IGNORED

This Is A Must! Read

JudgeRed

BBC sport Bristol City forum

:chant6ez: I could not agree more with the first letter from a true loyal Bristol City fan :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Just a small part of the letter - These glory hunters will all crawl back under the woodwork if City lose, well I hope not because as your taking my seat at Wembley you can take my seat at the home games next season as well.

Sorry!!! i forgot to mention i do not agree with the Sexton Out! part of the letter.

But some of the other parts of the letter i do agree with. ie Glory hunters!!

Okay- If you feel this way surely the buck should stop at the top. Would you like Lansdown to go?, He's responsible for hiring Sexstone. Or are we just looking for a scapegoat to blame because not everyone has a ticket?

BTW I love Lansdown, what a great chairman :yes:

BBC sport Bristol City forum

:chant6ez: I could not agree more with the first letter from a true loyal Bristol City fan :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Just a small part of the letter - These glory hunters will all crawl back under the woodwork if City lose, well I hope not because as your taking my seat at Wembley you can take my seat at the home games next season as well.

Sorry!!! i forgot to mention i do not agree with the Sexton Out! part of the letter.

But some of the other parts of the letter i do agree with. ie Glory hunters!!

Absolutely spot on even if we win you wont see our one day a year supporters at the GATE,shambles from start until it said all tickets now SOLD OUT.

Totally agree, after supporting City over 40 odd years, missed a handfull of games this season home and away.

Trying to get only 3 tickets today for myself and 2 sons and failing, BCFC can stick the club up where the sun don't shine!

Bitter "YES". I have been one those fans who like to sit where i want, when i want.

I am on the list of buying tickets when needed, but this is a waste of time. Only due to a club where money is more important than the supporter.

Totally agree, after supporting City over 40 odd years, missed a handfull of games this season home and away.

Trying to get only 3 tickets today for myself and 2 sons and failing, BCFC can stick the club up where the sun don't shine!

Bitter "YES". I have been one those fans who like to sit where i want, when i want.

I am on the list of buying tickets when needed, but this is a waste of time. Only due to a club where money is more important than the supporter.

I understand your point, but to be fair, is it not the case where most clubs if not all in the top 2 divisions put money over support? Just look at the PL for this example but to the nth degree.

This was such a predicatble scenario, but the CS attacks are bang out of order, hes hardly to blame for Wembly being too small ! :fastasleep:

demand outstrips supply = unhappy fans. I truly sympathise. but accept it, just as i accept I'm not going either, like a 5h1t load of others. :disapointed2se:

I read earlier on either Ceefax or Teletext that BCFC are set to ask for more tickets because they sold out their allocation so quickly.

Frankly a game of this size should be full, an I can't see the nearenough 18,000 corporates all coming to this game.

I mean, there were 15,000 empty seats in last years play off final due to corporates not turning up, I would wager.

Although having said that, Alan Green on 606 last night asked a City fan if Hull and Bristol City would fill the stadium which I found a tad patronising tbf. :disapointed2se:

I read earlier on either Ceefax or Teletext that BCFC are set to ask for more tickets because they sold out their allocation so quickly.

Frankly a game of this size should be full, an I can't see the nearenough 18,000 corporates all coming to this game.

I mean, there were 15,000 empty seats in last years play off final due to corporates not turning up, I would wager.

Although having said that, Alan Green on 606 last night asked a City fan if Hull and Bristol City would fill the stadium which I found a tad patronising tbf. :disapointed2se:

The attendance for last year's final was 74,993, so 15,000 empty seats is almost spot on.

This was the scene last year:

Derby v West Brom 2007

Derby v West Brom 2007

What a ridiculous state of affairs when the demand is there but the seats remain unsold.

The attendance for last year's final was 74,993, so 15,000 empty seats is almost spot on.

Derby v West Brom 2007

Derby v West Brom 2007

What a ridiculous state of affairs when the demand is there but the seats remain unsold.

That is ridiculous! Is that middle tier all corporate seating?

Surely that many empty seats cannot be allowed to happen when the demand for tickets is so high. I'm sure Derby and West Brom would have easily sold out Wembley given the chance.

I sincerely hope BCFC & HCFC don't allow that to happen this year. FFS.

I am not condoning violence of any sort but these ticket touts need a good :bruce_h4h:

Put it this way, if some plank is stood on Wembley Way trying to flog tickets for way over the odds, he might, just might live long enough to regret it.These people are a lower lifeform than plankton....

This was such a predicatble scenario, but the CS attacks are bang out of order, hes hardly to blame for Wembly being too small ! :fastasleep:

demand outstrips supply = unhappy fans. I truly sympathise. but accept it, just as i accept I'm not going either, like a 5h1t load of others. :disapointed2se:

But somebody is responsible for the shambles and accepting it means it will happen again.

Fans do not treat others supporters in this manner and it has got nothing to do with Wembley being too small more acase of a lack of empathy where loyalty is not valued.

Derby v West Brom 2007

Derby v West Brom 2007

Looking at those photos makes me mighty glad I didn't pay £98 for a ticket. Imagine paying that and being sat next to no-one or a couple of corporate clots!

Looking at those photos makes me mighty glad I didn't pay £98 for a ticket. Imagine paying that and being sat next to no-one or a couple of corporate clots!

Hey - we paid £98. And I'd rather have paid that than be moaning on this forum tht I didn't get any tickets!

