IGNORED

Glasgow Rangers

KevinC

Yesterday there were loads of Rangers fans in Wigan making their way back to the station. Thankfully it was mid morning so the pubs hadn't opened at that time.

What is it about Scots and English at big matches and tournaments? I realise that's a sweeping generalisation but their behaviour just doesn't make sense to me.

Prior to the final not a single rangers fan was arrested in a aboard uefa cup game, and their run started back in last july.

Local traders in Manchester were criticised for the sale of cheap alcohol throughout the day, even Tescos were warned about their trading behaviour in the city centre.

Hot day + loads of cheap, easily available booze + fooball fans (SCOTTISH ones) + boredom + giant TV screen not working + rubbish performance and defeat = trouble

It was a poor performance and a pretty negative one.

And although I would hate a brilliant cup run and season for Rangers to be overshadowed by a few idiots - the trouble after was utterly dreadful.

How ANYONE with a brain, no matter how disappointed, how drunk etc. can smash up a city and then attack police officers like that is unbelievable. We have had out fair share of being tarnished like this and so I will be very careful not to label Rangers fans in general - but the sheer numbers and brutaility of those attacks were shocking.

I hope the police and passers by are ok.

Who saw the fans attack a police officer unprovoked?

Absolute disgrace to football :disapointed2se:

Some may call it justice.

one guy on the floor and around 60 rangers fans starting kicking the shit outta him.. thats no way justice, imagine if it was you on the floor, he was only doing his job because the rangers fans were rampaging around manchester. And thanks to their actions the united fans cant watch the champions league final on a big screen.

Guest DanC
one guy on the floor and around 60 rangers fans starting kicking the shit outta him.. thats no way justice, imagine if it was you on the floor, he was only doing his job because the rangers fans were rampaging around manchester. And thanks to their actions the united fans cant watch the champions league final on a big screen.
I'm not condoning it but we all know there is plenty of corrupt coppers out there and they are not to nice themselves and I've lost count of the amount of times I have heard stories of people being arrested for **** all then getting beaten up by the coppers out of sight. A lot of City have been injured by police down the years for no reason what so ever apart from being a football fan. And that is just at Bristol City, Imagine the scale of it when you times that by all 92 league clubs.

I'm not condoning it but we all know there is plenty of corrupt coppers out there and they are not to nice themselves and I've lost count of the amount of times I have heard stories of people being arrested for **** all then getting beaten up by the coppers out of sight. A lot of City have been injured by police down the years for no reason what so ever apart from being a football fan. And that is just at Bristol City, Imagine the scale of it when you times that by all 92 league clubs.

DanC, don't suck up to Police apologists as yours is the voice of truth. I've been studying the youtube film footage. Extremely impressive film footage especially as our Police see themselves as this country's best equipped and biggest football hooligan firm - they got a taste of their own medicine from those Glasgow Rangers supporters. :winner_third_h4h:

I'm now hoping for a European Cup final involving Glasgow Celtic in Birmingham. Celtic to outdo Glasgow Rangers against the hopelessly corrupt toff led West Midlands Police and their bum buddies from the West Mercia Police - bring it on !!!!!! :icecream:

Well done Scotland the brave !!!!!

DanC, don't suck up to Police apologists as yours is the voice of truth. I've been studying the youtube film footage. Extremely impressive film footage especially as our Police see themselves as this country's best equipped and biggest football hooligan firm - they got a taste of their own medicine from those Glasgow Rangers supporters. :winner_third_h4h:

I'm now hoping for a European Cup final involving Glasgow Celtic in Birmingham. Celtic to outdo Glasgow Rangers against the hopelessly corrupt toff led West Midlands Police and their bum buddies from the West Mercia Police - bring it on !!!!!! :icecream:

Well done Scotland the brave !!!!!

Mad as a box of frogs.

Archived