IGNORED

Glory Supporters, Enough Is Enough

Jesus

Agree with the the therme of your post put feel desperately disppointed for those that have followed home and away and have missed out.

I'm being sincere when I say I hope the club can get another allocation for those folks. My advice is to keep trawling through the forums as there was a guy from Bury who was selling his club Wembley seats for 50 /each the other day, so doen't give up yet.

The reality is that the club has done remarkable things in a short space of time and it is inevitable that more and more people will jump on as people want to be associated with success. This does not make it right that supporters that have stood by the club in the bad time have missed out (for now hopefully) but Hull's distrabution of tickets has also been a nightmare with individual season ticket holders buying as many as 16 tickets each apparently!

Atmosphere is definatley going to be affected when supporters don't know the songs!

I don't think thats the case at all, its not hard to pick up on 99% of the songs..

''Cider army''

''red army''

''johnson says .....''

''flying high''

etc etc, even if you havent heard these songs before, it hardly takes a degree in music and dance to catch onto the lyrics and words

Sorry but people who have offered the club no support all season - the glory hunters - should never be getting tickets ahead of those who have.

Tell that to the board and ticketmaster, this has been a massive success this morning in their eyes.

Sorry but people who have offered the club no support all season - the glory hunters - should never be getting tickets ahead of those who have.

I know Nibor, I do feel the same, but thats just life and you'll NEVER be able to stop it... What I'm saying is, we really need to make the most of it and look forward. If we can't make a noise when we're a game away from the Premier League then we've got issues.

I know Nibor, I do feel the same, but thats just life and you'll NEVER be able to stop it... What I'm saying is, we really need to make the most of it and look forward. If we can't make a noise when we're a game away from the Premier League then we've got issues.

Yes you will. Or if not stop it at least drastically limit it.

It's quite easy, just limit sales to two per person and only sell to people who were on the database before we got to the playoffs. Everyone who has bought a ticket in the last few years is on there so what's the problem with that?

The problem is even though it's quite easy, it's more effort than the lazy ######s at the ticket office can be bothered to put in.

Yes you will. Or if not stop it at least drastically limit it.

It's quite easy, just limit sales to two per person and only sell to people who were on the database before we got to the playoffs. Everyone who has bought a ticket in the last few years is on there so what's the problem with that?

The problem is even though it's quite easy, it's more effort than the lazy ######s at the ticket office can be bothered to put in.

Sounds like a massive operation in such a small amount of time, but good idea.

It's hardly rocket science though is it? This club's made great strides forward, on and off the pitch, in recent years but the ticket office is still stuck in the dark ages of catering for Chesterfield and Vale away. They need to drastically up their efforts if we are celebrating promotion this time next week.

It shouldn't be because they should already have the online ticket system hooked up to their CRM database.

All it takes is planning and forethought - which is probably why we don't manage it.

I no people WITH TICKETS for next week who's last city game was bristol city vs brighton & city vs carslisle! Not attendeding any games inbetween or since! going to wembley doesnt nessecarily attract fans of the future especially if we didnt get a result! Many of these parttimers want to see teams like united who regularly win, only if we won would they potentially come back!

Loyal reds deserve tickets

WOLVERHAMPTON ZYDER EDS B.C.FC

Unfortunately it seems the success on the field has at times raced ahead of our success off the field. With there likely to be some points system in place next year (which would have been ideal for a Wembley final) then at least then there should be some kind of priority for those without season tickets who attend regularly. Additionally if we do make it to the Premier League then I'm sure that we could sell 30-40000 tickets for some games.......again a few seasons before the new stadium will be built(if it happens). I can't imagine many at the club would have envisaged such a successful season to have happened so soon after being promoted from league one and therefore our stadium, procedures etc can seem a little bit outdated and behind the level of success on the pitch. They'll be the usual comments from the club about lessons learned etc, improvements will be made.

Hopefully some with tickets that are taking along family members and friends who never attend will maybe spare a thought for the loyal contributors and attendees on here and may be able to offer tickets to them instead?

Atmosphere is definatley going to be affected when supporters don't know the songs!

Thats what happens at any final!

Tell me one national final game at wembley/Millenium (city or otherwise) that has had a cracking atmosphere with everybody singing the songs??

