IGNORED

Clarets Eye Pitman Move

Always Believesham

If I was Pittman I'd think twice about going to Burnley.

Once you pass through the mist on the. way there, there's no turning back.

Before he knows it he'll be wearing clogs with a very big cloth cap and living in a shoe box in the middle of the road

I bet Nogbad is gutted!

I doubt that he will be actually...

...I am every bit as much of a Pitman fan as Nogbad, but our strikeforce now looks fantastic...

...If you had told me a month ago that I would be OK with Pitman leaving, I would have laughed in your face...

...but I now am.

I bet Nogbad is gutted!

Not gutted at all Jordan, I was 'gutted' when Cheese got knackered against Stoke but as City fans we soon learn to accept that players we like/rate move on all the time.

We can make a case for them on here (and a very strong one can be made in favour of Pitman) but if a very impressive manager like Del can't find a place for him, for whatever reason, then we just have to accept it and move on.

My opinion of Pitman remains unchanged - he's an exceptionally impressive one touch goalscorer who could very well be amongst the top scorers in this division at a club where his face, and all round game, fits, and where his new manager plays him regularly. His natural goalscoring ability is not in question.

If Pitman goes - now looking very likely - then Del has of course cleverly assuaged those of us who rate Pitman, and would normally be upset at his departure, by signing Baldock and Davies, thereby making Pitman appear to be surplus.

It's best for al parties if Pitman leaves AG now but I only hope we get a fee which reflects the scoring ability he has shown in our colours at this level when given the chance, because I've little doubt he'll score heavily for his next club.

Good luck to Pitman if he goes. He won't now be City's next Bob Taylor as I firmly believed he could be, but after Sam Baldock's impressively exciting debut ( very early days, keep it up Sam :pray: ) the signs are good that we could have a genuine new contender for that position in our ranks.

My opinion of Pitman remains unchanged - he's an exceptionally impressive one touch goalscorer who could very well be amongst the top scorers in this division at a club where his face, and all round game, fits, and where his new manager plays him regularly. His natural goalscoring ability is not in question.

It's best for al parties if Pitman leaves AG now but I only hope we get a fee which reflects the scoring ability he has shown in our colours at this level when given the chance, because I've little doubt he'll score heavily for his next club.

Begs the questions why no-one other than League One Bournemouth seem to be interested...

You would have to have a very hard working midfield to cope with BPs lack of work rate (Blackpool ?) and it is no coincidence that 2 managers have not played BP regularly as they see him day in, day out and know the player FAR, FAR better than we do.

As for being the next Bob Taylor, BP isn't fit to clean his boots, Taylor had everything, long range goals, tap ins, headers, work rate, decent pace & strength.

BCAGFC

You would have to have a very hard working midfield to cope with BPs lack of work rate (Blackpool ?) and it is no coincidence that 2 managers have not played BP regularly as they see him day in, day out and know the player FAR, FAR better than we do.

As for being the next Bob Taylor, BP isn't fit to clean his boots, Taylor had everything, long range goals, tap ins, headers, work rate, decent pace & strength.

BCAGFC

never a truer word spoken

BCAGFC

I'm a big fan of SuperBob and I haven't compared Pitman and Taylor directly, simply suggested that Pitman could have been a similarly high goalscorer for City under different circumstances.

However your bolshie and argumentative tone makes it necessary for me to remind you that Taylor's golden 27 league goal season was at 3rd division level and, of course, he was never the same player for City after getting injured against Crewe.

The next season (Championship level) he scored 11 in 34 (+5 sub.) appearances - not a bad ratio but in fact less impressive than Pitman's 13 in 21 ( +18 sub.) apps. 2 years ago at the same level.

SuperBob never scored as many in a Championship season for City as Pitman has so if you insist on a direct comparison the stats clearly do not support your view about Pitman 'not being fit to clean Taylor's boots'.

If was I was Brett, I'd go back to Bournemouth, have a season in the first team which is not a certainty at Burnley, score a few goals, and see if he can make a move to another nPC Club with which he knows they will give him first team football.

As others have said, its hard to see where Pitman is going to get some game time. He's 5th in a list of 5 which means there will be games where he doesn't make the bench.

That said, should a drop in form, suspensions or injuries occur then McInnes could find himself with just 3 or even 2 available strikers. Its happened before and a 46+ games a season is a long haul.

Question is would Pitman be prepared to tolerate being 5th in the pecking order?

Another question is, who knows?

Yeah, and we all know just how effective Albert is as a out an out striker...............He's a winger and a pretty good one at that. Next you'll be claiming that Woolford is a striker as well because he scored 3 goals in 2 games.

Old Boboored I see is up to his old tricks once more. He does like to select a verbal fight with his fellow city fans by using the condescending vernacular; he adopts an angle in a topic so obscure, irrelevant or unworthy.

I think, in my totally humbling opinion of course, that this is utterly hilarious and warrants another swig on the rum bottle. arghahaaaa.

and another while I'm at it... argahhaaa

Yeah, and we all know just how effective Albert is as a out an out striker...............He's a winger and a pretty good one at that. Next you'll be claiming that Woolford is a striker as well because he scored 3 goals in 2 games.

I don't think the lad said he was a striker? He said he is used there ahead of Pitman.

Now you can't be confused.

Archived