IGNORED

Adebola & Trundle

Pete1975Legend

Well have to say what a great team performance on Saturday. But I think we should make a note of the contribution these two are making to the team ethos at the moment. Both these players have worked their backsides off the last three games and they are now looking like a very very good partnership up front.

Some of the runs and passes Trundle is making is finally showing us why we paid 1 million for him and with Adebola being a nuisance these two are gelling and making it difficult for defences. Yes the plaudits will go to Noble for an excellent goal but lets not forget without the movement of the front two there may not have been that much space for Noble to run into.

Well done Dele and Trunds keep it going fellas.

Well have to say what a great team performance on Saturday. But I think we should make a note of the contribution these two are making to the team ethos at the moment. Both these players have worked their backsides off the last three games and they are now looking like a very very good partnership up front.

Some of the runs and passes Trundle is making is finally showing us why we paid 1 million for him and with Adebola being a nuisance these two are gelling and making it difficult for defences. Yes the plaudits will go to Noble for an excellent goal but lets not forget without the movement of the front two there may not have been that much space for Noble to run into.

Well done Dele and Trunds keep it going fellas.

I agree, great partnership, keep it going lads..

Guest ashtonyate

I am sorry I just can't agree that Trundle is the really deal.

He has upped his work rate there is no doubt but to say he is having that much impact on the game I cannot agree there is very little end product. Apart from the ball he put through to Mcindo I thought he was very average.

He is still yards of the pace and falls over to get free kicks instead of fighting for the ball.

I would have taken him off Saturday after 70 minutes and got Byfield on.

As for Adebola he did give everything for the cause ran everything down a wonderful display by the man.

He is still yards of the pace and falls over to get free kicks instead of fighting for the ball.

Yeah, silly me I forgot he won us the free kick THAT WE SCORED FROM.

Jesus AY, are you for real, nevermind Trundle...

Agreed.

I suppose part of the reasoning playing 4-4-1-1 is to keep it a bit tight, but strangely enough playing 4-4-2 the past couple of weeks, not only have we been creating more chances but we have also kept it reasonably tight at the back.

Part of this must be down to LT and Dele, making a complete and utter nuisance to the opposition defenders and forcing them to defend against two strikers who are showing very good movement instead of 2 CB's marking 1 striker.

LT is also bringing out the best in Dele and vice versa. Instead of Dele receiving the ball and looking to play it 10 yards backwards to the guy in the hole, he can look to either flick it on or lay it wide to LT.

It also makes sure that everybody knows their jobs - defenders defend, strikers strike, midfielders ummm midfield(?)

This isn't a crticism of 4-4-1-1 - we have played 90% of our games that way this season(well it seems like it), and it is where it got us to where we are, but 4-4-2 plays much more to the flair side of our team that results in such attractive football a la Saturday (and v Preston)

Best form of defense is attack?!

That would be the one where he'd fought for possession of the ball, won it and got taken down as he got away from his marker - as happened on numerous occasions.

I'm not sure how someone can be off the pace if they're constantly in possession and getting fouled.

Guest ashtonyate

Please don't call me Jesus so that was your high light of his game, was it he won us the free kick that we scored from.

I sugest you watch the game again with an eye on Trundles contribition is was not that good sorry I just can get my head around this adalation for him.

Just a crying shame that Trundle and Adebola weren't paired together earlier in the season as most of us on here were banging the drum for them to be given a prologed run in the side together. Much better than the recently ineffective Byfield with either of these two.

Please don't call me Jesus so that was your high light of his game, was it he won us the free kick that we scored from.

I sugest you watch the game again with an eye on Trundles contribition is was not that good sorry I just can get my head around this adalation for him.

I watched the game from the stands at Sellhurst where I saw off his off the ball work that you probably didn't see on the TV.

Then again its not worth arguing with you about anything re: Trundle

Guest ashtonyate
I watched the game from the stands at Sellhurst where I saw off his off the ball work that you probably didn't see on the TV.

