Michael Bridges

David Cotterill

Subs:

Cole Skuse

Grant Smith

Scott Murray

Marcus Stewart

Luke Wilkshire

Any you would like back? Any GJ would consider?

Would definatly have Phillips back to replace that clown Basso and Gillespie would fire in the goals. If we had these two players, we would had made the top two, no doubt.

Sarcasm is a wonderful tool.

Would definatly have Phillips back to replace that clown Basso and Gillespie would fire in the goals. If we had these two players, we would had made the top two, no doubt.

god i thought you'd lost it until my eyes focussed and i saw the bottom comment in whiteish!

I think Gillespie will end up in the championship (no whited out bits either)

Two left backs, two right backs and Clayton Fortune on the pitch, deserved the sack for that alone!

This was the last team that Tinman selected:

Steve Phillips - Billy big Bollox

Jamie Smith - Psycho - A typical rovers full back not ours

Louis Carey - Legend

Clayton Fortune - Should have joined Preston when he had the chance, wasted talent

Richard Keogh - Prat (agents don't always know best)

Bradley Orr - Has proved me wrong

Scott Golbourne - Still not sure if he'll make it into big-time football

Steven Gillespie - Top lad but he's found a good level for him

Scott Brown - Always gave 110% but never found a role for him

Michael Bridges - Big disapointment

David Cotterill - Would welcome back as I think he has a big future

Subs:

Cole Skuse - Mr reliable

Grant Smith - Scored against the gas :winner_third_h4h: , but he was never a left winger

Scott Murray - City thro n thro

Marcus Stewart - Piss 'ed attitude is a problem

Luke Wilkshire - Nick Carle in disguise?

Any you would like back? - Cotterill and maybe Wilkshire

Any GJ would consider? - If it was just on attitude then Brown and Gilly would have a shout but they're not prem quality :fingerscrossed: or championship. I think Cotterill would also be welcomed back.

Luke Wilkshire. Always thought he was here ahead of his time.

Can't believe how much the team has changed, and looking back with wonderful hindsight I can see how bad we were and the reasons why. Just couldn't see it at the time, or didn't want to more like.

I wonder what we will be thinking this time next year?

Steve Phillips

Jamie Smith

Louis Carey

Clayton Fortune

Richard Keogh

Bradley Orr

Scott Golbourne

Steven Gillespie

Scott Brown

Michael Bridges

David Cotterill

Subs:

Cole Skuse

Grant Smith

Scott Murray

Marcus Stewart

Luke Wilkshire

Other than Carey and Orr - where are those other players now?! They've all found their level...

Brilliant management.

Other than Carey and Orr - where are those other players now?! They've all found their level...

Brilliant management.

Luke Wilkshire - playing in the champions league next season !!! He scored to knock out Ajax in the Dutch play offs. Highly rated in Holland according to my friend who's an unhappy Ajax ST holder.

Steve Phillips - Billy big Bollox

Jamie Smith - Psycho - A typical rovers full back not ours

Louis Carey - Legend

Clayton Fortune - Should have joined Preston when he had the chance, wasted talent

Richard Keogh - Prat (agents don't always know best)

Bradley Orr - Has proved me wrong

Scott Golbourne - Still not sure if he'll make it into big-time football

Steven Gillespie - Top lad but he's found a good level for him

Scott Brown - Always gave 110% but never found a role for him

Michael Bridges - Big disapointment

David Cotterill - Would welcome back as I think he has a big future

Subs:

Cole Skuse - Mr reliable

Grant Smith - Scored against the gas :winner_third_h4h: , but he was never a left winger

Scott Murray - City thro n thro

Marcus Stewart - Piss 'ed attitude is a problem

Luke Wilkshire - Nick Carle in disguise?

Any you would like back? - Cotterill and maybe Wilkshire

Any GJ would consider? - If it was just on attitude then Brown and Gilly would have a shout but they're not prem quality :fingerscrossed: or championship. I think Cotterill would also be welcomed back.

Brown and Gilly just do not have championship class. they don't even have top of league one class - it's clear from their records since they left.

