IGNORED

T'barnsley

i was just wondering how far oakwell is from the train station, because I'm considering going by train or CAT's

From http://www.footballgroundguide.co.uk/

Barnsley railway station is about a ten minute walk away. This station is served by trains running between Sheffield & Leeds.

From the train station turn left away from the town centre and head towards the bridge that the dual-carriageway runs over. Go under the bridge and turn left up the slip road and then take the first road on the right and head towards the Metro Dome leisure complex at the top of the hill. The ground is now in full sight in the distance.

Guest Bootylicious

I would also like to knoww, if anyone can help!

I'm thinking of staying the saturday night up in sheffield (or leeds) but alot of the hotels/travel inns are booked up for that w/end.

Could be a BCFC-invaded city then..... :laugh:

these are the train times to T'barnsley if anyone is interested

Outward journey

Sunday 2 May 2004

Depart 09:10

Arrive 15:05

Changes 4

Duration 5:55

Return journey

Sunday 2 May 2004

Depart 19:13 20:13

Arrive 23:14 07:28

Changes 1 4

Duration 4:01 11:15

i strongly reccomend NOT going by train seeing as you arrive 5 mins past 3

you can get there quicker...

Bristol TM depart - 10:28 (Virgin XC service to Newcastle)

Sheffield arrive - 13:17

Sheffield dep - 13:39 (Arriva Trains service to Huddersfield)

Barnsley arr - 14:06

Travel time = 3 hours 38 mins

And returning...

Barnsley dep - 17:13 (Arriva Trains service to Sheffield)

Sheffield arr - 17:43

Sheffield dep - 18:20 (Virgin XC service to Cardiff)

Bristol TM arr - 21:11

safe travels.... :laugh:

The ground's signposted from what I remember from the train station, just remember to head left from the train station, under the big dual carriageway bridge and you shouldn't have many problems. As long as you get yourself out to the level crossing, turn left and head up the road, you should pick up other fans milling around. I reckon it takes about 5-10mins from the station.

Trains to and from Sheffield-Barnsley are pretty frequent (but old and rickety!)

Take this from someone who used to live in Sheffield and work in Barnsley, and whose mate's a season ticket fan! (I know, poor sod me...).

I'm hoping to go, but it depends on £s :laugh::laugh:

Guest oneforthe

Filton Red where have you got those times from because thats not what it is showing on national rail enquires i got the same times as Punkrock which is via London!

The first train showing to Sheffield is 11:58 arriving in sheffield at 14:50 so thats no good.

You sure there isn't engineering work that weekend or did you read the timetable wrong? By the way i wish you right so i could go by train.

Archived