IGNORED

It`s Too Close To Call

pdgifford64

Lets put all the talk about tickets behind us now and concentrate on what, i believe, is Citys` biggest game for decades, if not in our history.

The bookies have Hull as favourites. Probably on the basis that they finished above us and, on paper, were more convincing winners in their semi-final.

However, Watford were a shambles defensively in both legs. Couple that with an inspirational first leg from Hull keeper Myhill and that 6-1 agg score isn`t as daunting as it first looks. Granted Hull have a great mix of experience and talented youth (albeit on loan) up front but we have one of the best defensive records in the CCC this season and that includes a couple of thumpings.

It`s a massive match for both sides and who settles quicker will be vital. I think a lot of neutrals have overlooked Citys`return to form over the past few games and are still looking at our fall from the top slots over the last 1/4 of the season. But those of us who have seen these games will have seen City playing some of the best football of our season to date.

Extraordinary to think that if that pen had gone in we quite likely would not be doing anything this Sat, and yet, Basso hardly had a meaningful save to make throughout the match.

I have a feeling it`s going to be close, very close. I wouldn`t be surprised to see it go to penalties as much as i`d hate it. My heart says we can win by the odd goal in normal time.

One thing for sure though, whatever the outcome, it`s been a fantastic season and whichever league we are playing in next time around it promises to be just as good if not better.

PDG

Lets put all the talk about tickets behind us now and concentrate on what, i believe, is Citys` biggest game for decades, if not in our history.

The bookies have Hull as favourites. Probably on the basis that they finished above us and, on paper, were more convincing winners in their semi-final.

However, Watford were a shambles defensively in both legs. Couple that with an inspirational first leg from Hull keeper Myhill and that 6-1 agg score isn`t as daunting as it first looks. Granted Hull have a great mix of experience and talented youth (albeit on loan) up front but we have one of the best defensive records in the CCC this season and that includes a couple of thumpings.

It`s a massive match for both sides and who settles quicker will be vital. I think a lot of neutrals have overlooked Citys`return to form over the past few games and are still looking at our fall from the top slots over the last 1/4 of the season. But those of us who have seen these games will have seen City playing some of the best football of our season to date.

Extraordinary to think that if that pen had gone in we quite likely would not be doing anything this Sat, and yet, Basso hardly had a meaningful save to make throughout the match.

I have a feeling it`s going to be close, very close. I wouldn`t be surprised to see it go to penalties as much as i`d hate it. My heart says we can win by the odd goal in normal time.

One thing for sure though, whatever the outcome, it`s been a fantastic season and whichever league we are playing in next time around it promises to be just as good if not better.

PD

Agree there's nothing between the teams.

Can't stand the thought of penalties - can you imagine the tension? They will need to have cardiac arrest teams around the ground if we get to that stage.

PDG

I've got to think that if we can play the way we did in the first leg at CP, when the lads were also under an immense amount of pressure, we've got the beating of anyone in this division. It's fair to give Hull some respect for what they've done so far - but, as you say, we didnt spend so long near the top of the CCC this season for no reason, and we seem to have remembered how we got there just in the nick of time!!

I always felt we had a goal in us at AG in the second-leg, and with the EE believers getting behind the team, think we would have pulled in round even if the pen had gone in. Over the two legs it would have been a travesty if we hadnt gone through. It was an awesome performance away at CP - especially given the way the two league encounters with CP had gone.

We should be fearing no-one in the CCC now - and if we had found this sort of form a few weeks earlier it would be tiny penis brushing down the cheap suit for Sat whilst our boys were slapping on the factor 8!!

Come on U reds :englandsmile4wf::englandsmile4wf:

Archived