Brown did that old trick that has fooled Ashton Gate in the past of "running around a lot and jumping into tackles". nevermind his positional sense was crap and he couldnt hit a decent pass!

Think the team listed above deserved to get beat 7-1, as with the exception of an out of position Louis Carey and Bradley Orr, they don't have anywhere near the class and commitment of the school of 2007/08.

Luke Wilkshire - playing in the champions league next season !!! He scored to knock out Ajax in the Dutch play offs. Highly rated in Holland according to my friend who's an unhappy Ajax ST holder.

Wilkshires goal vs Ajax was very good - first time shot into the bottom corner from the edge of the box

He will be in the Champions League next season like you say...perhaps with McClaren as his manager too according to rumours!

Steve Phillips

Jamie Smith

Louis Carey

Clayton Fortune

Richard Keogh

Bradley Orr

Scott Golbourne

Steven Gillespie

Scott Brown

Michael Bridges

David Cotterill

Subs:

Cole Skuse

Grant Smith

Scott Murray

Marcus Stewart

Luke Wilkshire

Any you would like back? Any GJ would consider?

Agree with some of the others - Wilkshire was here when we had a bunch of muppets around him and they just couldn't play to his mentality. If anything the two seasons Tins & him played together really was a good time for our midfield in terms of creativity.

That aside, Gillespie has looked good this season in a poor team and I'll be surprised if he's not taken on by a better team in the summer but probably only like a Carlise (with the Ward link) or similar.

Surprised Golbourne hasn't moved on from Reading. He's unlikely to play unless Shorey leaves (possibility) and even then I dunno if he's their 2nd choice. Liam's been playing LB a bit this season.

I think Keogh will end up in a decent team if he can sort his head/agent out but otherwise they've all dropped accordingly.

It's similar with Coles (left for Championship; back in L1), Doherty (Championship; L2) and then Cotts/Golbourne/Brown/Fortune aren't doing what was maybe 'expected' of them after leaving.

A bloody hard worker.

the best footballer we had for a while imo, great technique and vision - just never had the players / manager around him to fully shine. under GJ, alongside Carle...neh then! Good luck to Luke playing CL, contray to what we may have heard LW had a lot of time for City and the fans, and was very complementary about us when Carle asked for his opinion before he moved here.

Well put it this was, if Carle scores the winner we all owe Luke a slab of VB :chant6ez:

Golbourne had promise when he was here, he did indeed play for England Under 19's I do believe but now he seems to have disappeared off the radar.

I liked the look of Scott Brown too, he went through a period in our promotion season when he scored goals relatively regularly and he did come from the same youth academy as Rooney as well as playing for England U19's.

Wilkshire, well he played well for Australia in 2006 and is one qualifying round away from the CL.

Cotterill seems to have disappeared off the radar but he had pace and delivery and trying to resign him if we stay in the Championship in particular wouldn't be the worst move I think

Guest DanC
the best footballer we had for a while imo, great technique and vision - just never had the players / manager around him to fully shine. under GJ, alongside Carle...neh then! Good luck to Luke playing CL, contray to what we may have heard LW had a lot of time for City and the fans, and was very complementary about us when Carle asked for his opinion before he moved here.

Well put it this was, if Carle scores the winner we all owe Luke a slab of VB :chant6ez:

Problem was LW was not a league one player and his style of play did not suit League One football. If we had him today he would shine in our side.

agreed, not sure if Wigan want rid though

I'm sure GJ made a comment pre Shef Utd that Cotterill was doing well at Shef Utd and a price had been mentioned to Shef Utd if they wanted him permanently. Why GJ would know this information or seek this information is for you to determine but interesting nether the less.

Steve who , god look where he is now and where we could end up , had the makings of a good keeper , until the toys came out of the pram , and there was only one winner there wasnt there sir gary :laugh:

I did hear an interesting rumour on the Cotterill front. That being that he was bought by the chairman, not Paul Jewell, who told him so at the first opportunity. Don't know how true that is but it would explain why Jewell paid £2m for him and never used him.

Archived