IGNORED

Going To Far?

BristolCity1992

Ok so I went around my mates tonight who is quite annoyed at what he calls "Hangers on" this could well have been drunk talk but he is thinking of getting a white sheet and some black paint on putting the following wording on the sheet to take to Wembley -

SATURDAY 29TH NOVEMBER 2005

BRISTOL CITY 0 - 3 SOUTHEND UNITED

ATTENDANCE - 10,625

BRISTOL CITY V HULL CITY

CITY FANS - 36'000

26,000 WHERE WERE YOU IN 2005?

At the time I thought it was funny and agreed to help make him paint it but now I'm thinking it is a little bit childish thoughts?

I think he should put more effort into the fact that we are 1 game away from the prem, rather than whos watching the match.

Not a bad choice of game.

Another good example could have been Bristol City 2 v Chesterfield 4, an even grimmer game a few weeks later (we scored first, Basso's home debut and were 3-1 down after 40 minutes or something).

Do you really need to pull up a game from the archives and talk about it?

Well done for being there 'all those years ago'.

Ok so I went around my mates tonight who is quite annoyed at what he calls "Hangers on" this could well have been drunk talk but he is thinking of getting a white sheet and some black paint on putting the following wording on the sheet to take to Wembley -

ATTENDANCE - 10,625

BRISTOL CITY V HULL CITY

CITY FANS - 36'000

At the time I thought it was funny and agreed to help make him paint it but now I'm thinking it is a little bit childish thoughts?

Sorry but I think it just brings a negative side to a great day out.

We could all point the fingers at others when we have been at games with small attendances in the past. The truth of the matter is the vast majority of people that have got tickets have done so for a reason, they have an affection for our club. Now if some of those cannot make all the home games, or some choose their games, then so be it. We have a large catchement area and there are also those that cannot afford to attend every game, and games at home to Southend when we are struggling wont appeal, especially if you are on a budget.

I for one have only started buying season tickets in recent years again and for my kids as well, now that I have more time as they are growing up. That said I had my first season ticket in about 1974 and have had them on and off since.....does that make me less of a supporter ? If any of you knew me, you'd know that that is simply not the case as I am City through and through.

The eyes of the world will be on our game at Wembley and I think a negative stance makes our club look divided, which it is not. We should be working in the opposite direction and building even more of a unity than ever, not squabbling about who attended what game and when.

Come together lads and lassies and sing our team to the best league in the world....!

Come on you redssss.......!!!

ATTENDANCE - 10,625

BRISTOL CITY V HULL CITY

CITY FANS - 36'000

DO IT!!!!!

DO IT!!!!!

Sorry, but don't do it! It will look lame and it will look like sour grapes. If this flag turns up on tv, the nation will see us as a load of backwater bumkins who don't want the club to progress

Did you want prem football?? As 99% of people wanted prem football, this is what you have to put up with for the massive games I'm afraid.

I would much rather play in the CCC playoff final and attract loads of gloryboys than spend 9 years in League one playing crap football and hope ebbing away. Do you remember what that is like????

Its a stupid idea

I'd rather a flag for Sexpest and how he has alienated a large number of fans that have supported the club for years. No point blaming glory hunters who want a day out - they actually havent done anything wrong

**** me, this has to be the MOST petty day on this forum ever.

With you there

From a FAKE FAN who can't go EVERY WEEK but is going to Saturday's game

Surely the point is we'll all be cheering the lads in red, and some of the 'hangers on' may remain hung on forever? E.g. people's kids, going to their first game?

It's a shame that many devoted fans missed out, it really is. But if you allow everyone who gets through to buy 4 tickets, some 'real' fans will miss out.

With you there

From a FAKE FAN who can't go EVERY WEEK but is going to Saturday's game

Surely the point is we'll all be cheering the lads in red, and some of the 'hangers on' may remain hung on forever? E.g. people's kids, going to their first game?

It's a shame that many devoted fans missed out, it really is. But if you allow everyone who gets through to buy 4 tickets, some 'real' fans will miss out.

Roll on the loyalty scheme the club are going to implement next season, yes more loyal fans will get the tickets for big matches but the point is, when it comes to massive matches like wembley and such like, you will always have the same problem, you cant fit a quart into a pint pot, anybody who really cares about city will now get a season ticket or if money is a prob one of the cheaper options, supporters trust etc to make sure that they get a first shout on tickets for future games

Roll on the loyalty scheme the club are going to implement next season, yes more loyal fans will get the tickets for big matches but the point is, when it comes to massive matches like wembley and such like, you will always have the same problem, you cant fit a quart into a pint pot, anybody who really cares about city will now get a season ticket or if money is a prob one of the cheaper options, supporters trust etc to make sure that they get a first shout on tickets for future games

Exactly, had the club had any idea at the start of the season that we would be where we are now then i'm sure they would have introduced a loyalty scheme this season, but frankly nobody thought it was going to happen and they had plans to bring it in next season when it was more of a possibility.

At the end of the day whatever the club did there would have been problems, sell to priority groups in person and anyone who works or doesn't live near AG is penalised, go for the ticket stub option and you have the same problem as that would have to be done in person and if you live in say Yeovil and work you aren't going to be able to get there, the only way it could have been done would have been to sell to people on the database first which was where they missed the boat IMO.

However, the people moaning that they couldn't afford a season ticket to guarentee the tickets fair enough, but when it was apparent 3 months ago that were were almost a certainty for the playoffs at least, you could have joined the City Foundation at a substantially reduced cost from a season ticket and had priority for tickets to games like this.

There were plenty of options to guarentee your ticket for the massive games, it just so happens that people didn't take them and are now bitter. If i didn't have a season ticket then there is no doubt i'd be a member of the city foundation.

Archived