IGNORED

How Do We Spot Leeds Fans

Tall King Blox

Don't be fooled by the northern accent thing, many so called Leeds fans have never been more north than Yate !

Glory hunters left over from the 80's and 90's as we see with Liverpool and Manchester utd !! Not true honest football fans that have conections with our local club!!

The easiest one to spot is the one on his own surrounded by an electric fence with the silly grey beard and smug grin looking down on everyone.

No, wait, he can't be a Leeds fan because no one likes him.

That makes him numero uno Leeds fan then

Last season as we were walking out of the EE we bumped into a neighbour of ours, I said I didn't realise he was a fan and we got chatting. When we got of the crowds he admitted he was a Leeds fan since a boy and had been unable to tickets for the Leeds end because of his Bristol address. Being Bristolian he would be very difficult to pick out by most of the criteria above.

Don't be fooled by the northern accent thing, many so called Leeds fans have never been more north than Yate !

Glory hunters left over from the 80's and 90's as we see with Liverpool and Manchester utd !! Not true honest football fans that have conections with our local club!!

Chap sitting behind me in the Dolman is from Leeds. He has lived and worked in Bristol for longer than some on here and has been a City supporter and Season ticket holder for many many years. :)

For those of us who are more interested in conversation than confrontation here are a few ideas to break the ice

The flat caps, the whippets, the brass bands playing. The smoking chimneys from real coal fires. The cobbled streets. The dry stone walls. The unspoilt beauty of The Dales. Chips wi’ bits and fizzy pop on t’way home. Beef dripping on bread and a pint of hand-pulled real ale. The curves of a Henry Moore, the colours of a David Hockney and the fast bowling of Fred Trueman. A proper cup o’tea with proper biccies. The neighbours that wave from across the street. The postman that knows your first name. The tastiest grub. The friendliest folk. And of course, Yorkshire’s proudest supermarket that saves you brass everyday.

Hope this helps

If you're sitting next to a balding, ginger man with a Somerset accent it's my former brother-in-law and he is just one such glory hunter who has "supported Leeds since the Revie era" but only been to Yorkshire about three times in his life.

Feel free to slap that c***.

Ha ha! Lovin' it.

I actually live in Yorkshire...I would add, you'll find 'em at the back of the queue for the drinks, moaning about the prices. Also look out for anyone saying "faaaahv" and "alaaaaahv" ("five" and "alive") - they'll be Hull-based Whites! Oh, and a lot of them drive around with a ruddy-great Leeds badge all over their back windscreen, to make it more obvious!

Do you actually know WHY that's chanted?

Yes. Leeds lost to Bayern Munich in the '75 European Cup Final and apparently had a good goal ruled out, so feel they deserved to win the game. Quite a long time ago to still be angry about it....

Leeds were then banned from Europe for throwing their seats (and other stuff I guess) at Franz Beckenbauer and his mates.

Yes. Leeds lost to Bayern Munich in the '75 European Cup Final and apparently had a good goal ruled out, so feel they deserved to win the game. Quite a long time ago to still be angry about it....

Leeds were then banned from Europe for throwing their seats (and other stuff I guess) at Franz Beckenbauer and his mates.

Erm no, the Referee was banned by Fifa after he admitted taking bribes and fixing the game in favour of Bayern, not that I'd expect you to watch it but it's amazing how bad it was.

Even though Fifa banned him, even though he admitted the bribes after many campaigns they won't change the history books and the result stands, not simply having a goal ruled out.

How do we spot Leeds fans ???

After the recent anti Leeds in the home end thread, i just wondered if there was of fool proof way of spotting a leeds fan other than just asking them the time ??? Any resonably abusive remarks accepted...Your Shout !!!

With a pot of paint and a paint brush,or failing that put them on a snookeer table :ill:

Erm no, the Referee was banned by Fifa after he admitted taking bribes and fixing the game in favour of Bayern, not that I'd expect you to watch it but it's amazing how bad it was.

Even though Fifa banned him, even though he admitted the bribes after many campaigns they won't change the history books and the result stands, not simply having a goal ruled out.

Where did you get this from?

This is a conspiracy theory perpetuated by Leeds fans as far as I was aware.

Archived