IGNORED

Transfer Rumours

Laner

"Bristol City boss Gary Johnson will launch a £2m bid for Leroy Lita if his side win the Championship play-off. (Daily Mirror)"

Anyone else see this on the BBC's daily rumours round-up. Can't see this as being true... and in all honesty hope it's not.

"Bristol City boss Gary Johnson will launch a £2m bid for Leroy Lita if his side win the Championship play-off. (Daily Mirror)"

Anyone else see this on the BBC's daily rumours round-up. Can't see this as being true... and in all honesty hope it's not.

Scores goals in the prem, England under 21.....

But your right, time for a change

I think it is very likely that Lita will come back to us if we get promotion.

I think it is very likely that Lita will come back to us if we get promotion.

Agreed.

I for one would be very happy that a player of this quality would come. He's a very good player.

If he wants to lord it round the nightclubs of Bristol then thats up to him (GJ would sort him out anyway)...more interested in his goals

Can't see Lita getting through the inteview's that GJ & SL hold with players before signing them!

GJ has done a great job weeding out the big time charlies, this would be a backward step - on saying that GJ is the man and if he thinks Lita is the man to get the goals to keep us up who are we to argue with him?

This talk is dangerous in my opinion and should be banned from the forum until after the final!.

To my mind our slump started after Lansdown was put in a spot by Twentypence and said he would spend £30 million on the playing staff if we got promoted.

Otherwise the players will feel like turkeys signing up for Christmas!

Not a hope, you don't turn down City (loan) and then get signed.

Agree - Jermaine Easter springs to mind.

Altough Stranger things have happened.

BTW I am sick to death of people saying on here (not on this thread which surprises me - so far), that X Y and Z isn't GJ sort of player. If WHOEVER it is can score goals then I would prefer to judge a player on ability and achievements rather than personality - as I am sure GJ does(in the majority of cases).

On another point, Initially it was Reading who turned down the idea of him being loaned to us in January - does anyone know if we were actually in competition with Charlton when they got him on loan??

Agent talk. Simple as, why?

1. GJ is in Portugal so when did he say that?

2. Do you think that over the last week and for the next week he is tapping up transfer targets when he had and has the biggest games in recent history to prepare for? Thats the priority.

3. As we have heard before, GJ has 2 sets of players to go after, prem and champ, and as we don't know where we will be yet...

4. GJ is Mr. Motivator - what is the worst way to de-motivate your players before a big game, make them think you want to replace them with others before they have a chance, he is not that stupid!

Agents stoking up interest in Lita so he can make the move away from Reading that he wants. City should ignore it

Lita turned us down in favour of Charlton, as far as I could make out from the reports.

GJ wants players who would crawl over broken glass to play for this club. I very much doubt he'll be asked again.

Lita turned us down in favour of Charlton, as far as I could make out from the reports.

GJ wants players who would crawl over broken glass to play for this club. I very much doubt he'll be asked again.

Crikey, I thought doing a bit of Karaoke in front of your team mates would be painful enough

Part of Derby's problem was throwing money at any old player they'd heard of (Lauren Robert anyone?) and Paul Jewell cannot pretend it was all down to the previous regime since he signed half of them then immediately started slagging them off in public to cover his back. This is not a trap Gary would fall into (nor Phil Brown I suspect). Gary has built a squad where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts where every individual is equally important and there are no big time Charlies. It also has real quality as Lee, David, Michael and Nick have shown the nation this week, not to mention the outstanding performance of our full backs against wingers who were supposed to tear us apart as they have done others recently. Seeing the commitment of our players to each other this week brought a lump to my throat. I haven't seen anything like this since Alan Dicks' days when we had a team who had largely grown up together. Anybody who joins us has to fit into all this. Speculating on the back of rumours spread by agents is pointless and unhelpful right now. Whatever league we are in I have confidence in our squad and management team and anybody who does join may well be somebody we've never heard of (like Marvin) or totally unexpected (like Michael). Like this year any revolution will be a quiet one I suspect. End of rant! :city:

I thought Reading said they were not interested in only loaning him, then went ahead and di so after they realised no one would pay for him in jan?

might be going barmy but though it was Reading not Lita who were not interested (think it was in GJ transfer window 'mythbusting' interview)

I think BC should ambitious with transfer targets next year - IF we win the play offs - we are so called getting £60 million from one game. So the £30 million already promised to us - if city are serious about staying up the board would hand over at least another £30 million from that 60 to buy players. So lets say we got £60million.

Ok so the player that I think that are in this squad which are currently Prem league quality are;

- Carle - CM, i personally think he was the best player in the Championship, great passing, amazing ball control.

- McIndoe - LM, over the season he has shown he is quality - i think the PL would bring out the best of him.

- Basso - A keeper that should be playing for a bigger team. I am amazed a team Like Ashton villa hasn't thought about buying him with their keeper crisis.

- Orr - Again outshines our defense - he can put good balls in and is an exceptionally committed defender with a great amount of talent.

- Elliot - for the bench - he is good - but with 60 million we can get a better winger.

- Noble - for the bench - a CM, i have seen him play wing and up front, he is pretty good at filling in at any role.

