IGNORED

Fa Cup Today

JudgeRed

Won't even bother watching it. I have no interest in either Baadiff or Portsmouth. Will spend the afternoon thinking about a much more mportant game next Saturday at Wembley.

I will be preparing my internet/phone/phone/internet dial up for the sunday lottery. Fork caaardiff.

Won't even bother watching it. I have no interest in either Baadiff or Portsmouth. Will spend the afternoon thinking about a much more mportant game next Saturday at Wembley.

Cup final day should be any football fans diary! It'll be worth watching just to see all those Baaadiff fans crying as Portsmouth win.

Sky Sports 1HD for the match, far superior PQ than... BBCHD which I'll tune into for the half time anaylasis providing that t**t lawrenson isn't on :D

Forgive me, I would say this is the first cup final in absoloutely ages that I am genuinely looking forward to watching.

Both teams have a real chance of winning something huge in the game, this is much better than seeing drab top 4 teams too scared to throw an attack forward just in case they concede one at the other end.

(Yes ,I know this does'n't properly belong in The City Forum but I have continued the thread as I have found it)

I have to say I'm surprised at the "Don't Give A Stuff Attitude" evidenced by some of the replies, just because City's not involved.

I know that the FA Cup has lost a lot of it's allure in recent years but it's still the most historically celebrated knock-out competition in the world and living proof the money does NOT always buy success in football.

(A factor that might give us some hope when City's playing in the Premier League ).

Look at Barnsley's performance this year! I just can't believe that Liverpool and Chelsea were not trying.

No Man United, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea - that's bloody wonderful. We have two teams that only the people who really care about the game will appreciate-and that's certainly not the marketing men or the bandwagon travellers.

Just Pompey and the Bluebirds . Yes, I know that Cardiff are not exactly Bristol City's bloodbrothers but how about some support for the underdog:- or isn't that an English characteristic any more ?

I will indeed, like the rest of you I imagine be routing for a Pompey hammering of Cardiff. It's great that the final isn't contested by two of the usual suspects though. How dull was the Chelsea-Manchester United final? I think I actually fell asleep during that game briefly........and this is supposed to be the pinnacle of English football. The following day or week I watched the Conference Final between Exeter and whoever beat them(I forget!)..,maybe Accrington Stanley and that game had 100 times more excitement. Just goes to show that the Premier League and there super clubs aren't always what they're cracked up to be and in the big games between each other a rather negative approach seems to be taken as they are too scared to lose and make mistake against the other. I hope Pompey win it today as I really don't like Cardiff's fans or the way that they seem to be able to have the best of both worlds with the Welsh and English Fa....remember the year Wrexham had a points deduction but Cardiff didn't when they were in financial trouble...and I believe they ended up getting help by the Fa and singing lots of expensive loan players to keep them up when they were in financial quagmire.

On a side note though which would you prefer? To win the FA Cup and have a moment you can refer to for eternity of winning the allegedly most famous cup competition in the world or to be promoted in the playoff final to the Premier League for arguably 38 cup finals?! A tricky question I imagine for some......any thoughts?

In my opinion the Welsh clubs shouldn't be in the English FA cup - they have their own FA cup.

They shouldn't be in the English football league either come to that.

If the Welsh clubs are allowed in our league, why not the Scottish ?

Anyway, Portsmouth for me - win it for England.

You are absolutely correct, all of you, I see the error of my ways. A Welsh team should never aspire to win the English FA Cup.

Now, remind me ,was not the last English manager to win the English FA cup Joe Royle back in 1995 ?

You are absolutely correct, all of you, I see the error of my ways. A Welsh team should never aspire to win the English FA Cup.

Now, remind me ,was not the last English manager to win the English FA cup Joe Royle back in 1995 ?

Correction make that 1985 !!!

Archived