IGNORED

Blindly Following A Manager

Ian M

• Admin

If anyone wants an example of a set of football supporters blindly following whatever lies their manager tells just look at the CPFC forum.

According to Warnock we're a dirty dirty team and put those Crystal Palace angels to shame.

Their fans have bought into this completely and cite the foul stats from Saturday's game as proof of that.

And you might think they'd have a point:

CP Fouls - 8

BC Fouls - 21

However, that was just one occasion. If you look at all the games between Warnock's Palace side and City this season the figures are actually slightly different:

CP Fouls - 44

BC Fouls - 39

So it turns out we were just evening the score on Saturday with it being CP 36, BC 18 leading into the game and even now Palace are officially still the dirtier of the two sides in their meetings this season.

As other's have said previously, they don't like it when the tables are turned. For such a 'dirty' match only one player was booked, so by stating his comments he has said the referee was incompetent at his job, hope that has done him no favours. Not that we need any favours, as we can let our football do the talking and not go desperately clutching at straws because a lack of performance.

I really don't know who he thinks he is fooling? Maybe when people haven't been at the match or unable to watch it on tv then he might have a chance of spouting his twaddle in after match interviews and convince a few. However this was on tv, people have seen for themselves. I think many neutrals watch these playoff matches too, from what i have read only Palace fans, and a few who don't like us, are listening to him.

Perhaps he thinks if he shouts loud enough and says it often enough he'll eventually believe it himself. Quite sad really.

Sad thing is alot of jounos reporting on Sunday morning either didnt attend and took his word for gospel, or were brainwashed into believing the fool.

We were made out to be very dirty, and Marvin lucky to stay on the pitch after a horror/horrendous/disgusting etc. tackle.

8 fouls vs 21 does kind of prove some point from Saturday though, doesn't it?

You're right, we don't like it. But we'll use it as motivation for tonight.

Derry's going to get you :)

Yes, it proves the ref gave you everything and us nothing. At least, that's what Warnock would be saying if the stats were the other way round.

What's Derry going to do this time to scare us? Throw a slightly damp sponge? Scary stuff.

• Admin

In the league game at SP it was 21 fouls (you) to 6 fouls (us).

We clearly didn't like being bullied in that way so turned the tables on you.

What makes you think we'll suddenly go soft tonight?

I'm surprised that your team needs motivation to try to reach the Premier League. Surely being part of that and all that goes with it should be enough for any professional footballer, management, club and fan? Maybe you're of the opinion that you've been there done it and now it's your right?

Having never watched my club in the Premier League before I would be very proud and privileged to have the chance.

I'm surprised that your team needs motivation to try to reach the Premier League. Surely being part of that and all that goes with it should be enough for any professional footballer, management, club and fan? Maybe you're of the opinion that you've been there done it and now it's your right?

Having never watched my club in the Premier League before I would be very proud and privileged to have the chance.

You're quite right in regard to motivation. It certainly isn't our right to be in the Premier League and after Saturday's display, we don't deserve to be there at the moment.

If Palace were to fall short tonight, I'd like you to go all the way given the season you've had. It's quite a nice place to be....

Yes, it proves the ref gave you everything and us nothing. At least, that's what Warnock would be saying if the stats were the other way round.

What's Derry going to do this time to scare us? Throw a slightly damp sponge? Scary stuff.

Dez has obviously rattled you mate. Which is one of the things that makes him a fan favourite with our lot.

Boot, other foot and all that.

Dez has obviously rattled you mate. Which is one of the things that makes him a fan favourite with our lot.

Boot, other foot and all that.

The only thing 'Dez' rattles is the one he holds and throws when things go against him.

Interestingly, City are one of the cleanest teams in the CCC.

we are 19th in the dirty league with 552 fouls committed 3 reds and 63 yellows

Palace languish in Mid-table(13th) with 603 fouls, 1 reds and 68 yellows

make of that what you will, but to me it seems that despite perceptions, there ain't a lot in it

It proves the ref was poor - as Warnock himself admitted!