So i feel that we currently have a squad of 4 people and 1 for the bench. From the relegated teams i think we should buy up.

- Larrson - from Birmingham, he is a quality winger - good at set pieces.

- Shorey - Nicky Shorey from Reading - quality left back - we should target him this summer.

- Villa - from Derby - when he does get the ball he is quality - i know derby were terrible but he was their only ray of light.

- Plummer from the youth academy - he is great - 17/18 years old, quick as lightning and has a great shot. I watched him VS man city and he was the best player on the pitch.

Some other targets:

2 good center backs - our two is good, but they aint good enough for PL.

LB - we need one that is as good as Orr.

1 good CM - to go with Carle

1/2 good strikers - ours aint to special , adebola is great at holding up the ball and powering people our of the way but we don't really have player to work off him. We need a striker that is going to net at least 10 goals a year in order to survive. Ours can't manager that in the CC they wont do in the the EPL.

1 Good winger.

If we want to be able to survive we need to be ruthless like Sunderland has been. Tell players that they are not good enough and get rid of them, get new ones. If we don't we do a derby.

No thanks. A big time ###### like that with an overinflated ego who thinks he's better than he is, is the last thing we want whatever division we're in.

I don't care how good he was when he last played for us, the harm someone like that could do to what makes our team strong is immense. Besides, I would have thought Reading will want £4m+ and we will see a chunk of that if someone else pays it, there are better ways to spend that much money.

I thought Reading said they were not interested in only loaning him, then went ahead and di so after they realised no one would pay for him in jan?

might be going barmy but though it was Reading not Lita who were not interested (think it was in GJ transfer window 'mythbusting' interview)

GJ said he wanted a London move. I hope he gets one.

Guest DanC

We went back in for him at the same time as Charlton and he turned us down in favour of them.

I think BC should ambitious with transfer targets next year - IF we win the play offs - we are so called getting £60 million from one game. So the £30 million already promised to us - if city are serious about staying up the board would hand over at least another £30 million from that 60 to buy players. So lets say we got £60million.

Ok so the player that I think that are in this squad which are currently Prem league quality are;

- Carle - CM, i personally think he was the best player in the Championship, great passing, amazing ball control.

- McIndoe - LM, over the season he has shown he is quality - i think the PL would bring out the best of him.

- Basso - A keeper that should be playing for a bigger team. I am amazed a team Like Ashton villa hasn't thought about buying him with their keeper crisis.

- Orr - Again outshines our defense - he can put good balls in and is an exceptionally committed defender with a great amount of talent.

- Elliot - for the bench - he is good - but with 60 million we can get a better winger.

- Noble - for the bench - a CM, i have seen him play wing and up front, he is pretty good at filling in at any role.

So i feel that we currently have a squad of 4 people and 1 for the bench. From the relegated teams i think we should buy up.

- Larrson - from Birmingham, he is a quality winger - good at set pieces.

- Shorey - Nicky Shorey from Reading - quality left back - we should target him this summer.

- Villa - from Derby - when he does get the ball he is quality - i know derby were terrible but he was their only ray of light.

- Plummer from the youth academy - he is great - 17/18 years old, quick as lightning and has a great shot. I watched him VS man city and he was the best player on the pitch.

Some other targets:

2 good center backs - our two is good, but they aint good enough for PL.

LB - we need one that is as good as Orr.

1 good CM - to go with Carle

1/2 good strikers - ours aint to special , adebola is great at holding up the ball and powering people our of the way but we don't really have player to work off him. We need a striker that is going to net at least 10 goals a year in order to survive. Ours can't manager that in the CC they wont do in the the EPL.

1 Good winger.

If we want to be able to survive we need to be ruthless like Sunderland has been. Tell players that they are not good enough and get rid of them, get new ones. If we don't we do a derby.

complete rubbish mate!!

Just about the WORST thing we could do is spend the £60M on buying these types of players and committing to the contracts /wages that go with them.

If a premier player is on - say - £20K week (= £1M per year) and we would need to offer a 3 year deal then wages alone per new player equals £3M.

Sign 8 players and that's a £24M commitment PLUS the transfer fees.

If you add a transfer fee average £3M (some more, some less, some bosman) allow £24M for fees.

So far that's £48M spent

And of course the current squad will have pays rises built in to their current contracts - so that's another £10M.

Most are under contract for next season and won't just walk away from that money to sign for another CCC club.

So that's around £58M - add a bonus for GJ and the staff and it's all gone.

The £60m includes the so called parachute payments - so there alll gone too.

I don't think we would do a Derby - but we could make a good fight and just slip down like Birmingham.

so we're back in the CCC - no money, commited to a £18M wage bill - and income back to £5M

And staring at administration.

GJ will do what he always does and bring in 3 or 4 with the right character and desire - probably people we've never heard of,and certainly not for big fees and wages.

He'll then get even more out of the current players - look at LT, everyone though GJ made a mistake when he arrived, looked overwight etc - GJ's got him fit, hungry, and working harder than he's ever done & now he's the first name everyone thinks of who will fire us into the Premier league.

CR

don't want him

but do we get the sell on clause?

Archived