IGNORED

Should The Club Introduce A Points System?

Komazawa

I know there has been a lot of talk about this over the past few weeks, and it seems after today the club really needs to look at this seriously.

There seems to be a lot of people that have got hold of tickets having never watched City before (I know of several), whilst lots of genuine City fans have missed out.

I think the club really needs to implement a points system in the near future to make sure those fans who follow City are rewarded.

I'd propose something like this:

- Season ticket holders would automatically get 23 points at the start of the season

- Fans purchasing tickets for home / away / cup fixtures receive 1 additional point

- Maximum of 46 (plus cup) points per season

The club would have to keep an up-to-date database of fans and points, but this would be easy enough to do.

If the club had done something like this this season, tickets for Wembley could have been sold as follows:

- 23 points or over - 2 tickets

- 15 points or over - 2 tickets

- 10 points or over - 1 ticket

- 5 points or over - 1 ticket

(Or something like that). Now I know this wouldn't have stopped glory hunters getting their mits on tickets, but surely this would have allowed genuine followers ample opportunity to get tickets.

I'd also extend this need for a points system if we do get into the Premier League. For example, imagine if we have a trip to Old Trafford - Manchester United will give us 3000 tickets. I think those that travel away most often (say over 10 per season) should have special priorty over those who look out for 'big' fixtures.

- 50% of away allocation made available to people with 35+ points from previous season

- 50% of away allocation for those with 23 points or more (i.e. season ticket holders)

Now I recognise that this plan will have flaws, but I think the club need to look at something like this and implement it soon to make sure true followers get priority in the future.

In principle a good idea. Becomes difficult with POTD... I'm sure some-one could sort out a system like this that would be workable though.

Simple solution to that - buy your ticket in advance (for one it's cheaper) and get your point. Pay on the day and you don't receive one (as it would admittedly be unworkable).

I think it would need to be expanded a little further than just the amount of games you go to i.e. 10 points for each game - so STs get 230 at the start of the season.

You can then add in priority groups with their own points too - City Foundation 50 points, Supporters Groupings 10 points etc...

So you then differentiate between ST holders who also are members of the CF and other priority groupings could start the season on 290 etc...

Any games needing special ticketing can then be released in priority i.e. a non ST holder who has missed 3 home games and gone to 5 away games would have 250 points. A season ticket holder who just goes to home matches not in any other groupings would have 230 points.

Club states any ST and non ST's with over 200 points can have 2 tickets.

Wait a few days - any with 150 or more can have 2 tickets etc...

Wait 1 day - any with 100 or more can have 2 tickets etc...

Finally a day with 30 or more points then a FFA for everyone else afterwards.

The point being is that the club at any time will know the number of people in different points bands and can release tickets with a known maximum demand for a set time period and can employ the correct number of operators to full fill demand on any one day.

I think it would need to be expanded a little further than just the amount of games you go to i.e. 10 points for each game - so STs get 230 at the start of the season.

You can then add in priority groups with their own points too - City Foundation 50 points, Supporters Groupings 10 points etc...

So you then differentiate between ST holders who also are members of the CF and other priority groupings could start the season on 290 etc...

Any games needing special ticketing can then be released in priority i.e. a non ST holder who has missed 3 home games and gone to 5 away games would have 250 points. A season ticket holder who just goes to home matches not in any other groupings would have 230 points.

Club states any ST and non ST's with over 200 points can have 2 tickets.

Wait a few days - any with 150 or more can have 2 tickets etc...

Wait 1 day - any with 100 or more can have 2 tickets etc...

Finally a day with 30 or more points then a FFA for everyone else afterwards.

The point being is that the club at any time will know the number of people in different points bands and can release tickets with a known maximum demand for a set time period and can employ the correct number of operators to full fill demand on any one day.

That's what I mean. Some sort of system needs to be introduced to make sure followers get tickets in future

Simple reply,

They are for next seaosn.

I hope this is true. It woudl also be good (although guess it is a bit too much to ask at this stage) to see them to include provision for supporters away from Bristol/out of the country. I know several clubs have international membership options, and I think one of these such schemes is at Leeds, and as such these fans can get some sort of priority.

I think the point of the thread is to give them ideas for them to formulate a robust system rather than the "I got this idea - what do you think discussion within the confines of the ticket office".

Does/Has the supporters Trust been consulted on the proposed system?

Simple reply,

They are for next seaosn.

That makes me a tad more angry frankly.. loyal fans like me have flown in from other parts of the world,. spent inordinate amounts of money going to see us get hammered at Ipswich, win narrowly at Colchester, draw at Charlton, get played off the park at Loftus Road and push us to the prem with our vociferous support.

Without us, the 12th man that GJ keep going on about, BCFC might not be in quite such a lofty position. The time to do a points system was 9 months ago. Some reward for loyalty that is and some lack of nouse that boggles the mind.

I know there has been a lot of talk about this over the past few weeks, and it seems after today the club really needs to look at this seriously.

There seems to be a lot of people that have got hold of tickets having never watched City before (I know of several), whilst lots of genuine City fans have missed out.

I think the club really needs to implement a points system in the near future to make sure those fans who follow City are rewarded.

- Season ticket holders would automatically get 23 points at the start of the season

- Fans purchasing tickets for home / away / cup fixtures receive 1 additional point

- Maximum of 46 (plus cup) points per season

The club would have to keep an up-to-date database of fans and points, but this would be easy enough to do.

If the club had done something like this this season, tickets for Wembley could have been sold as follows:

- 23 points or over - 2 tickets

- 15 points or over - 2 tickets

- 10 points or over - 1 ticket

- 5 points or over - 1 ticket

(Or something like that). Now I know this wouldn't have stopped glory hunters getting their mits on tickets, but surely this would have allowed genuine followers ample opportunity to get tickets.

I'd also extend this need for a points system if we do get into the Premier League. For example, imagine if we have a trip to Old Trafford - Manchester United will give us 3000 tickets. I think those that travel away most often (say over 10 per season) should have special priorty over those who look out for 'big' fixtures.

- 50% of away allocation made available to people with 35+ points from previous season

- 50% of away allocation for those with 23 points or more (i.e. season ticket holders)

Now I recognise that this plan will have flaws, but I think the club need to look at something like this and implement it soon to make sure true followers get priority in the future.

There is no guarantee the club would follow this system and in this case would ticketmaster? My answer would be no and there was enough already at the clubs disposal to ensure a fair distribution of tickets.

Archived