IGNORED

Club Membership

City1970

What has happened to the club membership?

Not that long ago City had a club membership scheme. The club membership included people who were not season ticket holders but at least went to games now and again. this was useful for people who played football on a saturday afternoon but went to the evening games.

I guess the membership scheme is no longer.

I can remember when season ticket holders got priority and then club members were next priority and then it would be general sale. If I remember rightly the club membership was about £5-£10.

What has happened to the club membership?

Not that long ago City had a club membership scheme. The club membership included people who were not season ticket holders but at least went to games now and again. this was useful for people who played football on a saturday afternoon but went to the evening games.

I guess the membership scheme is no longer.

I can remember when season ticket holders got priority and then club members were next priority and then it would be general sale. If I remember rightly the club membership was about £5-£10.

AHHH Club Membership...I fought a battle for weeks about this with the then Marketing Manager...

The official reason club membership was ended (Without so much as a letter to the members) was that supporters complained that club members (Who apparently hardly went...b***ocks that was) got precedence for purchasing tickets over fans who went every week....The club were going to replace this system with a book to store ticket stubs and provide discounts...Yep that lasted along time...A whole season

Well after today how ######ing Ironic is that...Whilst no system is going to be perfect todays events could have largely been avoided...The consequence of tickets going on sale through ticket master is we can have any number of Hull/ManU/Arse/day trippers in our end and we have given the ticket touts a license to print money

Those who complained that the club membership scheme was unfair might want to consider this....Anyway off my soap box...

Guest DanC

With the swipe card entry system being introduced this is something that could easily be introduced now. Basically you would join the scheme for a couple of quid and you would get a card, If you attend a game then instead of getting a ticket they could add your booking to the card and you just swipe it and in you get. If you attend a big game then you would get 1 loyalty point but if you attend something like Colchester on a Tuesday night you would get 5 points. It's not the hard for them to come up with something to reward the proper fans.

Archived