IGNORED

Tube Stations

0738parkway

Any body got the best advice on what tube station to park at where there are a few pubs close by as i know wembley pubs will be heaving , done the utd v everton cup final and think i done uxbridge , but wonder if there are any others which people have done more recently

Stanmore station is a great bet, car park was empty because every Shrewsbury fan tried to park in Canons Park car park, just one stop down.

If you're a Red coming down from the midlands/north Stanmore is a good shout. £1 to park all day!

Stanmore station is a great bet, car park was empty because every Shrewsbury fan tried to park in Canons Park car park, just one stop down.

If you're a Red coming down from the midlands/north Stanmore is a good shout. £1 to park all day!

Another gas head told me stanmore was a decent tube stop as there is a weatherspoons by the station aswell

When i go to England games i usually park at Uxbridge, its cheap to park in The Chimes shopping centre all day on a saturday and theres a decent pub (The Three Tuns) right outside the tube station.

Sorted thats what i was thinking of doing n e way , hope the pubs an early opener , is it about 35 mins on tube ?

Hi, I live minutes from Hillingdon Tube station. There is plenty of free parking within a short walk of it and there is a pub right next to the station.

If you go next stop up the Met line to Ickenham (plenty of free parking on main road leading from hillingdon station to it) there is a Weatherspoons called the Tichenham Inn within 5 mins of Ickenham station. Thats where I will be getting a burger and a pint for £4.65.

See you there!

Hi, I live minutes from Hillingdon Tube station. There is plenty of free parking within a short walk of it and there is a pub right next to the station.

If you go next stop up the Met line to Ickenham (plenty of free parking on main road leading from hillingdon station to it) there is a Weatherspoons called the Tichenham Inn within 5 mins of Ickenham station. Thats where I will be getting a burger and a pint for £4.65.

See you there!

Thats sounds a fine idea to me

I believe you can pre-book car parking at Ickenham. There's a big NCP next to it.

I have just been on the NCP car park at Ickenham but I couldn't pre book. Just reads about how to get there etc

If you go to Hounslow west you can park for free all day on a saturday, right next door to the tube station. We did it for the QPR game and its perfect. Junction 3 off the m4.

Hounslow west is shut saturday, so its hounslow central, then the picadilly line to picadilly, then the bakerloo line to wembley central, 20 min walk to ground

I'm going to Ickenham NCP sold out of pre booked spaces at about 9:05 on Sunday

... any tips from those 'in the know' about Ickenham - never heard of the place before

As I say above, I live very near Hillingdon station - actually in Ickenham, you don't need to book the parking as there is plenty of safe on street parking within reach of the station. Go on multimap.com for a street map. I recommend Almond Avenue or Long Lane.

CTID

As I say above, I live very near Hillingdon station - actually in Ickenham, you don't need to book the parking as there is plenty of safe on street parking within reach of the station. Go on multimap.com for a street map. I recommend Almond Avenue or Long Lane.

CTID

Would you recommend the tube from Ickenham rather than the chiltern trains - direct to Wembley Stadium Station - from West Ruislip (just up the road as you would know).

I heard that Chiltern would be running extra shuttle services into Wembly? - but I'm wondering if these will be rammed full with Hull fans who have done a park and ride from further up the line ?

would appreciate your local knowledge/advice

cheers,

CodeRed

Block 551 Row 9 - believe

Would you recommend the tube from Ickenham rather than the chiltern trains - direct to Wembley Stadium Station - from West Ruislip (just up the road as you would know).

I heard that Chiltern would be running extra shuttle services into Wembly? - but I'm wondering if these will be rammed full with Hull fans who have done a park and ride from further up the line ?

would appreciate your local knowledge/advice

cheers,

CodeRed

Block 551 Row 9 - believe

Yeah the Chiltern service is quite good but parking near West Ruislip is a bit trickier (car park is usually full) and the boozers - Soldiers Return or White bear are about 1/2 a mile away in either direction (the soldiers is a QPR pub!)

I use the chiltern when I go all the way into central London. Not sure if Chiltern will be running extra from West Rusilip to Wembley although if they are fair play. The met line has more frequent trains so your not stuck to a certain time like the chiltern service and there is more capacity on a tube - sardines springs to mind!!

Good Luck which ever you choose mate!

When i go to England games i usually park at Uxbridge, its cheap to park in The Chimes shopping centre all day on a saturday and theres a decent pub (The Three Tuns) right outside the tube station.

Whats the chances of getting a 17 seater minibus in the Chimes shopping centre car park ?

Whats the chances of getting a 17 seater minibus in the Chimes shopping centre car park ?

that would probably class as a coach and as such would qualify for free parking in the green man pub near wembley, as long as you all go grab a pint in there before the game or whatever!

Archived