IGNORED

Funny Pub Stories - Saturday

norwichrobin

Watched the palace game in norwich in a city centre pub. the locals consisted of a millwall skinhead and someone wearing a confederate belt and 20 other assorted individuals, this is the main pub that shows football..

Throughout the game said locals continuously shouted "come on barnsley" and nice to see "barnsley" do so well, i presume this was because palace play in red and the tv had bc in one corner! or they may have thought barnsley had got to the cup final who knows? But bearing in mind were in the same division as the local team....

Of course the inevitable happened nobes screamer pint goes one way, i jump as high as beaches brook. Said locals then realise its the mighty city at last although ive been standing there all game with my shirt /colours proudly displayed and shout "its bristol city your arrogant!" hilarious. So i reminded them of our status in 1982, just as things are getting a bit goosepimply a camper van pulls up outside with a city lad from pucklechurch looking for a pub with city on! 250 mile form home, very very bizaree bring on tuesday.

Proud of the boys, i cried real tears.

Any other pub stories from those that didnt attend.

Was in a pub in Taunton, was a few city fans but not many!! When Noble scored i just went Mental!!! Everyone was looking at me, thinking what the **** is he doing!!! :) Love it....... Roll on tomorrow

You should've been there Browner. That's what God invented the sick day for! Basso would even go along with that! :whistle2:

I watched the game in Oxford city centre. (It's a long story but my family decided play-off semi-final weekend was a good date for a family get together in Oxford - grrrrr).

Any one who has been to Oxford will know it's rite posh and they don't do Sky. I had to beg the barman in O'Neills to put the game on one TV in the corner.

So I had tinkly, leprechaun soothing, Irish music in one ear and a barely audible Sky commentary in the other.

4 of us watched the game. My dad and me, a bloke who wasn't all there, and a Crystal Palace fan who was trying to be incognito because he was clearly initimidated by me and my dad. :boxing:

Anyway, Noble scores that goal and I'm jumping up and down whopping along. The barman comes over and says "Are you a City supporter then?"

No mate, I only wear this Bristol City top occasionally. I've got a Palace one on underneath. :doh:

You should've been there Browner. That's what God invented the sick day for! Basso would even go along with that! :whistle2:

A week day i would mate!!! No thought about it!! But where i work Saturday mornings are different! Only 1 person works!! Normaly i can swap but i had the last 4 Saturdays off!!!!

Gutted i wasnt there but would of swapped me being there for a win anyday!!!

I had to work in Cornwall this weeeknd but managed to watch the second half in the Wateringhole pub at Perranporth, right on the beach and full of surfers and families on holiday...

When they scored the pen, some loudmouth londoners started to chirp up and I went over for a chat with them happy enough with a draw. When the goal went in I couldn't contain myself and when I had calmed down they had mysteriously gone and the landlord came over telling me to calm down as I was scaring the children.

Happy Days...

See you Tues for the next thrilling installment.

:winner_third_h4h:

At a pub in Exeter, gathered around a table with a group of non-City supporting mates...

Palace equalise to send me into despair, then just as a mate pips up with the usual, 'you'd have been happy with a draw at the start', Noble's screamer sends all of us barmy. I get up, stand on my seat and shout 'NOBLE YOU #### I N G LEGEND' while wildly flailing my arms about.

I walk out smugly giving my commerisations to the Palace fans next to us. What a game!

I had to work in Cornwall this weeeknd but managed to watch the second half in the Wateringhole pub at Perranporth, right on the beach and full of surfers and families on holiday...

When they scored the pen, some loudmouth londoners started to chirp up and I went over for a chat with them happy enough with a draw. When the goal went in I couldn't contain myself and when I had calmed down they had mysteriously gone and the landlord came over telling me to calm down as I was scaring the children.

Happy Days...

See you Tues for the next thrilling installment.

:winner_third_h4h:

Down your way from Thursday May pop over if your about for a beer or two and chat all things City.

Archived