad attitude...... but is this to chane the subject??

do you agree or disagree that the majority of the time man u have referees on their side??

I mean, they come to expect it now..... recently there was a few games when the referees in their games had some good games (pundits opinion too) and Queeros came out and slated the refs!! (portsmouth & chelsea)

what do you think?

No, I don't agree that referees favour Man United. That is a ridiculous thing to say, refs are paid to be neutral and if they were biased to a team in any way they would be fired.

What do Man United possible offer to referee's that means you think they are biased towards them? Why do refs supposedly think they are special? What makes them so different from the likes of Chelsea or Spurs?

No, I don't agree that referees favour Man United. That is a ridiculous thing to say, refs are paid to be neutral and if they were biased to a team in any way they would be fired.

It's not so much bias but more of intimidation. If a ref makes a bad decision that goes against Manchester United Alex Ferguson does everything he can to complain, bitch and moan untill there is a big deal made of it. Then the referee gets pulled up by the people who are supposed to make sure he is doing his job and he gets a bollocking or even gets sacked.

If Manchester united were playing us and we were given a dodgy penelty that won us the match Alex Ferguson would want the referee to be sacked and would go all out for it, yet if GJ put the same amount of effort into getting the referee sacked the FA would wave away his protests.

It's all to do with power and reputation and Alex Ferguson is quite possibly one of the biggest babys in football as if he's not getting his own way he'll do everything in his power to make everyone elses life hell.

With regards to the team, they are an awesome team and I won't take anything away from them. I hate Ronaldo as a person because he's an arrogant git and will dive 99% of the time if he thinks it will benefit him. On the other hand he is a truely gifted player and when he's playing with some good sportsmanship he truely is one of the best, if not the best, players in the world.

Guest Eamer

Referee's decisions will always be questioned. Just because they are a referee it doesn't mean they will always get everything right. They are only human. Let them do their job and stop moaning that United won the game. You can hardly say that Wigan deserved to win it and the same that it'd be hard to say that Man Utd. didn't deserve to win the title... because they do deserve it. Chelsea didn't win anyway so even if Wigan had scored two more in the last couple of minutes it wouldn't have mattered.

Alex Ferguson is a top manager and has put together a top class team. If they're that bad a side then how did they get to the Euro Cup Final? Do referee's favour them against Barcelona too or was it the fact that they were just better over the two legs?

Over the course of the season they deserved to win the league. 38 games doesn't lie.

What do Man United possible offer to referee's that means you think they are biased towards them? Why do refs supposedly think they are special? What makes them so different from the likes of Chelsea or Spurs?

I think they probabaly support them??!! Every man and his dog seems to support them!! It don't seem to matter if there cockney, chinese or even bristolian, they seem to get supporters from everywhere.... i wonder why?? because they are glory-hunting b-stards!

It's not so much bias but more of intimidation. If a ref makes a bad decision that goes against Manchester United Alex Ferguson does everything he can to complain, bitch and moan untill there is a big deal made of it. Then the referee gets pulled up by the people who are supposed to make sure he is doing his job and he gets a bollocking or even gets sacked.

If Manchester united were playing us and we were given a dodgy penelty that won us the match Alex Ferguson would want the referee to be sacked and would go all out for it, yet if GJ put the same amount of effort into getting the referee sacked the FA would wave away his protests.

It's all to do with power and reputation and Alex Ferguson is quite possibly one of the biggest babys in football as if he's not getting his own way he'll do everything in his power to make everyone elses life hell.

With regards to the team, they are an awesome team and I won't take anything away from them. I hate Ronaldo as a person because he's an arrogant git and will dive 99% of the time if he thinks it will benefit him. On the other hand he is a truely gifted player and when he's playing with some good sportsmanship he truely is one of the best, if not the best, players in the world.

You're absolutely right, if we beat United with a dodgy penalty, Ferguson would blow his top. However, that would most likely be immaterial in a 50/50 battle because how many times do big real decisions let alone 50/50's go against United?

Also, it's surely to do with the power that the PL now exert ovr the FA and English football. Very unhealthy which is possibly why say the big players in the PL get the BOTD more of the time than less.

I would essentially agree about Ronaldo, great player and all that. However, he does go mising in big games, certainly did not do much vs Barcelona. Yes, United went through but I was more impressed with Park and Nani in that second leg for a good while, Ronaldo only started to become more effective as the game opened up as Barcelona were really going for it at the end IMO.

Archived