IGNORED

A Sign Of Things To Come?

BCFChris

I have been lucky enough to get a ticket this morning. I am not a season ticket holder due to work commitments and the same will apply next season. Next saturdays match is like a double edged sword. If we get promotion I will be over the moon, but for a few moments upon that final whistle, I know my heart will sink at the thought of not being able to see my beloved City next year due to fairweather fans! I accept this fate but it still doesn't sit right. I hope all our new fans choke on their prawns!

I have been lucky enough to get a ticket this morning. I am not a season ticket holder due to work commitments and the same will apply next season. Next saturdays match is like a double edged sword. If we get promotion I will be over the moon, but for a few moments upon that final whistle, I know my heart will sink at the thought of not being able to see my beloved City next year due to fairweather fans! I accept this fate but it still doesn't sit right. I hope all our new fans choke on their prawns!

Same with me pal, Ive done about 8 home games and 8 away games this year, but cant make them all so its just not worth buying a ST. All of my family are ST holders though, so I am holding out hope of being able to get hold of away tickets next year, if we do make it up, 'cause they rarely travel to away games!

Hang on a minute, you have a 19,000 ish ground, and it looks like you'll have 15,000 ST holders (Hodges17 turns green with envy).

So how many glory fans can fit in exactly?

If we do win Saturday I'd expect the home stands to be entirely sold out to Season Tickets.

If we do win Saturday I'd expect the home stands to be entirely sold out to Season Tickets.

i think there's a good chance that it would be sold out through season tickets but as posted above, the fa have stated that a certain number/percentage of tickets have to be made available for general sale for each game.

I'm not sure the club are allowed to sell out the entire ground to ST holders.

The Wedlock only had 1,000 Season tickets on sale so there should be some space available there for example.

It's 5% - that will be the "segregation" in the EE or the amount returned by the away side. It's also only a suggestion.

I doubt they would reserve chunks of seats from the Williams, Dolman or Atyeo if they can sell them to ST holders.

Same with me pal, Ive done about 8 home games and 8 away games this year, but cant make them all so its just not worth buying a ST. All of my family are ST holders though, so I am holding out hope of being able to get hold of away tickets next year, if we do make it up, 'cause they rarely travel to away games!

Yeah, the odd away match seems like the only option. I cant see us selling out the away end at the likes of Wigan, Bolton, Stoke, Middlesborough etc.

• Admin
It's 5% - that will be the "segregation" in the EE or the amount returned by the away side. It's also only a suggestion.

I doubt they would reserve chunks of seats from the Williams, Dolman or Atyeo if they can sell them to ST holders.

The Premier League's constitution states that 5% of tickets in home areas must be made available on a match by match basis.

Yeah, the odd away match seems like the only option. I cant see us selling out the away end at the likes of Wigan, Bolton, Stoke, Middlesborough etc.

Suits me, Wigan's ground is 3 miles from me, Bolton is 8 miles, Joke's groumd about 45 miles. Perfick.

It is frustrating though, think I'll have to move back to the west and justify the price of a season ticket.

The Premier League's constitution states that 5% of tickets in home areas must be made available on a match by match basis.

The handbook says "should". There's no mention of any penalties for not following the ticketing policy either whereas there is for other things.

I'm betting that the 5% will be one partly segregated block of about 800 seats in the East End which they've apparently now stopped selling season tickets for.

The handbook says "should". There's no mention of any penalties for not following the ticketing policy either whereas there is for other things.

I'm betting that the 5% will be one partly segregated block of about 800 seats in the East End which they've apparently now stopped selling season tickets for.

To tell you the truth, I don't honestly care where the seat might be as long as there is one! The thought of not seeing City at home next season is horrible!

On a side note, I have managed this season to get my partners 14yr old son interested in City and wanting to go to matches when I go. I guess this fledgling fan with also have to miss out next season due to the prawn sandwich brigade!

Just a thought but with the credit card type system next year maybe the club could set up a system where ST holders who cannot make a game could put their seat up for sale through the club with a split in the sales revenue between the club and the ST holder. That way everybody is happy, the ST holder gets a bit of money, the club get some extra revenue and a non ST holder gets the chance to watch the game. I think they run this system at other premership clubs.

if we go up, then we're going to see why we're always labelled a "sleeping giant". In short - Bristol is a massive city, and there are 10s of thousands who would pay well to watch Premier League football. Most of them will already have a loose affinity for City, and a lot of them will want your seat!

i've lived in south east and now london for years now - and it just isnt possible to make the 240mile round trip for every game, with girlfriend/friends/work, etc getting in the way. That said - i still make over 10 games, and 5 or so away, and i still get the 'ol butterflies at 3pm on a sat, no matter where in the world i am. So **** it, i'm not missing out on nest season if we go up - so i'm getting my season ticket this week for next season - even though i wont be there myself for every game*.

i recommend anyone who is in a simlar boat to get your ST this week, and just bite the bullet for the expense as this sort of chance doenst come along too often. Otherwise, we'll be on the phones to ticket master to get season tickets and we'll find they've sold out in 20 mins too!