(The only one I can think of was the LDV against bolton, but that was down to the fact there was terraces so all the hardcore fans could congregate)

Ticket stubs would have erradicated the problem, but with the game so close, it would be a logistical nightmare and probably impossible.

Ticket stubs would have erradicated the problem, but with the game so close, it would be a logistical nightmare and probably impossible.

They don't need to use ticket stubs, everyone on the database has bought tickets at some point so just limit the sale to those people. That wouldn't be a logistical nightmare but it would require a little bit of effort.

Yep, people who have previously ridiculed BCFC and now are begging for a ticket are a disgrace in the same way as the people who are buying tickets for them.

:clap: SPOT ON! This is what upsets me the most.

Oh I don't know there was plenty of ridiculing of the club going on on here for much of the early part of the season.............

The one thing that you have to hope comes out of this 'glory hunter' business, is that the 35 year old men taking their kids for a nice day out because they want to see Wembley for the first time, introduce them to the joys of being a City fan and they grow up to be full and loyal supporters.

The one thing that you have to hope comes out of this 'glory hunter' business, is that the 35 year old men taking their kids for a nice day out because they want to see Wembley for the first time, introduce them to the joys of being a City fan and they grow up to be full and loyal supporters.

my dad did that

but my first game was against roterham :noexpression:

and if i remember correctly mark robins scored for us to loose 2-1

not eactly a "huge" game and a nice day out at wemebly

but I'm still here

and for decades to come

Guest DanC

How many of these glory supporters came back after our previous visits to Wembley and Cardiff? After our LDV win our next home game we had 12k and we were chasing the play offs.

The one thiong that really gets my goat is that Season Tickets Holders were only allowed 2 Tickets Each, and for those like myself who wante to take my wife and two grand children for a nice family day out, couldn't ! But on the Sunday the Glory boys as you put it could buy four Tickets and I just wonder how many of those will be put up for sale on Auction sites. :dunno:

The one thiong that really gets my goat is that Season Tickets Holders were only allowed 2 Tickets Each, and for those like myself who wante to take my wife and two grand children for a nice family day out, couldn't ! But on the Sunday the Glory boys as you put it could buy four Tickets and I just wonder how many of those will be put up for sale on Auction sites. :dunno:

Then again if every season ticket holder could take 4 family members or friends who don't normally go for a day out then surely this means that loyal supporters will miss out too at the expense of said family members or friends? The 2 tickets per season ticket were fair in my opinion just there should have been some priority given for other groups eg next year's season ticket holders, those with stubs etc. 2 for season ticket holders could be considered generous by some as the 1 other could be someone who has never attended Ashton Gate this season.

I am truely gutted for any loyal supporters who have missed out.

However i am suprised how many people are suprised by glory hunters, surely everyone knew we would shift all 37k and our average gate this season is 16k!! We only managed 12k v S****horpe FFS!

I accepted long ago that i will be surrounded by people who don't support City, the Brighton, Stoke, and Carlisle games were two of the least enjoyable times watching City. But lets hope that some of the newbies embrace the occasion and also go and watch City in the future, after all, the clubs with big support have all had a degree of success over the years and thats what we need to get our average gate up.

I'm sure at least 90% of LOYAL City fans will have tickets.

COYR!

It does seem that these Smart cards( that SL has talked about) can't come soon enough. The stubs or possibly the database idea could of came in use for now. yes there should be some loyalty scheme sadly city behind on times. But I agree with what others have said on here find a final which all have no first time fans or final only.

However I do think it is awful how we don't 45.000 tickets due to the wembely "club". Having said that apprentaly they sold out in 20 mins(which by the way is incorrect as I got tickets at 10am and it was just luck of the draw if you got cheap tickets or not due to fans not purchasing tickets that were on offer., that was about just udner 20,000 tickets, so would 10,000 last much longer I think it could have but hopefully get that extra 5,000.

If one of those slimey part timers tells me to "sit down" or "stop swearing" I swear I will kick off! :disapointed2se:

Yep quite agree.

I remember, at Cardiff 2004, one of the people I was with got poked in the back no less for standing to watch the penalty that Brighton got or maybe it was to shout some encouragement to City after it went in. I'm not even sure if they were a part timer though, but a curmudgeonly bastard.

:disapointed2se:

Archived