IGNORED

A True Great City Fan, Mark Divvy Saunders (Merged)

Hartcliffe red

Divy was the general and I have never seen anyone who could put a firm together like him,he was the main man for me . Respected by the westers,Briz,Bedminster,hartcliffe and the Barton Hill billies. He loved it ...!!!! Always smiling and joking as he is now. All men are born,few truly live!!!!!!! Bobby Bxxx First in !

As a youngster Mark was our manager @ brislington and he was such a nice bloke. So hard to watch the video. absolute legend Mark. I wonder if theres a video clip of him in the dressing room doing the talk would love to see and bring back old memories how he was a gaffer with us back in the day.

Divy was the general and I have never seen anyone who could put a firm together like him,he was the main man for me . Respected by the westers,Briz,Bedminster,hartcliffe and the Barton Hill billies. He loved it ...!!!! Always smiling and joking as he is now. All men are born,few truly live!!!!!!! Bobby Bxxx First in !

In the eightys wasn't he the leader of City "young ones " ?

Not just the young ones,he could mobilise all the different mobs from south bristol,many of who we're not that keen on each other away from the gate...Divy has no hard man edge,no area bias and would welcome all to his fold ,they would soon be weeded out by some of the more robust members if they failed to come up to scratch.....all Divy cared about was city and getting the best out of the boys......when I was a young blood in the 80s Divy was the glue that bonded the csf,he was responsible for making ashton gate a no go area for most teams and all so led us away against millwall when our rivalry with them was its fiercest . We marched down old kent road and chased them back into the ground! !! I myself rose to the very top of the csf and was someone who thrived in the physical aspects of extreme football support,but it was Divy who I had first seen as a great leader of men and he showed us all how it's done..... Is football hooliganism wrong? ? Of course it is....I am a privately educated man from a middle class family,I run my own business and have settled into family life,have served in the parachute regiment,boxed and other various thrilling activities.....but nothing, Nothing could come close to the buzz of tearing into a rival firm at a football match so I make no apologies or excuses,I loved it and Divy was the best at his business,god bless mark x bobby b

Not just the young ones,he could mobilise all the different mobs from south bristol,many of who we're not that keen on each other away from the gate...Divy has no hard man edge,no area bias and would welcome all to his fold ,they would soon be weeded out by some of the more robust members if they failed to come up to scratch.....all Divy cared about was city and getting the best out of the boys......when I was a young blood in the 80s Divy was the glue that bonded the csf,he was responsible for making ashton gate a no go area for most teams and all so led us away against millwall when our rivalry with them was its fiercest . We marched down old kent road and chased them back into the ground! !! I myself rose to the very top of the csf and was someone who thrived in the physical aspects of extreme football support,but it was Divy who I had first seen as a great leader of men and he showed us all how it's done..... Is football hooliganism wrong? ? Of course it is....I am a privately educated man from a middle class family,I run my own business and have settled into family life,have served in the parachute regiment,boxed and other various thrilling activities.....but nothing, Nothing could come close to the buzz of tearing into a rival firm at a football match so I make no apologies or excuses,I loved it and Divy was the best at his business,god bless mark x bobby b

Yeah, first met him 82ish at a Donny night away match, thought at the time he was a nice kid (as he was ,then).

I never met Divvy personally, but I'll never forget Watford Gap station in 96 or 97, the train lot had just met up with coach/car lot and one of the most impressive city mobs i think ive seen set off into Watford. I was 17 I think and one bloke was walking on the other side of the road to us with a smile on his face and air of absolute confidence.

I'll never forget the image and that day from start to finish shaped me and how I view football.

Like others have posted, I'm not interested in a debate about right and wrong, its just funny people and images can have a lasting effect in ways they never know.

Divvy and that day in Watford is one for me.

Hi everyone,

I'm Liam, Bills son (Marks nephew).

Just wanted to say thanks for all the lovely comments, reading them and those from people all over the country, his brilliant day Saturday and the 3 points dedicated to him have been a great part of a bad situation.

He's loved by all that know him and will be sorely missed, the word legend gets thrown around quite often these days but I'm sure all will agree he fits the bill. Proud to call him my Uncle.

Thanks again, Liam.

Hi everyone,

I'm Liam, Bills son (Marks nephew).

Just wanted to say thanks for all the lovely comments, reading them and those from people all over the country, his brilliant day Saturday and the 3 points dedicated to him have been a great part of a bad situation.

He's loved by all that know him and will be sorely missed, the word legend gets thrown around quite often these days but I'm sure all will agree he fits the bill. Proud to call him my Uncle.

Thanks again, Liam.

Your very welcome Liam, thoughts to you and all the family.

Hi All, I knew Divvy well back in the 80s and 90s. Unfortunately, I did not know about his illness otherwise I would have been at AG last Saturday. My apologies. I am now a family man! But Divvy was a guy I remember today like I had met him yesterday. There was just something about the guy that stuck in my mind.

That video really shook/upset me. I am so sorry for his family and close friends. Having lost my mother recently to cancer, I know what they are going through. I just want to pass on my condolences to his family. You are in my thoughts.

Divvy was an absolute leader for City lads, he had an aura about him back in the 80s/90s. He was not a hard man, quite the opposite, but if you wanted to spend a day at the football, with laughs, excitement, adrenalin rushes, you would always have Divvy there.

He also had the ability to bring the whole of the BCFC support together as one big mob. Remember pulling in at the M5 services in a van at 9am to go to Bolton in the 90s in the promo year, to see 20 other vans/buses, etc, that Divvy had put the call out around Bristol, for all to meet there. Walsall away in the 80s and seeing Divvy in the Walsall end/ his face on the news if I remember correctly!!! That year, Millwall away in the 80s was unforgettable-craziest day at football I think!

Many memories. Proud to have known you Mark.

My fondest memories as a Bristol City fan are 88-92 a time when Divvy pulled all the strings and was responsible for arranging many a memorable away day. A man with an amazing sense of humour and a kind nature whos confidence rubbed of on those around him. If you were lucky enough to have met him I'm sure you'll agree. If you haven't met him I doubt you will ever come across a character quite like him! Mark I thank you for some great memories. God bless you mate. Matty H

Archived