IGNORED

Music At The Stadium

Franklin CITY

Firstly glad that genuine supporters have a last chance of picking up tickets on Wednesday. Also well done to all involved for setting up the singing areas etc.

My final plea surounds the music from the PA system. It would really pi$$ me off if all we get is some corporate crapp like 'we are the champions or Jeff bleeding Beck.(rather have senses working overtime by XTC but too many Swindon connections!)

No doubt Mr Sexton will put in a request for You give love a bad name, just to shift those last few hundred Bon Jovi tickets down at the Gate (only joking Col, I think that you have done a good job and have come in for some unwarranted stick)

But please please please can we have the Wurzels (original version) of Drink up ye Cider. Its the only real song associated with the club. Brings back memories of singing it in the sky blue stand at Coventry when we got back to 2-2 and obviously at Anfield when hearing it sung brought tears to my eyes.

Even One for the Bristol City doesn't really do it for me. So please can we have a push for the one song which has become our anthem.

What songs would others like to hear.....

Where can you get a pint of Black Rat in the Capital?

Ureds

Firstly glad that genuine supporters have a last chance of picking up tickets on Wednesday. Also well done to all involved for setting up the singing areas etc.

My final plea surounds the music from the PA system. It would really pi$$ me off if all we get is some corporate crapp like 'we are the champions or Jeff bleeding Beck.(rather have senses working overtime by XTC but too many Swindon connections!)

No doubt Mr Sexton will put in a request for You give love a bad name, just to shift those last few hundred Bon Jovi tickets down at the Gate (only joking Col, I think that you have done a good job and have come in for some unwarranted stick)

But please please please can we have the Wurzels (original version) of Drink up ye Cider. Its the only real song associated with the club. Brings back memories of singing it in the sky blue stand at Coventry when we got back to 2-2 and obviously at Anfield when hearing it sung brought tears to my eyes.

Even One for the Bristol City doesn't really do it for me. So please can we have a push for the one song which has become our anthem.

What songs would others like to hear.....

Where can you get a pint of Black Rat in the Capital?

Ureds

Hear Hear!

Too right, how I hate bloody Hi ho silver lining and that new version of Drink up thee cider isn't a patch on Adge Cutler's.........

Praise you by Fatboy Slim or Living in the City by Steve Wonder wouldn't go amiss, though...

I like our 'anthem' one for the bris... leave it alone.

Mind you, as a rouser to get you in the mood and send shivers down the spine of the oppo i thought the rendition of 'A long Good Friday' at Palace was superb. I thought it suited those sarf london boys right down to the ground. great song.

I like our 'anthem' one for the bris... leave it alone.

Mind you, as a rouser to get you in the mood and send shivers down the spine of the oppo i thought the rendition of 'A long Good Friday' at Palace was superb. I thought it suited those sarf london boys right down to the ground. great song.

in 2000 played high ho silver lining, bloody embaressing, stoke had just belted out delilah

Guest Garfunkle

it has to be drink up thy zider, main reason is that it is very hard to sing 'one for the bristol city' all the way through as not a lot of people know the words.

could somebody speak with the club? dave l? tom f?

it has to be drink up thy zider, main reason is that it is very hard to sing 'one for the bristol city' all the way through as not a lot of people know the words.

could somebody speak with the club? dave l? tom f?

won't be drink up thy zider, unfortauntely due to language

Guest Garfunkle
won't be drink up thy zider, unfortauntely due to language

why? and they played it at millennium stadium didnt they?

No they played hi ho silver bloody lining.

I have written to David Lloyd last Friday asking if he has any influence on what Wembley will play but no reply so far - they guy is obviously a busy man this week.

Lets hope it is Drink up thy Zider....!!!!!

Guest Garfunkle

I have written to David Lloyd last Friday asking if he has any influence on what Wembley will play but no reply so far - they guy is obviously a busy man this week.

against carlisle at the millennium stadium i couldve swore they played it? is it just me that remembers this?

Too right, how I hate bloody Hi ho silver lining and that new version of Drink up thee cider isn't a patch on Adge Cutler's.........

Praise you by Fatboy Slim or Living in the City by Steve Wonder wouldn't go amiss, though...

Amen to that...

I do like We Are The Champions though, don't know why :D

If I hear Chelsea Dagger I'm going to jump off the top tier.

Well vounteered Sir C-T. But will this be an improvement the ball jugglers we had as prematch entertainment at the Mill Stad?

Do you want us all to cheer as you go over the edge?

good shout but you cant beat the feeling when you hear.. its coming home .....its coming home...footballs coming home ...

remember this one from France 98. Jean Micheal Jarre football mix of Rendez vous.

God I wish we were in Euro 08, boring summer ahead, oh well, COME ON ESPANOL !!!!!

because Wembley are unlikely to agree to play a song that contains the words

"we're going down the rovers to do the ######s over........"

that was the excuse as to why it wasn't played at the Mill Stad

Extremely busy! Sorry not to have replied to your email but if you read my blog on bcfc.co.uk tomorrow you'll get an update on music for Saturday.

because Wembley are unlikely to agree to play a song that contains the words

"we're going down the rovers to do the ######s over........"

that was the excuse as to why it wasn't played at the Mill Stad

I'll think you'll find that the words in the actual song are "We'll knock the milk churns over and roll them in the clover" (or something very similar), and it just happens to be that City fans replaced the words with the one's you've mentioned above!

Don't quite get this, as the offiical lyrics are obviously not those about "going down the Rovers e.t.c.", but milkmaids.

One for the Bristol City has 'Bl###y' in the song, so doesn't make sense!

Agree anything other than Hi Ho Silver Lining though - against Bolton and Mansfield we outsung them but Stoke did a number on us with the old Tom Jones impression!

Extremely busy! Sorry not to have replied to your email but if you read my blog on bcfc.co.uk tomorrow you'll get an update on music for Saturday.

Why not tell us now? Is it secret as we are going to get another suprise as the song kicks off "You're everywhere and nowhere, baby, that's where ..... and thousands of City fans stand there in bemusement.

Archived