IGNORED

'if' We Lose In The Final...

garlicbread

Now that GJ is now in the big league reputation stakes, would we keep him if we don't win the final?

His record gets better and better. Yeovile from conf to L1, Us from base of L1 to playoff final, Latvia to first Euro finals.

If we go up, I'm sure he ain't going anywhere. If we don't, I can see him being made a cash/incentive offer he couldnt refuse by a big club.... If not prem, then why nor a big euro outfit (a Zaragoza, Sporting, Sociadad)

I know its all hearsay until we have played the game...but what do others think??

I know its all hearsay until we have played the game...but what do others think??

I think it's a stupid thread to start right now.

Especially as there's been one every time any manager whether in the champ or Prem has been rumoured to be losing their job or not even.

GJ will leave when he gets the job done. The job done is mid table Premier League IMO

I'm not replying to this.

Oops I have but you know what I mean....

by the way - why do we always consider losing? It's something my missus mentioned (she's an Aussie) - she once said "why do the English always think about what'll happen if they lose?"

My point is I see no reason why we should think "if we lose"

My point is I see no reason why we should think "if we lose"

Some people haven't got into the pattern of "always believing". Dunno what the club has to do to make people positive about it.

Garlicbread...we've just knocked out the favourites for the playoffs showing incredible mental strength and physical fitness combined with great technique..and you want to talk about GJ leaving...

Why? What's wrong with you that you can't get caught up in the joy and excitement everyone else is feeling?

I think Lansdowne will be looking to invest elsewhere on the basis that there are clubs that could be bigger than us but havent got the perfect model - so lets worry about the duo leaving on the eve of the play off final ffs.

Are you insane?!

Sorry to get personal and question your sanity, but SL is a huge City fan and would clearly never consider investing elsewhere.

It's not about 'football in general' for him - he knows you cannot make money from football clubs. He's doing it because he loves this club and wants us to do well. He's put enough of his own money in here and is unlikely to get it back.

Are you insane?!

Sorry to get personal and question your sanity, but SL is a huge City fan and would clearly never consider investing elsewhere.

It's not about 'football in general' for him - he knows you cannot make money from football clubs. He's doing it because he loves this club and wants us to do well. He's put enough of his own money in here and is unlikely to get it back.

Well I thought the question had to be aired in light that we were talking about Johnson's future on the day after the night that was....

Well I thought the question had to be aired in light that we were talking about Johnson's future on the day after the night that was....

Ah, fair enough - I understand your concerns. I hear the stadium deal has also fallen through, we're losing points due to the whole 'Enoch-gate' affair and Rovers have signed Samuel E'to...

I think it's a stupid thread to start right now.

Especially as there's been one every time any manager whether in the champ or Prem has been rumoured to be losing their job or not even.

GJ will leave when he gets the job done. The job done is mid table Premier League IMO

Hear hear :clapping::clapping:

Are you insane?!

Spot on mate. Firstly, this is one of the most pointless thread's I've seen on here in a while and secondly, SL won't leave City. From what I've heard he wants to keep the club in the family. Selling up when there's a new stadium, training facility and the club being one game away from the Premier League is the last thing on his mind. As for GJ, as long as SL matches his ambition for the club and given his age, I can't see him going anywhere unless he gets tempted by reviving Watford's flagging fortunes.

Now that GJ is now in the big league reputation stakes, would we keep him if we don't win the final?

His record gets better and better. Yeovile from conf to L1, Us from base of L1 to playoff final, Latvia to first Euro finals.

If we go up, I'm sure he ain't going anywhere. If we don't, I can see him being made a cash/incentive offer he couldnt refuse by a big club.... If not prem, then why nor a big euro outfit (a Zaragoza, Sporting, Sociadad)

Probably the most stupid and inappropriate post of the year.It really makes you wonder how some people's minds work or not.

Gary and Keef, Gary and Keef, Gary and Keef, Gary and Keef

Catch little ditty isn't it?

We could nick Pompey's from a few years ago. I went to a Pompey v Saints game with a Southampton mate of mine and the away end (to the tune of Top of the league 'avin a laugh) just chanted for ages "Premier League Harry and Jim, Premier League Harry and Jim"

Nothing wrong with "Premier League Gary and Keef, Premier League Gary and Keef...."

Sound pretty good in the dying moments at Wembley I reckon

"Now that GJ is now in the big league reputation stakes, would we keep him if we don't win the final?

I know its all hearsay until we have played the game...but what do others think?"

sorry mate, got to put the boot in

What a stupid idle curiosty post.

Johnson has a great Chairman who wants to spend 30 million on new players, a new stadium coming, has worked hard to develop his football ethos at Ashton gate and has a potential fan-base of millions surrounding the 6th city in England.

Archived