Then again its not worth arguing with you about anything re: Trundle

I watch all the match twice once live then again last night so you are telling me that you had a better view than I did with 10/20 camera watch ever move. I don't know if you have watched the replay on the box yet but when and if you do keep an eye out for Trundle because if you think he made an outstanding contribution to the game I would be surprised. how many goal scoring chances did he get into at Selhurst Park that was what he was got for

Absolutely. Trundle is very strong at stretching the defence as he likes to get wide. Caused load of problems for the defence as Carle Noble run in behind and the defence gets stretched and caught in 2 minds.

He, Dele and Carle were awesome on sat

I don't know whats happened to Trundle over the past few weeks, he actually looks like a proper quality player now, I was very impressed with him on Saturday, he ran his heart out from start to finish, he was surprisingly strong on the ball and posed a real threat to the Palace defense all afternoon. Keep it up Lee, I'm now seeing what I expected to see when we signed you. I don't buy into this 'Trundle needed a target man to perform' stuff, I just think he got his head right has lost a few pounds and is now giving it a real go, just looks better all round.

Adebola for me started slowly and was a little frustrating early on but improved throughout the match and was also a pest all afternoon.

Best £30 Ive spent on a ticket in very long time.

I watch all the match twice once live then again last night so you are telling me that you had a better view than I did with 10/20 camera watch ever move. I don't know if you have watched the replay on the box yet but when and if you do keep an eye out for Trundle because if you think he made an outstanding contribution to the game I would be surprised. how many goal scoring chances did he get into at Selhurst Park that was what he was got for

Was it?

He wasn't brought in for his ability to unlock defences, pull defenders around, his direct powerful running, his superb touch and his ability to cause defenders problems with his strength and positional awareness as well then?

I see.

It's not about a better view, necessarily. It's also about being able to read the game, understand a player's role and appreciate an individual's input into a very good team performance.

Trundle played the ball in for the McIndoe penalty claim with a sublime sliderule pass and Trundle won the freekick that gave us the opportunity to open the scoring. That's two significant contributions that lead to one goal and could/should have lead to two.

I'd say that's a good contribution in itself, aside from all his other work.

From the second half at Stoke away these two boys have re-ignited our season. Simple as that

Adebola in particular I thought was outstanding on Saturday.

Agreed. I think Adebola absolutely murdered their defence. His hold up play and general "protection" of the ball was exemplary.

My only concern is that Adebola plays one (very) good game in ten. We need two more good performances this season!

Guest ashtonyate
Was it?

He wasn't brought in for his ability to unlock defences, pull defenders around, his direct powerful running, his superb touch and his ability to cause defenders problems with his strength and positional awareness as well then?

I see.

It's not about a better view, necessarily. It's also about being able to read the game, understand a player's role and appreciate an individual's input into a very good team performance.

Trundle played the ball in for the McIndoe penalty claim with a sublime sliderule pass and Trundle won the freekick that gave us the opportunity to open the scoring. That's two significant contributions that lead to one goal and could/should have lead to two.

I'd say that's a good contribution in itself, aside from all his other work.

I agree Mcindoe pass was very good but to give him credit for a free kick we scored from is egging it a bit and you are right about reading the game with your eyes not your heart. I just did not feel he contributed enough better than a few months a go but still long way off the mark.

I agree Mcindoe pass was very good but to give him credit for a free kick we scored from is egging it a bit and you are right about reading the game with your eyes not your heart. I just did not feel he contributed enough better than a few months a go but still long way off the mark.

How so?

A forward causes his marker problems, draws a freekick in a good area and we score from it. How does Trundle not deserve credit for that?

If he's brought down in the box in the next game, we score a penalty and go through to the final, would he also deserve no credit for his part in winning the spot kick?

If he was 'off the pace', as you suggest, he wouldn't have got to the ball, the defender would have cleared with no pressure on him and we wouldn't have scored.

The fact he did win the freekick, along with many other examples, shows how bang wrong you are to suggest he was off the pace.

Nice to have you back after your self imposed exile AY.

It feels to me that despite EVERYONE else saying that LT had a decent game on Saturday, you are deliberately trying to take the contrary position to back up your assertions from the last summer, and indeed all season, that LT wasn't a worthy buy for BCFC.

Yes he has been disapointing for large chunks of the season, but he is coming good just at the right time.

Who knows he MAY even be able to carry over this fine form in the Prem next season? :fingerscrossed:

Archived