IGNORED

Ryan Harley

bornandbred

Ran Harley has handed in transfer request

My memory is not what it used to be ......would someone remind me if he plays left side

Could be a big day tomorrow

yes he is left sided, was very impressed with him the other day but saying that i thought noble was really good!

Nobes was brilliant. The passes he put about I dont think anyone in our current team can do naturally (apart from Hartley who's now obviously gone). A fit Noble is easily a Championship player for anyone.

yeah he played some very clever balls against us the other night, the kind of creative player we need now, shame to see him playing in league 1

Hmm interesting, im sure someone mentioned on here the other day that the club have had him watched in recent months.

That would be me then, but I was only quoting what the commentators on Exeter Player said during the match the other night

yeah he played some very clever balls against us the other night, the kind of creative player we need now, shame to see him playing in league 1

Nobes' passing and strength on the ball is very good, unfortunately other aspects of his play and lifestyle let him down. (I'd still have him back though!)

David Noble isn't good enough for us.....we want to push for Premier League....never rated him at Championship level.

Utter bulltoss. David Noble was the most creative and talented midfielder I have seen at AG in years. Perhaps a bit injury prone, but when fit was never given a chance due to a certain manager's son playing in his position.

(Disclaimer: I am not LJ bashing. I have always thought him to be a decent player, just not as good as Noble). :innocent06:

Left side? A right footed central midfielder I would say.

Not sure about that Tommy, wasn't Harley seen as a possible natural Tinman replacement as a youngster at the Gate?

Left footed, and left sided as I remember him.

Not sure about that Tommy, wasn't Harley seen as a possible natural Tinman replacement as a youngster at the Gate?

Left side of central midfield maybe Nog but definately not left footed although I believe most gifted players can use both feet.

Only watched him live once though. From that game, Colchester (h) last easter, my memory is that he is right footed. Took the winning penalty with his right foot for example.

He was one of those youngsters that I couldn't quite understand them letting go, (like Ashley Kington) I saw him play central, left side and leftback as a kid and he never looked out of place in any of them.

The main thing I remember was that he was reasonably two footed and balanced when running with ball.

Left side of central midfield maybe Nog but definately not left footed although I believe most gifted players can use both feet.

Only watched him live once though.

Fair enough Tommy, I thought he was but maybe I just assumed it because I remember him being likened to Tinman.

Anyway, Harley has forged a promising career since leaving AG and from what I've heard I wouldn't be sorry to see him return.

Fair enough Tommy, I thought he was but maybe I just assumed it because I remember him being likened to Tinman.

Anyway, Harley has forged a promising career since leaving AG and from what I've heard I wouldn't be sorry to see him return.

A truly gifted football player and only 25 so why not? I understand a lot of people believe he was never given the chance at AG.

A truly gifted football player and only 25 so why not? I understand a lot of people believe he was never given the chance at AG.

Agreed, he obviously wants an upward move so if he now moves to a Championship rival I'd be a bit disappointed.

Hopefully he and the club parted on good terms and he would grab the chance to return and really prove himself at a club you'd assume he must have a natural affection for.

I also like the general idea of signing hungry lower league improvers as opposed to already overpaid Championship journeymen like Stead, for instance.

Ironically it was Tinman who let him go and i remember talking to Harley in a club in town whist he was still with us and i think it's fair to say he was less than complimentary about his then manager!

He was one of those youngsters that I couldn't quite understand them letting go, (like Ashley Kington)

Completely agree.

Kington always sounded particularly promising - SC said all decisions on player departures were made prior to his arrival.

I can't help wondering if he might have made a few different decisions and possibly given him another year.

Same goes for Brian Wilson, in so far as SC stated his liking for players who could play in several different positions.

Anyone know if Kington has fixed himself up with a club?

Agreed, he obviously wants an upward move so if he now moves to a Championship rival I'd be a bit disappointed.

Hopefully he and the club parted on good terms and he would grab the chance to return and really prove himself at a club you'd assume he must have a natural affection for.

I also like the general idea of signing hungry lower league improvers as opposed to already overpaid Championship journeymen like Stead, for instance.

Before Harley left us he was in the media saying he could do a job on the left side of midfield. He was not given a chance at that time. Then again Wilson, Tinman and GJ kept some of our promising youngsters in the closet.

I ask you all to go back to our day after promotion on the Green , on the boat etc. After the previous nights celebrations some of our lads were still 3 sheets to the wind......... understandably !

Some words were said and GJ got his knickers in a knot. If you ever saw the morning after video, you will notice Keogh and Noble together, they were flatmates during that season.

Their careers faltered under GJ from that point on. Keogh I would sign tomorrow and Noble would be a great squad man in the Williams mould. some would say better. Like Tommy Doc, Nobes had issues, accept that and you had a game breaker available.

Back to Harley, its a matter of being up to Championship standard. Coppell's decision !

Before Harley left us he was in the media saying he could do a job on the left side of midfield. He was not given a chance at that time. Then again Wilson, Tinman and GJ kept some of our promising youngsters in the closet.

I ask you all to go back to our day after promotion on the Green , on the boat etc. After the previous nights celebrations some of our lads were still 3 sheets to the wind......... understandably !

Some words were said and GJ got his knickers in a knot. If you ever saw the morning after video, you will notice Keogh and Noble together, they were flatmates during that season.

Their careers faltered under GJ from that point on. Keogh I would sign tomorrow and Noble would be a great squad man in the Williams mould. some would say better. Like Tommy Doc, Nobes had issues, accept that and you had a game breaker available.

Back to Harley, its a matter of being up to Championship standard. Coppell's decision !

True, good reports at a lower level certainly don't automatically mean he's necessarily up to Championship standard.

But he certainly showed real promise as a youngster and appears to have realised it since. If you shine lower down there must be a good chance you can make the step up and improve further surrounded by better players.

All transfers are a gamble but considering the likely financial outlay, this would be less of a gamble than paying big money for, and to, established upper league squad players who often seem to be on unmerited fat contracts.

Lots of coincidences in football, but interesting Harley appears to have put in a transfer request so soon after facing City.

Archived