IGNORED

Jordan Rhodes

BS3_RED

Just how good was that kid. The boy has got it all. He can score, run, head and his hold up play and link up play was different class. Outstanding player.

Not quite sure why he was only on the bench for Scotland?? Ten times the player Kenny Miller is.

Just how good was that kid. The boy has got it all. He can score, run, head and his hold up play and link up play was different class. Outstanding player.

Agree, many questioned the price tag but he looked more than the 8m they paid for him today IMO! his finish for they're 5th goal was quite simply outstanding! he will be a prem player next season without question, genius!

He looked alright - Off the ball I don't see anything special at all. He's a very good finisher, gets the ball and will put a shot at goal quickly and won't mess about. He doesn't MAKE anything though and wasn't as amazing as his price tag would suggest. Kept quiet most of the game for me, with a quicker centre back on him he wouldn't have got his first. Carey/Fontaine though? Anyone could outsprint them.

He looked alright - Off the ball I don't see anything special at all. He's a very good finisher, gets the ball and will put a shot at goal quickly and won't mess about. He doesn't MAKE anything though and wasn't as amazing as his price tag would suggest. Kept quiet most of the game for me, with a quicker centre back on him he wouldn't have got his first. Carey/Fontaine though? Anyone could outsprint them.

He set up Gomes and was heavily involved in Rochina's goal.

difference is premier league defenders don't make basic errors, still a top player though.. if he had that bit of pace he'd have everything

Not as catastrophic as the errors we saw from our defenders today, no, but with the hawk like reactions that Rhodes has he will be able to pounce on most mistakes. He is an exceptional finisher too.

Not worth £8m, but certainly one of the best strikers in this division.

A class player indeed.

And if his football career finishes early, a career partnering Tom Daley on the high board might open up, judging by some of the acrobatic tumbles he took yesterday.

Put it this way - when Fontaine miss controlled the ball and Rhodes went through on goal I was 100% sure he wasn't going to miss and don't think that about many strikers. His second goal was sublime as well and overall I though he was excellent. His link play and holding up the ball was top drawer and on yesterdays performance can see why he went for 8m.

Archived