*mates or relatives will be though - can't leave an empty seat!

if we go up, then we're going to see why we're always labelled a "sleeping giant". In short - Bristol is a massive city, and there are 10s of thousands who would pay well to watch Premier League football. Most of them will already have a loose affinity for City, and a lot of them will want your seat!

i've lived in south east and now london for years now - and it just isnt possible to make the 240mile round trip for every game, with girlfriend/friends/work, etc getting in the way. That said - i still make over 10 games, and 5 or so away, and i still get the 'ol butterflies at 3pm on a sat, no matter where in the world i am. So **** it, i'm not missing out on nest season if we go up - so i'm getting my season ticket this week for next season - even though i wont be there myself for every game*.

i recommend anyone who is in a simlar boat to get your ST this week, and just bite the bullet for the expense as this sort of chance doenst come along too often. Otherwise, we'll be on the phones to ticket master to get season tickets and we'll find they've sold out in 20 mins too!

*mates or relatives will be though - can't leave an empty seat!

thats fine if you have £450 kicking about. Unfortunately, due to financial constraints this is not possible, although I am due a tax rebate in the post anytime soon. If that turns up brilliant, if not????? Its not good relying on the tax man to watch City next year.

thats fine if you have £450 kicking about. Unfortunately, due to financial constraints this is not possible, although I am due a tax rebate in the post anytime soon. If that turns up brilliant, if not????? Its not good relying on the tax man to watch City next year.

You don't have to pay it all in one go, you can get 0% on the credit card offer or pay by direct debit for a fee. If we're promoted I suspect tickets will be rarer than gasheads with only two thumbs.

Just a thought but with the credit card type system next year maybe the club could set up a system where ST holders who cannot make a game could put their seat up for sale through the club with a split in the sales revenue between the club and the ST holder. That way everybody is happy, the ST holder gets a bit of money, the club get some extra revenue and a non ST holder gets the chance to watch the game. I think they run this system at other premership clubs.

West Ham do that and according to their fans it works fine

i think there's a good chance that it would be sold out through season tickets but as posted above, the fa have stated that a certain number/percentage of tickets have to be made available for general sale for each game.

Not on the day though. That will be all gone. it hasn't been allowed in the prem for years due to "security". So, you need to buy your ticket at least 2 days in advance....

The Club are looking at this and, if we go up, I think we'll see this in practice.

With regards to selling out to season ticket holders, I don't think this will happen. I think the Club would make more money if it capped season tickets leaving 20% to 25% of seats available for non season ticket holders. Not only are they likely to still sell these seats and at a higher price per seat than the season ticket price, but these occasional visitors pay more at the Club Shop than season ticket holders. That's certainly why Man Utd keep a good number of seats available for members of their Membership Scheme.

R u not overcooking it slightly here.

firstly, i am sure if you try a little harder next season, if we go up, you will get tickets.

as far as the prawn sandwich brigade.. they too will put money into the club and we will need it surely not?

I really do not have a problem with anybody turning up for one match a year i really don't.. the system is as it is. If city had changed the system to be more fare then of course there are more deserving fans. but then again perhaps you are not actually having a go here at the play off final ticket arrangements only the prawns and so I think you might be a little too harsh.

It is not a 1s 6d game anymore.

10% or 3k .. whichever is the least

i think

:englandsmile4wf:

i was sort of right

>

2.3 The club abides by the FA Premier League rules governing the allocation of tickets to visiting clubs. These state that unless otherwise agreed by the board or between the clubs, each home club shall make available to its visiting club:

2.3.1 3,000 tickets (or, if the capacity of the home club's ground is less than 30,000, such number of tickets as is equal to 10 per cent of its ground capacity) and, whether or not that allocation is taken up,

2.3.2 Tickets for a minimum of 10 per cent of the home club's disabled spectator accommodation.

2.4 At least half of the tickets referred to in 2.3.1 must be made available on a sale or return basis and the balance must be ordered by the visiting club at least four weeks before the league match to which they relate.

<

:englandsmile4wf:

If we go up then the club will likely cap the number of season ticket holders straight away.

The revenue to be made in ticket sales from 5-6,000 part-timers paying £30-40 a game in the Prem is too good an opportunity to miss. And I'm not knocking the part-timers by the way.

Archived