IGNORED

Clarets Eye Pitman Move

Always Believesham

Sky Sports News feed... http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8034088/Clarets-eye-Pitman-move

Quickly disappeared though... Now it has re-appeared

"

Sky Sports understands that Burnley are eyeing a move for Bristol City striker Brett Pitman from Bristol City.

Pitmanspacer.gif has spent the past couple of years at Ashton Gate but could be allowed to leave before Friday's transfer deadline as the Robins have strengthened their attacking options this summer."

" The Clarets have lost Danny Ings and Martin Patersonspacer.gif to injury and are thought to be keen on getting another forward in this week."

Hardley surprising

How much?

£500k at least, I'm a big Pitman fan but if our strikers can keep up their current form, it'll be difficult for him to get on the bench, let alone in the starting 11.

He is a great finisher and due to his lack of chances, I think coming to City was a bad move in hindsight. He should have gone to Blackpool where their style of play would have suited him much more. Eddie Howe will know how to get the best out of him and he'll score a decent amount for them.

Shame to see him go if it does happen.

£500k at least, I'm a big Pitman fan but if our strikers can keep up their current form, it'll be difficult for him to get on the bench, let alone in the starting 11.

He is a great finisher and due to his lack of chances, I think coming to City was a bad move in hindsight. He should have gone to Blackpool where their style of play would have suited him much more. Eddie Howe will know how to get the best out of him and he'll score a decent amount for them.

Shame to see him go if it does happen.

I guess pitman should of chased the money, god knows why you wouldnt go to a prem team, even if they are offering less.

Cash in now. He's worth more now than he will be in Jan or at the end of the season when he'll be out of contract. As 5th choice he wont sign a new deal and isn't going to gain any value by playing and scoring regularly. Sell him now, hit the season with 4 strikers in the squad and if we have an injury crisis just get someone in on loan to cover.

Hahaha!

Get real guys. There is no way we will get over 500k.

1. We bought him for 800k and he has been average

2. He is our 5th choice striker and Burnley know that

3. Most importantly, he is in the last year of his contract

The last point is becoming more and more important in football. If we sell for nothing then we save around £200k in wages so I would guess he will go for £200-300k or on loan.

Hahaha!

The last point is becoming more and more important in football. If we sell for nothing then we save around £200k in wages so I would guess he will go for £200-300k or on loan.

200k? Are you sucking me dry!??

Hahaha!

1. Average but has had limited chances and has proven he's at least a decent Championship footballer. Eddie Howe also knows this, having worked with Brett before.

2. We don't need to sell, Burnley badly need a striker after injures.

3. Maynard was in the last year of his and we rejected a £6.5M bid, this time last year.

He is clearly proven at this level, one of the best finishers in the league and still has years to improve his game. I am a big fan of Brett, it's just a same it hasn't worked out for him here.

Should be looking to sell around the 700k mark.

Hahaha!

They've banked £8m recently, they are very short on strikers and running out of time. Pitman's got an excellent strike rate at this level, is still young and known to their boss.

It'll come down to how much they need to sign him and if he wants the move much more so than contract length.

1. Average but has had limited chances and has proven he's at least a decent Championship footballer. Eddie Howe also knows this, having worked with Brett before.

2. We don't need to sell, Burnley badly need a striker after injures.

3. Maynard was in the last year of his and we rejected a £6.5M bid, this time last year.

Eddie Howe also knows Pitman's value to City given his little match action over the past 12 months. Using Leicester's profligate spending spree as justification is unbelievably stupid. £500k would be entirely reasonable.

Eddie Howe also knows Pitman's value to City given his little match action over the past 12 months. Using Leicester's profligate spending spree as justification is unbelievably stupid. £500k would be entirely reasonable.

That's what I'm saying? I believe 500k is a good price but I was responding to the person who said he was worth 200/300k.

That's what I'm saying? I believe 500k is a good price but I was responding to the person who said he was worth 200/300k.

I misread RedDave's response to your post, apologies. The chances of us getting back what we paid is small, Burnley won't be throwing money at the issue when Paterson will be fit after the international break an they've got two other perfectly good strikers.

No, we didn't. Do you really think the club would be that stupid? Come on.

I have to admit, looking back at it, we were a bit naive to think that City would turn down that much money for him knowing that what happened, could have happened.

£6.5M would have paid the entire wage bill for half the year, or, I would presume, bought most of our current squad of players for that amount of money combined.

Archived