IGNORED

Murray And Rougier

poolered

Just read some postings below. Firstly Murray has not lost a yard of pace for Christ sakes he has only just come back to the team. Secondly Rougier did well in the 2nd half last night but you can hardly compare his performance with the 26 goals and goodness knows how many assists from Murray last year. Thirdly in the 30 years of watching City I have lost count of the number of loan type signings who look world beaters until we actually give them a contract so lets wait and see before going overboard.

It is interesting to compare the instant judgement of Murray from certain elements to that of Miller who apparently can be given all the time in the world to settle in despite showing very few signs of turning into a quality forward. Ditto the treatment of Roberts - you can almost hear the groans from the williams stand when he gets the ball and the relief when Miller comes on, despite the fact that Roberts has been played out of position all season and has far more natural ability .

Cant wait to see the reaction when Caskey plays a couple of decent passes - no doubt you will want to cancel Tinmans contract ?

Guest ScottishRed

Having watched Hibs for years and Rougier when he was there, I'll be amazed if plays like he did last night on a consistent basis. I hope he does though!

I like Roberts, but to say he has more natural ability than Miller is a joke.

Guest Rikku

Rougier was impressive last night and showed a lot of promise. But he can't be anything more than "promising" at the moment because he is being judged on one performance (well, two performances if anyone is counting his appearance up front at port vale). Murray, however, is PROVEN to be a quality player - no, he's not quite achieving the form of last season and who's to say he ever will. But at this stage it seems silly that some people are already writing him off and declaring Rougier as his permanent replacement. We know what murray can do and what his long term contribution to the team can be. We'll have to wait and see before we can say the same about Rougier.

Oh and I'd play roberts over miller every game!

Rougier is a good squad player because he can play in numerous positions.

I believe Miller will eventually be a far better striker than Roberts, remember this is Miller's first season in English football, this is Roberts third season for City, and he has played for Exeter and Cardiff and spent more time at this level.

Guest Rikku
Would your dad agree bout Roberts ?
nope, not in a million years!!

i think that logically murray has to remain first choice, but if he doesn't play on saturday through injury it will give us more of a chance to see what rougier can do. I'm sure he'll be up for it!

Tony Rougier was great last night. PlyMuff had probably worked on marking Murray out of the game in their pre match training, so when Rougier replaced the injured Murray they didn't have a plan for defending that right flank against Rougier :P

Brilliant performances also from Phillips with yet another match saving save, Coles and everyone else. A great BCFC team performance.

Up the City

Archived