IGNORED

Reading

sambessey

They might be interested but they have no chance in hell of getting him whether we stay up or not.

They are a club that have been pushing above their weight for too long. GJ will know we have the potential to be a bigger club!

Sacking Coppell would be madness and I doubt GJ would feel that they have any more potential than us.

Watford would be a concern because he's a fan (I think?) and has history there but again they don't have any more potential than we do and he doesn't strike me as a man to leave a job half done.

Guest ashtonyate
Will be more worried when Boothroyd gets the boot

I agree with that, I don't think Couple will get the chop from Reading its Watford we should be worried about and Boothroyd is a prime candidate to be replaced if they don't go up.

I watched Watford V Hull Yesterday and I don't think Watford are out of it yet, I was worried about Hull but they were not that great yesterday and would Fancy us if we beat Palaces

Sacking Coppell would be madness and I doubt GJ would feel that they have any more potential than us.

Watford would be a concern because he's a fan (I think?) and has history there but again they don't have any more potential than we do and he doesn't strike me as a man to leave a job half done.

Coppell has been talking about stepping away from the game to recharge a la Allerdyce, Strachan etc

There's no reason why Johnson can't turn us into a decent Premier League team in time. With that in mind imo, the only clubs he should look to leave us for would be ones like Villa, Everton, Spurs, etc.

Anyone else mentioned would be a sidewards step and I hope he sees it that way.

Coppell has been talking about stepping away from the game to recharge a la Allerdyce, Strachan etc

Correct and I think that's part of the reason Reading were relegated. I don't think Coppell's heart has been in it this season and it has affected the playing side.

To quote an article on another site, Coppell has "looked and sounded like a man who would rather be anywhere else this season, so the prospect of 'leading' his side in the second division is unlikely to appeal"

Anyone else very worried that Reading might be in for our beloved Gary Johnson if Coppell leaves?

Yes, if Coppell leaves or is sacked.

However, if Johnson actually went, the only thing I'd be worried about would be his sanity.

Leave a club on the up - largely through his management - to one on the slide with a lesser potential? I don't think so.

I live close to Reading and go to about 5 of there games a year (soulless ground and club BTW)

Reading in fairness are about 5 years ahead of where we want to get to (new ground, very good training facilities, scouting (mainly based at the gate!) etc, etc.....

Coppell will go I am sure for the reason someone has already mentioned, he is totally knackered and needs a break from it all, he may well stay about the club but get in a "first team manager" to take some of the stress away.

Reading and probably Watford are certs for the championship next season, where as we have a shot at getting up, if we fail to do so and a club like Bolton, Boro or Portsmouth etc come knocking I think he will be very tempted myself.

We now probably have a similar resources and possible better players then Reading and Watford.

Funnily enough when Gary was on Sky with Warnock and Blackwell the other week he said he wanted Fulham to stay up because he was born there. So maybe we should be grateful to Roy Hodgson (and btw what a fine and dignified manager he is).

Guest DanC

Here we are on the eve of one of the biggest games in our history talking about our manager possibly leaving. WTF? Lets concentrate on tomorrow's game and then hopefully concentrate on the final and then talk about things like this in the summer.

For what it's worth Johnson wont go no where until the job has been completed.

Have to say what a stupid thread to start of the eve of one of our most important games in years :disapointed2se:

Why?

It's current news that Coppell is leaving..

I want City to win tomorrow of course, but I don't see the problem in bringing this up...

Why?

It's current news that Coppell is leaving..

I want City to win tomorrow of course, but I don't see the problem in bringing this up...

The current news is that the fans and chairman want him and he's thinking it over..so there's no news.

Archived