IGNORED

Danny Coles

little un

In my opinion Coles has been outstanding at the back for us this season probably the main reason behind us having the best defence in the division. He's come of age and is my player of the year this season. Any other contenders? Cardiff offered £600,000 for him but he's worth more than that and the board knew it.

I would say Matty and Danny for both awards, whichever way round.

i still can't believe that people are suggesting Tommy as player of the year. Coles and Hill have been top class all season, Tommy was bloody awful up until he came back after the Wycombe debacle, when i believe and still do that he should have been stripped of his captaincy.

Matty has prooved himself in the left back role, and has also proved himself to be an admirable captain, and one of the biggest reasons as to our defensive domination, his organisation of the defence as a whole has been incredible. When Matty is not in the side, the defence looks noticably worse.

Coles has been a rock in the defence alongside the inconsistant and erratic butler, coles has showed Real maturity this season, again has played a major part in our defensive dominance.

Both those two players eclipse Tommys lass than half a seaosn display by an absolute mile.

did you even watch him before he came back into the side after he got sent off against Wycombe ? he was bloody dismal, he was being out-performed in almost every way by Burnell, he was doing all the work while doherty was just giving the ball away almost constantly. remember plymouth away especially burnell won us that game, he carried tommy for the 90 minuites Burnell was immense in that game. He then capped it all off by headbutting someone against Wycombe. he has been immense since then, but on half season can't make a player of the season, when two players in particular have been absolutely awesome outperforming him in most games they are the two top players for the season, by a long, long way.

Archived