IGNORED

Leicester City

funky monkey

They must have a great shout next year they have just signed nugent already got danns, st ledger and Schmeichel thats some good players there.

Worth a tenner nope just checked the odds 13/8 no chance but saying that City 11-1 for promotion must be worth a gamble?

They must have a great shout next year they have just signed nugent already got danns, st ledger and Schmeichel thats some good players there.

Worth a tenner nope just checked the odds 13/8 no chance but saying that City 11-1 for promotion must be worth a gamble?

It's all going to go wrong for one of the favourites next year, we have Leicester, Forest, West Ham and Birmingham as auto favourites, they all cant go up. Someone is going to be facing a huge bill if they dont succeed.

To be honest, St ledger massively overrated as is danns,(rather have Killkenny, Nugents ok nothing better and Schmeichel iv'e not seen enough of. He's got to get a new squad to gel together. I would be surprised if they hit the ground running

To be honest, St ledger massively overrated as is danns,(rather have Killkenny, Nugents ok nothing better and Schmeichel iv'e not seen enough of. He's got to get a new squad to gel together. I would be surprised if they hit the ground running

If given the option probably would go for Danns over Killkenny

I'm glad i'm not the only one that thinks St Ledger is absolutely CACK.

I don't see the big hype over Leicester. They have hardly signed any class players have they?

Lee Peltier = Big wow hardly a good player, big test for him in the NPC

Neil Danns = An ok player but hardly consistent if they want promotion

Kasper Schmeichel = There best buy so far, good keeper

Sean St Ledger = Not a bad defender

David Nugent = Was always overrated and all in all a pretty crap striker

NudieRed's Prediction: Leicester will be overhyped, Sven will be gone by christmas due to a few poor results and for him leaving for 'private reasons' Leicester to full into chaos and end up finishing 12th. Sorry but they don't stand out and I fail to see how they are promotion favourites.

The signings they've brought in I would be quite happy had we bought them all decent Championship players. I think the payers who have turned them down says a lot more than those they have bought. They are also linked to any and every decent player in and around this league so if they carry on signing player they'll have a new starting 11, perhaps Sven should give Brian Tinnion a call, he could recount they season he signed his "Magnificent Seven". I'm sure Leicester will be top half and probably be in the play offs, but I don't think they challenge for Automatic promotion.

Cardiff are beginning to look stronger now. Mackay has already got Conway and Taylor and if rumours are to be believed he is close to bringing in Goodwillie, Gunnarson and Earnshaw.

Wouldn't surprise me to see them near tjhe top 10 at least. Here's the thing, for each of the last 2 years, maybe longer many on here have written Cardiff off as a spent force, a busted flush- I still recall the predictions that said they had to beat Blackpool or bad financial consequences- maybe admin. Yet here they are, still up in and around playoffs (though this season may be transitional for them but no worse than that IMO).

Wouldn't surprise me to see them near tjhe top 10 at least. Here's the thing, for each of the last 2 years, maybe longer many on here have written Cardiff off as a spent force, a busted flush- I still recall the predictions that said they had to beat Blackpool or bad financial consequences- maybe admin. Yet here they are, still up in and around playoffs (though this season may be transitional for them but no worse than that IMO).

Everyone has. Hopefully now Ridsdale is taking over at Plymouth and we've gone as far as to label our shirts with our owners' country of origin, people can begin to realise we've made changes in the boardroom.

As for Leicester, it's a weird one. Unless I'm mistaken, their financial backer is this guy and he's only worth $180m / £112m. That's bugger all these days even in this league; I suspect it'd take a tenth of his fortune just to maintain a year of a bog-standard Championship side. It certainly strikes me as being closer to gambling on going up than anything going on over here, were they to continue their spending and if there isn't any other moneymen somewhere or other.

It's all going to go wrong for one of the favourites next year, we have Leicester, Forest, West Ham and Birmingham as auto favourites, they all cant go up. Someone is going to be facing a huge bill if they dont succeed.

If one comes a cropper out of that grouping i'll plump for the Brummies... could be financial meltdown especially if HSBC pull the plug on a new financing round; they don't want to be associated with even an alleged tax dodger / money launderer. Tough season it may very well be for Hughton; wonder if he had an inkling of what he was getting himself into and wonder also if McCleish moving on was pure coincidence or he had a whiff of something.

While they are all good championship signings it'll be interesting to see how the team gels. As someone stated, Danns is best running from midfield, almost playing in the hole. Well they already have Andy King who does that so it will be interesting to see how they fit both players into the team.

I also think pressure may take its toll. We only have to look over the bridge at Wales 2nd team ( actually with Neath in Europe maybe that should be 3rd?) to see big names and high wages doesnt guarantee promotion and the foreign owners may not have much patience or the knowledge of the English game and could pull the trigger early

he did play well against us I agree, but, he let in 70 goals last season. Only a handful of clubs let more than that in.

None of there signings would fill me with any confidence!

Agreed.

Grayson got rid of him more or less calling him a liability. Great shot stopper not much else.

Danns imo is way over rated especially by people on here.

St Ledger is a gamble. No doubt on big wages IF he can find his form from 3 seasons ago they got a very good player. Big IF though.

Im not convinced on any of these signings esepcially if it was us.

Maybe they be top six. Think its 10 or 12 teams can be top six. Blackpool made it and then Norwich, Hull before them. Every season one team is a underdog to make promotion. This season I hope its City. Coyr.

Well if it is it's shared with Roger Johnson, Cardiff to Brum in 2009.

Yes, but were Brum in the Premsh*t then?

Between two CCC or NPC clubs, it must be a record. 4.5m to 5m with add-ons.

All of a sudden, as strikers go for more money than defenders, 6m+ for Nm doesn't seem quite so ridiculous.

Sven is signing some very useful Championship quality players and is building a strong looking squad. Leicester are predictably amongst the favourites for promotion.

But......having good quality players does not guarantee success and it remains to see how all the new signings blend together and gel on the pitch when it matters.

I have a feeling that they'll be there or there abouts but won't make automatic. West Ham and Brum are my prediction. Allardyce is a canny manager and Hughton knows the Championship having taken Newcastle straight back up. I can't see past either of them.

Yes, but were Brum in the Premsh*t then?

Between two CCC or NPC clubs, it must be a record. 4.5m to 5m with add-ons.

All of a sudden, as strikers go for more money than defenders, 6m+ for Nm doesn't seem quite so ridiculous.

Right, your post was a bit ambiguous - you mean paid by a Championship club for a defender, rather than just paid for a defender in the Championship.

Probably a record then, Brum had indeed just been promoted and signed Johnson for the forthcoming PL campaign.

Archived