IGNORED

What Do We Think Of Pulis Now?

Big Red Rich

Pulis is a bit of a legend down the Gate, one of the finest managers that we have had and one of the most popular gaffers of the last 25 years apart from Russell Osman. It was Pulis who is the only manager never to lose a home game in his time as manager and was boss when we signed Paul Holland and he was also the guy that brought Steve Jones to the club. Now though he is manager of Stoke and has Akinbuyme playing for him, do we still like him? Personally I find it a hard one to answer. I'm no fan of Stoke but I can't just bring myself to dislike someone who did so much good for the City.

• Admin

Although he's now sold his soul to manage the Stokies, there's no denying what a superb job he's doing and I think you'd struggle to find a single City fan who wouldn't have him back in an instant. Anyone who says otherwise is obviously a liar!

I think you do TP a disservice, Big Red Rich. He was actually much better than that. I ioften hanker for the free-flowing, free-scoring "total football" we played under him.

I just loved the way he let the creative players go out there and express themselves. Oh how we'd long for that sort of excitement now. But I fear Man Utd or Arsenal would have first call on him these days. And who could argue? Certainly not me.

Pulis was certainly heading for an OBE for services to BCFC when unfortunately he was lured away by another club. Sad really as I think nobody deserves a gong more than Mr Pulis. After all, he did such a fantastic job here and he was adored almost 100%.

Guest Swiss Baloney
Pulis was certainly heading for an OBE for services to BCFC when unfortunately he was lured away by another club.  Sad really as I think nobody deserves a gong more than Mr Pulis.  After all, he did such a fantastic job here and he was adored almost 100%.
Ye remember the regretful away day at Brentford, that the majority of City fans found out that he off to Pompey

Never noticed such an ovation for any manager :sub: and the people crying :laugh:.

BRR, your question is almost identical to one about Osman. It's uncanny. Did you realise this?

I think your question is more pertinent because Pulis is still fresh in our minds what with his Brasil-like love of the Beautiful game. In fact, now that you've asked the question I can't stop thinking about Pulis. Sorry.

• Admin
BRR was intentional when he started the Pulis thread, it was in direct response to the Osman thread which, worryingly, was a serious posting!!

BRR sort of elevates sarcasm to an art form.

Love it.

fct, stop, read back Chivs' reply then "edit"....you know it makes sense :laugh:

It really was a sort of general explanation Chiv/Madger to the wide audience; I know Chiv was tongue in cheek but I'm concerned that some others may not get it; after all, that's why this thread began in the first place!!

Guest jaypug

Yes, but what we are missing about the God which was Pulis!! what a bout his faithfull sidekick TOeTOE, um sorry i mean Lynsey Parsons. Pulis was nothing without him! :laugh:

Archived