IGNORED

Saturday?..........has It Sunk In....really

bh_red

pretty much constantly since the full time whistle I've been thinking about Wembley and being 90mins for the Prem and I keep thinking? how are we here? is this real?

Just wondering considering the last 10 years and the disaster of Pulis, the endless attempts and heart-breaking failure under Wilson, The Tinnion time and the take over and massive shake up of the club as a whole under Gary.

Is anyone else seem like they are in a complete and utter fantasy land and the fact that we have come up at last into the championship we could soon be waving it goodbye and moving on up in the Premier League?

Win or Lose on Saturday and wherever we are next season, this feeling I've had for the club, the manager and the team for this last week regardless of Tickets has been without doubt been the most satifisying time of being a city my near 30 year life.

I almost don't want the came to come!

I am in the same boat as you. After the second leg against Palace, the boys came through strong and now we are 1 game, 1 GAME from the Premier League. Since that Tuesday, I have been drunk numerous times and now I am watching how the FA Cup was won on Sky Sports and looking at Wembley, I cannot wait.

I was down AG today and had a chat with McIndoe,Millen,Walshy and Fonts and they were so relaxed and said the team were "Chillin" and couldn't wait for Saturday.

I know we can do it but what ever the outcome, to be a City fan is the best feeling in the world, But when I think about Saturday, I feel like throwing up!

Come on City, 90 minutes of 110% commitment, and I BELIEVE we will be there!

all those years languishing in the lower leagues do seem light years away now still hasn,t really sunk in that we are 90mins from prem me personally am cr**in me self still probably wont believe it if :fingerscrossed: we do win till i see those prem fixture lists :city: :Believe: :goingup:

Guest DanC

I'm trying not to build my hopes up, City have let us down to many times in the past and I am dreading that I don't feel like I did after the Brighton game but with Gary in charge that's unlikely to happen.

I'm trying not to build my hopes up, City have let us down to many times in the past and I am dreading that I don't feel like I did after the Brighton game but with Gary in charge that's unlikely to happen.

Best attitude too have is class this match as a celebratory game at the home of football to finish off a fantastic season. If you win, bonus, if you lose, hey so what, what a year City have had.

Talking about it at work today - I work for a Wolves fan and with a Leicester fan (ha!) and Liverpool fan - and it still seemed a bit surreal. I can't even accept the fact that I've bought my tickets and paid for my parking at Wembley and will be going there this weekend!

I dearly hope we win, but at the same time know that if we lose I won't feel like I did after we lost to Brighton in 2004.

got exams, and it is so hard to revise and concentrate with all this anticipation around... its a personal hell

i want to do well

but..

i want to daydream about a trundle wonder goal more!

and there are always resits right?

i havent even contemplated losing and i keep finding myself talking about city like we are already in the promised land... which i know is a very dangerous game to play, oh well... positive thinking breeds positive results!!!

brighton was a one off, a internal joke amongst the club so we could laugh at brighton in the championship... this time we are serious :innocent06:

this time we will triumph

well i bloody hope so anyway :fingerscrossed:

pretty much constantly since the full time whistle I've been thinking about Wembley and being 90mins for the Prem and I keep thinking? how are we here? is this real?

Just wondering considering the last 10 years and the disaster of Pulis, the endless attempts and heart-breaking failure under Wilson, The Tinnion time and the take over and massive shake up of the club as a whole under Gary.

Is anyone else seem like they are in a complete and utter fantasy land and the fact that we have come up at last into the championship we could soon be waving it goodbye and moving on up in the Premier League?

Win or Lose on Saturday and wherever we are next season, this feeling I've had for the club, the manager and the team for this last week regardless of Tickets has been without doubt been the most satifisying time of being a city my near 30 year life.

I almost don't want the came to come!

I know exactly what you mean. To think where we were two years ago and to think where we are now. Its hard to believe how far we have come. And even though it seems obvious, every now and then I find myself thinking, hang on a minute, If we win on saturday were in the Premier League!!!

Guest DanC
I don't think it will properly sink in until Thursday or Friday when people have their tickets in front of them.
It wont sink in until I am sat there in my seat pissed out my face trying to mumble the national anthem.

I was 14 last time around and it was an unbelievable feeling and many years later I feel exactly the same..still a big kid when it comes to moments like this. For those of you that remember 82 and the following few years feeling that the good times had gone brush aside those memories, brush aside the nerves, we are on the threshold of 76 again..STAND UP AND SING YOUR HEARTS OUT and above all BELIEVE

I'm still thinking is this real. Even though saw us last tuesday to book our spot and get up early yesterday to get my ticket. I didnt think too much of it realy last week other than wednesday reflecting on the night before. But since yesterday and getting the ticket made me think about it more.

At work when we were quiet today kept on day dreaming about it and having a city song going in my head. I seem to want to keep talking about it aswell, but only one lad there with a bit of interest in footy and the rest are women so cant just talk about it all day.

Probably will sink in more when the tickets arrive and see them. Cant wait for saturday to roll round but this week will go so slow then sat will feel like its gone in a flash. I honestly cant wait even if still doesnt feel like its happening.

yep I really can't believe where we are now I remeber just 2 or 3 seasons ago watching city stuck in league one no real hope( well compared with GJ now) and losing 6-1 sheff weds I was only half shocked. I remeber once worse games (maybe tinnions era possibly not) where Wayne Alisson scored in the first 45 seconds of the game and we were a scambles. I'm not saying this is the worst only a few years ago this is where we were. I am telling people I am going to wembley but I mean not sunk in that could mean we could be going to the premier league.

either way win or lose very proud of the whole city team(mangement team players etc...) To have lured in all of these glory hunters at this stage shows how far we have come we are team wanting to be watched.

glad I'm not the only one in fantasy land........another way of looking it.

this time next week, we could be TWO DIVISIONS above LEICESTER CITY and LEEDS UNITED! considering their past.........it's terrifying! but yet so so exciting

I'm one of the lucky ones to have been there the night we beat Pompey to get to the top flight back in the '70's. I still remember the euphoria after the game, and feeling on cloud 9 for weeks after, and remember it as though it were yesterday.

For all you fans who have only known the club during it's descent to the basement and the seemingly endless struggle to get back up again, I would love it if at 5 o'clock on Saturday afternoon, you are all feeling that same as we all felt those years ago.

Archived