Derby v West Brom 2007

Derby v West Brom 2007

I relly don't know why when they built wembley and came up with the idea of club wembley they didn;t have the forsight to offer the ability for club wembley members to let the FA know in advance that they wouldn't be attenting certain games and then The FA can allocate their tickets to fans who actually want to attend the game.

I relly don't know why when they built wembley and came up with the idea of club wembley they didn;t have the forsight to offer the ability for club wembley members to let the FA know in advance that they wouldn't be attenting certain games and then The FA can allocate their tickets to fans who actually want to attend the game.

Surely they could have a system whereby debenture holders have to register that they want to take up their seats by a certain date, otherwise they'll be released for general sale 7 days prior to the event.

For all the understandable discontent about how tickets were sold, it is surely Wembley that is most to blame in all of this. They have the seats to accommodate all the fans who want to go, but simply refuse to sell them.

I agree that touts etc are the scum of the earth and this should be stopped.

As for the club being to blame for some fans not getting tickets then I find this out of order!! The club state the ONLY way to gaurantee tickets for games is to hold a season ticket? How do you expect the club to dish out the tickets in a fair manner when season ticket holders have been taken care of? The club do not run a loyalty system AND WE ALL KNOW THIS!!!!

So come on lets have some suggestions how this could have been done better? I have heard a lot of moans but no solutions that could have been pot in place before the tickets went on sale?

No matter how this was done people would have been dissapointed and lets take a possitive out of this that the club is well supported and moving in the right direction. Lets not get negative now when we are on the brink of the big time. Lets face it that what we all wanted, but hey we could go back ten years when we got 8,000 down the gate and we were all happy in League 1!! ????

Come on get behind the club and if we do get to the Prem hopefully the loyalty scheme will sort out ticket issues and we will all be happy!

As for the club being to blame for some fans not getting tickets then I find this out of order!! The club state the ONLY way to gaurantee tickets for games is to hold a season ticket? How do you expect the club to dish out the tickets in a fair manner when season ticket holders have been taken care of? The club do not run a loyalty system AND WE ALL KNOW THIS!!!!

So come on lets have some suggestions how this could have been done better? I have heard a lot of moans but no solutions that could have been pot in place before the tickets went on sale?

No matter how this was done people would have been dissapointed and lets take a possitive out of this that the club is well supported and moving in the right direction. Lets not get negative now when we are on the brink of the big time. Lets face it that what we all wanted, but hey we could go back ten years when we got 8,000 down the gate and we were all happy in League 1!! ????

Come on get behind the club and if we do get to the Prem hopefully the loyalty scheme will sort out ticket issues and we will all be happy!

Agree entirely - there was no easy solution to this and while I feel for those thatb have not got tickets I don't believe there was ever any way that some would not have been disappointed. Hope steps are taken against those who are touting tickets by the club and the FA/Wembley.

another point suntan, but who is to say touts HAVE got a number of tickets?

there were probably 30k people trying to get tickets yesterday,and touts were what.... 300 of them? Why did they get through when so many others didnt. Even using the internet isnt foolproof, as many have found out.

problem was that we don't yet have a loyalty scheme so had to put that many on general sale, we used an efficient and rapid ticket selling vendor, and demand far far outstripped supply - meaning it became a lottery.

(and anyway - i'm working on getting you in as we speak! ;))

Club Wembley seat holders get first refusal for their seat on Saturday, but they have to pay for them. The Play Off finals are not included in the package.

I'm not sure when they have to commit by, but would imagine it would be by now.

On the Sexstone front... yes I do blame him. I think it's a disgusting slap in the face for many of our fans, some of which would have been supporting for years and have no idea how to use an on-line booking system.

I fear we'll have lost some of these people for good. I'm a season ticket holder, but if I had missed out on a ticket because of a load of "one matches" I would be down the gate now banging on Sexstone's office door.

Derby v West Brom 2007

Derby v West Brom 2007

I am of course gutted for any city boys who have been done by the day out brigade, unfortunately this was always likely to be the case with the Ticketmaster tout nonsense and no loyalty scheme in place.

BUT these photos make me unbelievably angry - if the middle tier is like this on saturday, this will be the biggest injustice of them all - a failing of Wembley and the FA.

Home of football - my ar*e.

To think a game like this would not attract so called glory hunters is ridiculous. Our average gate this season has been about 15,500. Whenyou take into account the 1,000 away fans that leaves an average of 4,500 POD supporters. They had 19,000 tickets once the ST sales were complete so whatever way it was done there are going to be lots of glory hunters.

Don't blame the club because whatever way the club sales tickets this forum is full of people moaning about not getting tickets. Yes i am a ST holder and i have got tickets for Wembley but i have missed out on away games this year because there weren't enough tickets to go around and accepted it. If someone has the perfect system for allocating tickets why not write to the club because i'm sure they do care about the fans and the last thing they want is to alienate us.

For those who say i'm not going to the Gate again because i haven't got a Wembley ticket perhaps it is better you stay away.

Hey - we paid £98. And I'd rather have paid that than be moaning on this forum tht I didn't get any tickets!

Me to Cheese.

Looking at how empty the club wembley section was at the West Brom Derby game, if it's like that saturday will we be able to move seats so that we can all congregate together, ideally behind the goals? Might be bit lonely on your ownsome, especially when trying to join in the singing.

Archived