IGNORED

Team Selection For Saturday

Basso for Brazil

Well i would go unchanged yet again as this has been doing the job

Basso

Orr Carey Mccombe Mccalister

Noble Carle Elliot Mcindoe

Trundle Adegoala

I'm sure this post will be ignored because its actually talking about the team we are all going to support be it whether youve been to 48 matches this year or none. However if you do want to talk about the match and not how much of a supporter you are what would be your line ups? Also do we go for Brooks or Byfield on the bench? or do we even throw in Vasko for the pressure later on in the match. My sub bench would be,

Weale

fontaine

sproule

brooker

johnson

Basso

Trundle Adegoala

I'm sure this post will be ignored because its actually talking about the team we are all going to support be it whether youve been to 48 matches this year or none. However if you do want to talk about the match and not how much of a supporter you are what would be your line ups? Also do we go for Brooks or Byfield on the bench? or do we even throw in Vasko for the pressure later on in the match. My sub bench would be,

Weale

fontaine

sproule

brooker

johnson

Finally, a post that does not mention tickets.

**EDIT**

Sh1t, i just did. :surrender:

Finally, a post that does not mention tickets.

**EDIT**

Sh1t, i just did. :surrender:

I was thinking the same, i'm sympathetic towards it as we have a section made for the 'T' word

Reminder http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showforum=44 but it is taking over in this section threads

of this kind ''THE TEAM'' now as for the team i'd like to see the same one that started vs palace.

Basso

Trundle Adegoala

Weale

fontaine

sproule

brooker

johnson

Only really the bench that may change IMO

I think youve called it but i cant see Brooker in the squad simply because we cant take the risk with his fitness( i know endless debate but he recently had hamsting pull which went largely unnoticed.) plus I think Byfield played in major final with millwall and has pace we may need if were looking for a winner but its a tough call.

Only really the bench that may change IMO

I think youve called it but i cant see Brooker in the squad simply because we cant take the risk with his fitness( i know endless debate but he recently had hamsting pull which went largely unnoticed.) plus I think Byfield played in major final with millwall and has pace we may need if were looking for a winner but its a tough call.

Yeah brooker fitness is a dodgy one and we all know he takes a few games to get back into form, but byfield really hasnt impressed me this season even when he has scored. Nice headache for old Gary though, does he go for pace or strength against the tiring Hull defenders.

Bumptey bumptey bump

Good post getting lost with all ticket 5hit and before you ask i don't have one but we need to stay behind the team and not lose sight of our goal.

I for one am sick of it now accept it and move on so us fans can enjoy the build up to the game. I will be disgusted if we don't we knowing that us fans didnt give all or at least enjoy the build up to the game.

it has to be the same 11 as the past 3 matches, probably the best we've played all season. i do think that Brooker should be on the bench, if we need someone for 10 minutes at the end to grab a goal i'd fancy Brooker over Byfield

byfield really hasnt impressed me this season even when he has scored

Well I've certainly been impressed by Byfield when he's scored!

I'd certainly go with Byfield on the bench rather than Brooker. Otherwise the same starting line-up as per the Palace games..

Hull's tactic seems to be to give Windass and Barmby the first hour then replace their experience with pace in the form of Folan and Fagan. We can offer a similar threat from Sproule and Byfield. The good news is that we can start with younger legs from the start.

I don't think that there will be any surprises.

For me its Brooker for Byfield as he offers something different from the bench - Sproule has the pace and looked much improved in the second leg vs Palace than when he came on vs PNE.

If Brooks is fit that's the only change I expect.

The only change may be Brooker on the bench. Byfield imo will not get a new contract, so whats the point.

All depends on how "fit" Brooker is, doesn't it?

If Brooks is really 100% I expect that he'll be on the bench, if he isn't then it will be an unchanged starting XI and the same bench as the Palace games, I guess.

The gamble with putting him there if he's not properly fit just doesn't bear thinking about to me, as the loss of Adebola or Trundle early on could in theory see him having to last 110 minutes.

I'd be tempted to replace Johnson with Vasko.

Hold on this is not having a go at Johnson but for me he either starts or is not in the squad. With Noble and Carle starting what does Johnson offer from the bench you have 2 creative midfielders already on the pitch, a pacey winger on the bench and a striker on the bench. Vasko gives you the extra option to close the game out if we are in front or put him upfront if we are desperate with 10 mins to go and need a goal.

Unlikely to happen but just a thought.

I'd be tempted to replace Johnson with Vasko.

Hold on this is not having a go at Johnson but for me he either starts or is not in the squad. With Noble and Carle starting what does Johnson offer from the bench you have 2 creative midfielders already on the pitch, a pacey winger on the bench and a striker on the bench. Vasko gives you the extra option to close the game out if we are in front or put him upfront if we are desperate with 10 mins to go and need a goal.

Unlikely to happen but just a thought.

No cant see it Johnson is a different style of midfielder to NC and i would say i we need to go for a winner late on then Marvin E should be the one who is sacrificed as for me he is the anchorman of the midfield but what do i know.

Still might silly to go for broke if were drawing but on such decsions legends are born Fortune favours the brave!!!!

After all niether team will fancy the dreaded p... no cant bring myself to type it.

Archived