IGNORED

Chant For Roger Barton

swji

I've been alerted to this campaign by Roger Barton's son, who obviously loves his dad a lot to try and organise this :D

Basically, the campaign is to get all the Bristol City fans at Wembley to chant for City kitman Roger Barton. The Kitman's job is often overlooked and underestimated, but it it were not for Roger then the Robins would have been running out on to the pitch naked for the last 10 years ;)

Roger is not just a kitman though, as he has had a role in persuading young talent like Leroy Lita to join the club as a scout!

The campaign HQ is on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14390342978

Here is the whole story from Roger's son Chris:

"Straight after half time, I would love a chant to go out for Bristol City Kitman and my old man Roger Barton. If we could get 35,000 people all singing his name it would be amazing! ideas for chants are welcome!

The chant is - Super Super Rog, Super Super Rog, Super Super Rog, Super Roger Barton.

Why??

Roger has worked for the club for over 10 years - as a scout, instrumental in bringing Leroy Lita to the club amongst other great young talent. He then moved on to become first team kit manager over 4 years ago.

An ex Boxer, trainee Vicar, footballer, and head teacher, Rog is a total lege!"

The campaign has already been mentioned on GWR and BBC Radio Bristol and apparently Sky are running something on it during their coverage of the game on Saturday. Join the group, invite your mates!

Give your promise to chant here :laugh: - We could even come up with some more ideas for funny chants :D

Guest Garfunkle

i do think steve lansdown should get a song if we are winning. i can remember watching wolves v sheff utd at millennium a few years ago and wolves were 3 up and jack hayward appeared on the big screen. all the wolves fans stood up applauding and sang his name for a cpl minutes after

I've been alerted to this campaign by Roger Barton's son, who obviously loves his dad a lot to try and organise this :D

Well you could hardly miss it. He has added the same request to pretty much every thread on the Bristol board on the 606 site, even those that aren't related to wembley!

He was on GWR this morning as well.

There is a danger of overkill with these things and most of the time they only work when they come naturally. Look at Buster Footman and how he created his own little fan club purely by accident.

People will sing if they feel he deserves it, not because of his sons desperate appeals, and it's more likely to happen if we are winning.

I gave Roger a lift to catch the coach on the M4 this season after the silly bus driver decided to go to Southampton without him.

He was decent enough to put a word in to the club to sort my season ticket out for me and my brother after a total c**k up from the ticket office.

Ohh Roger, ohhhh Roger.

Just to let everyone know that I did know about this before all the GWR, Radio Bristol etc. becsue I joined the FB group well in advance of that... Just thought it would be a nice touch for a loyal member of staff... not because his son is making 'desperate' appeals.. some of you people are too serious, lighten up a bit

Archived