IGNORED

Atmosphere Tonight

Sir Colby-Tit

I've been going to City since '76 & I'm struggling to remember an atmosphere as good as tonight. Apart from about 2 mins after their goal it was non-stop singing all around the ground. GJ asked for the twelfth man tonight but I reckon we gave him a couple more than that.

Was great to see McIndoe say that it sounded like 50k!

Anyone remember a louder night down the Gate?

I can't particularly over a full game.

Not full houses in our Jordan promotion season when the capacity was about 5k higher.

Not the Hartlepool game.

Not scoring against Liverpool.

Not after Louie Donowa's goal against the sags.

3 times at least tonight there was dust coming from the Dolman foundations...

Not full houses in our Jordan promotion season when the capacity was about 5k higher.

Not the Hartlepool game.

Hartlespool greatest 3 mins of football ever - but the game NOTHING like tonight for 120 mins of atmosphere. My eardums actually hurt from the Eastend - feel like i've been to a gig.

Whole thing was absolutely 100% completely amazingly perfect. And i've so far got three texts saying i was the only one on the pitch wearing a suit..... hello again if you were one of the many who i randomly hugged!!

I've been going to City since '76 & I'm struggling to remember an atmosphere as good as tonight. Apart from about 2 mins after their goal it was non-stop singing all around the ground. GJ asked for the twelfth man tonight but I reckon we gave him a couple more than that.

Was great to see McIndoe say that it sounded like 50k!

Anyone remember a louder night down the Gate?

I've also been going to City since mid seventies and the atmosphere tonight really reminded me of those days when the whole East End was City and sang as one! My ears are still ringing & I can hardly speak! Happy days!

In the 'old days' of Division 1 a couple of thousand in the East End were loud, the Park End mostly concentrated on the away fans ( and had no roof anyway) and the Dolman only really sang "Come on you Reds" occasionally.

Never heard anything like tonight with four sides of the ground singing throughout.

Even Coventry away in '77 when we had City fans at both ends didn't compare.

The difference tonight is almost everyone was prepared to shout the team on from first whistle to last which means we had 15,000 or more City fans singing.

All the media is commenting on the noise and passion of the City fans, you couldn't beat Ashton Gate for raw support and atmosphere anywhere tonight. :city:

Fair play to everyone. I can remember being in 37,500 AG crowds during the 74 cup run, but like an earlier post said it was basically only the East End that rocked. All four sides tonight good sustained effort. My head is spinning!

funny how all season we have had a relatively poor atmosphere, yet a game away from wembley after a good victory away from home and suddenly people find their voice?

away from home we are great, USUALLY at home we are just poor and nowhere near a decent fanbase in the 2nd tier, sorry all.

Superb Superb Superb. In all of the years watching my beloved team, only the Louie Donowa special and the Hartlepool game have come close.

Met a few Palace fans in the pumphouse after being turfed out of the Nova Scotia and they thought they outsang us all night!!!??? Kidding me???????? I thought we - in the Eastend - reacted fantastically after going a goal down and after the Trundle goal, I've never seen all four sides rock and sing with so much passion. Best night watching City in 25 years. I'm welling up.

Guest Eamer

Been looking at the Palace forums and they seem to think our support was shit tonight. Rating our support 4/10 and theirs 10/10. Are they deaf?

Got to agree also been going down since 1970 all through the good and bad times and I have never heard it so load for so long.

There was approx 1 minutes silence through the 120 plus minutes, credit where its due, we 'Rocked the Gate' last night.

Palace fans comments are either Sour Grapes or the ole East End Noise Syndrome - plenty comes out but nothing goes in.

Well Done to all see you at Wembley

Not the Hartlepool game.

There was proper dust coming from the Dolman!!!

Very few usually sing where I sit in the Dolman, but last night all around us people were singing!! And more than half of the Dolman stood for the last part of extra time.......I know thats nothing fot the EE lot, but for the Dolman that is unheard of......

There was proper dust coming from the Dolman!!!

Very few usually sing where I sit in the Dolman, but last night all around us people were singing!! And more than half of the Dolman stood for the last part of extra time.......I know thats nothing fot the EE lot, but for the Dolman that is unheard of......

I stood up all game in Block A of the Dolman and we sang pretty much all game as well. Best experience down at the game ever for my money!!

Best atmosphere I've heard at Ashto Gate by far in my ten years of supporting them.

Even the Atyeo stood up for the second half of extra time, the whole Atyeo. It divides into two and I think one half, the one I wasn't in stood up for the whole of extra time. I wanted to stand for the whole game but many behind me did not except for incidents, ie the penalty, corners, attacks etc. So, much to my annoyance, I had to remain seated for a good while longer than I wanted to.

We truly were the 12th man last night and I reckon the crowd and their vocal backing got the team over the line when we were under the cosh, fantastic.

:englandsmile4wf::winner_third_h4h:

I was sat in the Williams but my uncle who was sat in the Dolman swore that it was vibrating/moving through pure sound.

Wobbly stand from the Seventies?

AUTHENTISITY AT ITS BEST.

I was in the Dolman, block G, Only sat in there once this season and that was against Wolves, it was fairly quiet there most of the game, but last night everyone around was singing! Atmosphere last night was nothing short of amazing!

After Trundles goal, How the Dolman didnt collapse is beyond me, it was vibrating and rumbling like f@@k!

Big well done on the support last night guys

COME ON YOU REDS!

Love the ' Always Beleive ' song too

Hartlespool greatest 3 mins of football ever - but the game NOTHING like tonight for 120 mins of atmosphere. My eardums actually hurt from the Eastend - feel like i've been to a gig.

Whole thing was absolutely 100% completely amazingly perfect. And i've so far got three texts saying i was the only one on the pitch wearing a suit..... hello again if you were one of the many who i randomly hugged!!

No - I had a suit on too!

Must be the Maidenhead thing!!

I'm of the honest opinion that if we go up to the PL, we will need to produce that sort of atmosphere most weeks because a noisy vocal crowd can get players to play above themselves. Look at Southampton when they played at The Dell and Portsmouth at first when they got up and struggled, the atmosphere at both helped to make it "Fortress Fratton Park" and the same with The Dell.

If we were to create it week in, week out, it could give us the edge vs some of the more moderate sides tbut this is all conjecture of course.

Archived