How he gave you a penalty but denied a far clearer cut one against McIndoe is still beyond me.

The only things Derry's going to get are a) wet and b) sent off.

It proves the ref was poor - as Warnock himself admitted!

How he gave you a penalty but denied a far clearer cut one against McIndoe is still beyond me.

The only things Derry's going to get are a) wet and b) sent off.

Have to disagree with you Nibor. If at half time and full time the Sky pundits with all their camera angles couldn't tell if Fonte touched the ball before he brought McIndoe down and them looking at it 10-15 times, then in fairness to the ref - how could he? - he may also have been persuaded by the fact that Fonte, perhaps after fouling McIndoe, scooped the ball with his leg and brought it out.

Have to disagree with you Nibor. If at half time and full time the Sky pundits with all their camera angles couldn't tell if Fonte touched the ball before he brought McIndoe down and them looking at it 10-15 times, then in fairness to the ref - how could he? - he may also have been persuaded by the fact that Fonte, perhaps after fouling McIndoe, scooped the ball with his leg and brought it out.

I thought it was obvious before the replay was shown that he didn't touch the ball before he took McIndoe down (doesn't matter whether he did after) and the linesman was 20 yards away with a perfect angle to see. It was more of a pen than Fonte's theatrical dive after running across Carey IMO and I think it should have been given. They bottled it.

Derry's two footed foul with intent was disgraceful as well, the worst challenge by far on the day and yet Marvin gets booked for a player running in to him as he's trying to bring a ball down.

The funny thing is that Colin has got the Palace fans thinking they were hard done by when even the two gasheads watching it with us seemed to think the opposite.

I thought it was obvious before the replay was shown that he didn't touch the ball before he took McIndoe down (doesn't matter whether he did after) and the linesman was 20 yards away with a perfect angle to see. It was more of a pen than Fonte's theatrical dive after running across Carey IMO and I think it should have been given. They bottled it.

Derry's two footed foul with intent was disgraceful as well, the worst challenge by far on the day and yet Marvin gets booked for a player running in to him as he's trying to bring a ball down.

The funny thing is that Colin has got the Palace fans thinking they were hard done by when even the two gasheads watching it with us seemed to think the opposite.

Nibor, Beagrie and other dude couldn't conclusively say he didn't touch the ball before he dragged his studs down the back of McIndoe's calf to bring him down, and yes I know it doesn't matter whether he did it afterwards( I take it you mean touch the ball after).

Derry should have seen red (before the red mist on the touchline); Elliotts challenge was unfortunate and clumsy(and I'm sure painful) - yellow only and even that is debatable.

Interestingly, City are one of the cleanest teams in the CCC.

we are 19th in the dirty league with 552 fouls committed 3 reds and 63 yellows

Palace languish in Mid-table(13th) with 603 fouls, 1 reds and 68 yellows

make of that what you will, but to me it seems that despite perceptions, there ain't a lot in it

Out of interest, who is the dirtiest team in our league?

Nibor, Beagrie and other dude couldn't conclusively say he didn't touch the ball before he dragged his studs down the back of McIndoe's calf to bring him down, and yes I know it doesn't matter whether he did it afterwards( I take it you mean touch the ball after).

Wouldn't be the first time I've thought Beagrie and Kamara didn't have a clue and I'm sure it won't be the last. It was obvious to me he didn't get any of the ball before he impeded McIndoe but each to their own.

Derry should have seen red (before the red mist on the touchline); Elliotts challenge was unfortunate and clumsy(and I'm sure painful) - yellow only and even that is debatable.

Yep. Derry is a nasty little scumbag, he irritates me because that's the only reason he gets a game. As a footballer he's shit.

Motivation for what, sounds like palace will be fired up to kick us about. :redcard:

Archived