IGNORED

Gutted

weepywall

i,ve been a regular City fan for over 30 years, i,ve had season tickets, i,ve been to over 60 grounds watching City and i,ve bought a season ticket for next season but i cant go to watch the biggest game in our history, surely the club could have done something to help non season ticket holders who go regular, ticket stub for Palace away or fans on database, i know people who have tickets who have never watched City and couldn,t name 1 player and they a,int fans of the future, i will be contacting the club this week to get a refund on my season ticket as i feel lots of regular and genuine fans have been well and truely shafted and i don't think the club gives a @@@@ as long as the tickets have been sold.

i,ve been a regular City fan for over 30 years, i,ve had season tickets, i,ve been to over 60 grounds watching City and i,ve bought a season ticket for next season but i cant go to watch the biggest game in our history, surely the club could have done something to help non season ticket holders who go regular, ticket stub for Palace away or fans on database, i know people who have tickets who have never watched City and couldn,t name 1 player and they a,int fans of the future, i will be contacting the club this week to get a refund on my season ticket as i feel lots of regular and genuine fans have been well and truely shafted and i don't think the club gives a @@@@ as long as the tickets have been sold.

I have a lot of sympathy for you. But you have to look at it from the club's point of view. They have to sell their tickets in the most efficient way they know how. They have no wish to repeat the disasters that have plagued other ticket sales when they have tried to do it themselves.

They can't win really, can they?

If they developed some convoluted way of awarding a points system for deserving fans to get their tickets, it would probably take so much time and effort that somebody somewhere would complain that it was a farce. People would be complaining that a more efficient method of selling tickets was required.

To that end, they decided to go for Ticketmaster who - whether you like it or not - managed to shift nearly 20,000 tickets in 20 minutes.

Having made the decision to sell via Ticketmaster, there is no way they can impose those sorts of restrictions on Ticketmaster. Having thought about it over the last few days, I would compliment the club and Ticketmaster that the STH purchase was able to be put in place, probably one of the reasons why the STHs couldn't buy online was simply because Ticketmaster could not change their software to only allow STHs to purchase.

I guess the bottom line is - and yes I know some people can't afford them - that in order to be guaranteed tickets for a big game, you need to be a STH.

I'm a STH and I got my tickets on Thursday morning. However, I was also fortunate and managed to buy 2 more £50 tickets on Sunday morning at 9am, so it wasn't impossible, just improbable.

Looking on the positive side, it is incredible what sort of following and demand this club can generate when it is successful.

If we make it to the Premier League in the next three years, we shouldn't have any problem at all selling out our 30,000-seater stadium, should we?

I have a lot of sympathy for you. But you have to look at it from the club's point of view. They have to sell their tickets in the most efficient way they know how. They have no wish to repeat the disasters that have plagued other ticket sales when they have tried to do it themselves.

They can't win really, can they?

If they developed some convoluted way of awarding a points system for deserving fans to get their tickets, it would probably take so much time and effort that somebody somewhere would complain that it was a farce. People would be complaining that a more efficient method of selling tickets was required.

To that end, they decided to go for Ticketmaster who - whether you like it or not - managed to shift nearly 20,000 tickets in 20 minutes.

Having made the decision to sell via Ticketmaster, there is no way they can impose those sorts of restrictions on Ticketmaster. Having thought about it over the last few days, I would compliment the club and Ticketmaster that the STH purchase was able to be put in place, probably one of the reasons why the STHs couldn't buy online was simply because Ticketmaster could not change their software to only allow STHs to purchase.

I guess the bottom line is - and yes I know some people can't afford them - that in order to be guaranteed tickets for a big game, you need to be a STH.

I'm a STH and I got my tickets on Thursday morning. However, I was also fortunate and managed to buy 2 more £50 tickets on Sunday morning at 9am, so it wasn't impossible, just improbable.

Looking on the positive side, it is incredible what sort of following and demand this club can generate when it is successful.

If we make it to the Premier League in the next three years, we shouldn't have any problem at all selling out our 30,000-seater stadium, should we?

[/quo

If becoming a STH is too expensive or not viable, for those living well outside of the Bristol area or for those with other Saturday commitments, perhaps it is worth considering Foundation membership? Entry to this lottery fund costs about £115 per annum, from memory, yet gives the member priority for all-ticket matches.

Just a thought.

Archived