IGNORED

O Ye Of Little Faith

m42

My God what a night!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As season ticket holders me and my fellow West Midlands based friend and fan & ex pat decided that it was crucial for us NOT to be at Ashton Gate tonight. The only time we were at the GATE for the play offs was against Brentford. Disaster!! We saw the Cardiff 0-0 on Sky & the Hartlepool 2-1 on Sky. Walsall doesn't count as it was in the pre Sky era!! So it had to be Sky tonight. The crucial moment was when we swopped chairs at half time and removed the crate of Bud to the fridge (from its spot between us!). Also my wife crossed out "Wembley" on 24 May from her diary last Tuesday (inadvertantly) & again on Sunday (deliberately!!) What should she do between now & 24th!! The fact that I sent my mate's cat up the curtains when Truns equalised has no precedent and is to be ignored!

What a fantastic night after a fantastic season. A brilliant manager. A brilliant team. A brilliant squad. A brilliant board & brilliant backroom staff. And brilliant fans.

Over the two legs a superb performance from everyone. Thank you Adriano for your faith, your belief and your superlative expertise. Thank you Louis for 13 years of fantastic service. Thank you Marvin, the best misfit (see Sunday Express) in the history of football. Thank you Michael for your performaces on the field and for your positivity off it. And thank you Truns for a season which was not easy for you but in which you maintained your professionalism, your entertainment and the creation of a £1m goal.

48 games. A Wembley appearance, The £60m game to look forward to. Whatever happens 07/08 will never be forgotten.

Thank you Gary. Humble in victory. And thank you Neil. Honourable in defeat.

Archived