IGNORED

Superstitions

Somerset Red

I'll be wearing my '30 years of hurt' T shirt.

Red with the famous image of Bobby Moore (in white) on the front.

Not that I'm superstitious, but......It was at Wembley. He wore the number 6.....on a red shirt, he was the captain.

Oh, and his surname had 5 letters!

I'll be kissing my cross (necklace) that my mum gave me before she died on the whistle of kick off... bit adriano style with a look to the heavens..

Not that I'm superstitious, but......It was at Wembley. He wore the number 6.....on a red shirt, he was the captain.

Definately wear that shirt!!!!

I've not got a Wembley superstition, but a winning superstition. I've got in the habit of wearing the same things to the next game if we won the previous one... Most often this season, I've wore my Guinness baseball cap and City have won or drew each time. Late in the season, I wore a black BCFC fleece, especially when it was damp & cold..

I wore my black BCFC fleece and my 'lucky' guinness baseball cap, to the preston game. I therefore wore the same to the 2nd leg against Crystal Palace. It was only in the final minutes of the second half that I realised that I wasn't wearing my cap. I quickly fished it out of my pocket and put it on. Low & behold, Trundle almost scored, and what followed in extra time is now history! :winner_third_h4h:

So, does anyone know what the weather's going to be like on Saturday? I mean, if I'm wearing a black fleece and black baseball cap, and it's sunny & 25C, I'll be.. :sweatingbullets:

Superstitions......thats my middle name.

Problem is, I'll be bloody boiling wearing my massive, fleece lined black jacket on saturday. I've let myself off recently though, I only have to carry it to games and not actually wear it all the time.

Still a pain, but it'll be with me on saturday.

I've not got a Wembley superstition, but a winning superstition. I've got in the habit of wearing the same things to the next game if we won the previous one...

Been wearing the same t-shirt for the last 3 games, it's now on a hanger waiting for Saturday. :blush:

At the start of extra time aginst Palace was searching in my bag for a chewing gum, when i found a candle. Got this out, turned it on, and we won! Its still in my hand bag and hasnt been removed and it wont be either till 3 o'clock next saturday!! :fingerscrossed:

:city:

I have so many stupid superstitions its untrue!

I always enter the Dolman stand where my st seat is by exactly the same turnstile - otherwise we may lose!

I have to have my phone in the same pocket - realised at half time in the palace game it was in the wrong one!!

I subscribe for city text messages but it is bad luck to check the texts during the game - especially when we have scored.

I never listen to a game on the radio as it is bad luck.

I always say we are going to lose no matter who we are playing and I always big up the opposition.

Needless to say this all drives the missus mad!!!

Oh well - btw I think Hull will beat us and they look like a really strong team ;)

CTID

Never go to matches by train. We always lose when i do.

P.S I am going by car so we will be fine... i hope :fingerscrossed:

I used to have some many it was untrue more like i had OCD so i gave most of them up but i always play city songs on my ipod before the game and after have it belting out in the car plus its no longer a chore either.

Besides since i started to BELIEVE i find that is the only thing i need.

When we played palace i was discussing the game at the break was a bit down for some reason then i just thought or had a feeling we were going to do this, there was not a doubt in my mind. Belief and that was abundant at the ground that day you could feel it.

I'll be wearing the same clothes I wore to the Preston game... then to both semi-finals. Also won't shave for 2 days beforehand, as for the last 3 games.

Worked so far... apologies about the smell to the people around me at Wembley!

Guest Garfunkle

well palace was the first away win ive seen all season and was also the first game ive managed to drink 10 pints/cans before the game so ill be doing that again

well palace was the first away win ive seen all season and was also the first game ive managed to drink 10 pints/cans before the game so ill be doing that again

So you didn't see any of the other away wins because you drank 20 pints before the games?

Guest Garfunkle
So you didn't see any of the other away wins because you drank 20 pints before the games?

no usually have around 7 or 8 but started at 7am for palace so managed to get a few more in. we won so i will do the same again

And we've just beaten Palace..... 4 - 2 ........ also after EXTRA TIME!

My user name starts with...........

Wonder what the score will be on Saturday?????

I always wear the home shirt - unfortunately something pink got in with the washing and hence it ran into the white of my shirt - we went through a real sticky time with 1 win in 12 - when I never wore the shirt , but after using dye remover and washing it literally 20 odd times all the dye came out - I wore it for the Preston game and the Palace games and hey presto....!!!

Hence I WILL be wearing in again on Saturday !!!

U Reeeedddsss !!!!!!!!

I bought a new t-shirt before the Preston game for the summer months ahead and have worn it to that game plus both Palace games. It's been washed and hanging up since last Weds ready for the final. Seeing as we've won all three of those games, I have to wear it again to Wembley.

for some reason we always win when i don't wear my watch so wont be wearin that on sat

CITY TILL I DIE!!

:city:

Well don't mind me saying but FFS leave it off ......forever...!!

Christ this time next year we could be top of the Prem...!!!!!!!!

Archived