IGNORED

Warnock Punched? [merged Threads]

tin

What's this about? Anybody see this?

Neil Warnock last night vowed to stage another promotion fight next season after a Bristol City fan took a swing at him during City's pitch invasion.

"One young yobbo caught me,” Warnock said. “I think one of the security guards got him because I heard him squeal, but millions of people would probably like to have a pop at me.”

no not well done, the guy who did it is an idiot and should be banned from AG for life

Correct.

It reflects on every Bristol City fan when just one moron does something stupid like this. It's not to be applauded or laughed about. It was bloody idiotic and shameful.

It's bad enough that people couldn't stay off the pitch until the final whistle, but this is another level altogether.

Hopefully he'll get done for assault, if the report is true, as there was little more the club could have done to prevent it, so it should really be a police matter.

Correct.

It reflects on every Bristol City fan when just one moron does something stupid like this. It's not to be applauded or laughed about. It was bloody idiotic and shameful.

It's bad enough that people couldn't stay off the pitch until the final whistle, but this is another level altogether.

Hopefully he'll get done for assault, if the report is true, as there was little more the club could have done to prevent it, so it should really be a police matter.

So you believe Warnock then do you?. At the moment these are uncorroborated allegations, let's wait until the ref's report.

Where'd it happen?

It happened right in front of us in the Atyeo about 10 yards from the tunnel. I made a point of watching him from the dug out to the tunnel knowing that some idiots would try something.

Many others had tried and failed to get to him. I said just before the end of the game that he should go down the old tunnel for his own safety. Although the guy had 4 security men around him there was always the likelihood of 1 idiot out of the thousands who ran on the pitch getting to him before he made the players tunnel.

Doesn't matter if we believe him or not its the FA that count. If you read the newspaper article above it could be serious.

If you are a big club these things get brushed aside but small teams always seem to cop it in these cases.

Lets hope the FA see it as 'arrogant' celebrations :fingerscrossed:

Doesn't matter if we believe him or not its the FA that count. If you read the newspaper article above it could be serious.

If you are a big club these things get brushed aside but small teams always seem to cop it in these cases.

Lets hope the FA see it as 'arrogant' celebrations :fingerscrossed:

I'd take anything published in the dailymail with a pinch of salt. I mean we should all be dead with MadCow/MRSA/Bird Flu/Asylum Seekers/Terroists* by now anyway :closedeyes:

*Delete as applicable

Typically biased and poorly reported Daily Mail cr*p, as usual...

They couldn't even get the score right! 3-1 extra-time win?!

And, even though everyone's have a love-in with Warnock at the moment and saying how he's gone up in their estimation for being a good loser, it's nice to see him show his true colours: "I was glad when they trod on him." Well that's lovely, Neil. If someone hits you, just hit 'em back, eh? An eye for an eye.

God, he's a w*nk*r. I'm so glad we beat him.

Typically biased and poorly reported Daily Mail cr*p, as usual...

They couldn't even get the score right! 3-1 extra-time win?!

And, even though everyone's have a love-in with Warnock at the moment and saying how he's gone up in their estimation for being a good loser, it's nice to see him show his true colours: "I was glad when they trod on him." Well that's lovely, Neil. If someone hits you, just hit 'em back, eh? An eye for an eye.

God, he's a w*nk*r. I'm so glad we beat him.

As much as I dislike Colin, I have to say in his defense he does the best for HIS team. Whether that is by berating the ref or fourth official or pushing the boundaries of fair play to their very breaking points, there is NO way he deserved to get hit after the game. Personally speaking I'm with Colin on that one was very glad security trod on the absolute t*****r.

I'm sure that if you were punched at your place of work(or study or whatever)(which it is in Colins case)you wouldn't excatly shed a tear for the perpetrator if the same had happened to him.

Despite what shankly or paisley said it IS only a game.

The club couldnt have done anything else, i don't think they should get fined.

What else were they meant to do?

The could have done The Rock Bottom on any supporters that went on the pitch?? Laid the smackdown on their candy asse's

Oh how unpredictable for the Daily Tory to go with this... :fastasleep: I don't think he was hit at all, i think he was probably glanced, or maybe given a robust shove by a running City fan, nothing more. Hes just a drama Queen.

Lets move on from this amature windup merchant, I'm persoanlly getting sick to the back frickin teeth with Warnock and his jackanorys. I don't want to hear about it anymore!

also...

The FA will wait for referee Howard Webb's report on the incident with Warnock before taking any action but they will also want to know why City's assistant manager Keith Millen re-appeared on the pitch before the start of extra-time despite being sent to the stands during the first-half.

:bored:

As much as I dislike Colin, I have to say in his defense he does the best for HIS team. Whether that is by berating the ref or fourth official or pushing the boundaries of fair play to their very breaking points, there is NO way he deserved to get hit after the game. Personally speaking I'm with Colin on that one was very glad security trod on the absolute t*****r.

I'm sure that if you were punched at your place of work(or study or whatever)(which it is in Colins case)you wouldn't excatly shed a tear for the perpetrator if the same had happened to him.

Despite what shankly or paisley said it IS only a game.

I never once said he deserved to get hit - I don't believe that anyone ever deserves to get hit. And the idiot, if there was genuinely someone who did hit him, should be banned from Ashton Gate for life. Violence in the ground like that is abhorent.

But as well as taking everything The Daily Mail says with a pinch of salt, we also have to take everything that neil Warnock says with a pinch of salt, too. He has been known to exaggerate (when talking about the treatment of his players, celebrations, last minute goals, etc) and is therefore not the ountain of all knowledge he likes to think he is.

This is one where we need to wait and hear what the ref has to say. What we shouldn't do is be pleased if someone got stood on in the melee. I saw a young lad stood by the player's tunnel last night crying his eyes out because his leg was badly cut and the St John's had to be called. What if it was him that was stood on and he had nothing to do with any so-called hitting incident?!

Warnock is still the biggest tool in football in my opinion...

I think with the statement about the FA getting involved he was being sarcastic and saying that the actions of 1 could possibly seriously affect the club.

Yes, sarcasm is difficult to convey in the written word. I was hoping the exclamation marks might give it away.

Warnock definitely got hit.

A kid with his top off and jeans ran to hit him, connected, then got trampled by the security guards. It wasn't much of a connection, but the kid was running so it would've hurt.

So a kid ran into him? WTF is all the fuss about i don't understand?! Kids run into people all the time when their excited and i think this qualifies as excited!

If he was actually deliberately punched then thats assault, but is this just Warnock twisting reality and distorting the actual events again, hes got previous for that!

I would not surprised if the kid simply went to shake his hand, but its not important now, getting ready for the 24th is all we need to be focusing on.

no not well done, the guy who did it is an idiot and should be banned from AG for life

Correct ..small minded idiot whoever it is ..wasn't victory a sweet enough taste ? :angry: Doesn't llok good for the club either

Why didn't he just go down the 'old players tunnel'? Quick walk through the car par and he'd be back in the changing rooms no problem. I'm suprised City's officials didn't suggest this, especially when people started to stand around the pitch?

Archived