IGNORED

A True Great City Fan, Mark Divvy Saunders (Merged)

Hartcliffe red

Just wondered if there was any more news on this as it went very quiet.  Is he still hanging in there?

Mark's still hanging in there but by all accounts, the cancer has spread to another part of his body now. :(

He'll fight it all the way though, it's in his nature.

I thought of Divvy last night and how the team has turned things around since his motivational talk. He should be awarded manager of the month.

We really need a nice loud chorus of "There's only one Divvy Saunders" from the whole ground before the season is out.

Inspirational stuff.

I thought of Divvy last night and how the team has turned things around since his motivational talk. He should be awarded manager of the month.

We really need a nice loud chorus of "There's only one Divvy Saunders" from the whole ground before the season is out.

Inspirational stuff.

I was thinking the same yesterday

Since his team talk vs Gillingham          Before his team talk vs Gillingham    

We've won 7 (63.6%)                                     Won 6 (18.9%)

We've drawn 3 (27.3%)                                 Drawn 14 (42.6%)

We've lost 1 (9.1%)                                         Lost 13 (39.5%)

We've scored 22 (2 per game)                        Scored 47 (1.4 per game)

We've conceded 11 (1 per game)                   Conceded 55 (1.7 per game)

We've kept 3 clean sheets (27.3%)                  2 Clean sheets (6.1%)

We've climbed 9 places to 12th                              Were in 21st 

Average points (2.2 per game)                        Average Points (0.97 per game)

What a talk that must have been. 

God bless 

Since his team talk vs Gillingham Before his team talk vs Gillingham

We've won 7 (63.6%) Won 6 (18.9%)

We've drawn 3 (27.3%) Drawn 14 (42.6%)

We've lost 1 (9.1%) Lost 13 (39.5%)

We've scored 22 (2 per game) Scored 47 (1.4 per game)

We've conceded 11 (1 per game) Conceded 55 (1.7 per game)

We've kept 3 clean sheets (27.3%) 2 Clean sheets (6.1%)

We've climbed 9 places to 12th Were in 21st

Average points (2.2 per game) Average Points (0.97 per game)

What a talk that must have been.

God bless

That is truly amazing facts WTTJ

That type of early season form would have seen us piss this league

Really hope the guy wins it.

The players and staff would want that as well

Seriously, can there be other contenders for this? Who would want to accept the award and take it away from him.

Spot on. I'm utterly convinced his words to the players went a long way to saving us from an awful relegation.

Give Mark the number 12 shirt and retire the number I say.

Spot on. I'm utterly convinced his words to the players went a long way to saving us from an awful relegation.

Give Mark the number 12 shirt and retire the number I say.

Me too... really hope he can make it to pick up his award... even if JL has to helicopter him in!!!

Would be a nice touch with the shirt & the picture of him giving his talk should be on the wall of the changing room.

How about naming the new east end the 'Mark Saunders Stand', or have 'd 1 v v y' spelled out in the seating blocks?

Hang in there dude.

Or maybe the next 'friendly' with The Gas could be called "The Divvy"? It sort of recognises Mark's story and rivalry with Rovers and how it changed over the years

• Admin

How about naming the new east end the 'Mark Saunders Stand', or have 'd 1 v v y' spelled out in the seating blocks?

Hang in there dude.

Bit extreme.

I get what Manon means, but agree with Dez.

There are more fitting and meaningful ways to honour such a person

Or maybe the next 'friendly' with The Gas could be called "The Divvy"? It sort of recognises Mark's story and rivalry with Rovers and how it changed over the years

At worst the fans derby could recognise this - doubt there is any chance of us being allowed by the OB to play Rovers anytime soon in a 'friendly'

But 100% agree about something - but it would be nice for him and his family to decide what the long term recognition involves.

Will certainly be emotional to many when (if) he gets the award Saturday - just hope Mark and his family are able to enjoy their day

At worst the fans derby could recognise this - doubt there is any chance of us being allowed by the OB to play Rovers anytime soon in a 'friendly'

But 100% agree about something - but it would be nice for him and his family to decide what the long term recognition involves.

Will certainly be emotional to many when (if) he gets the award Saturday - just hope Mark and his family are able to enjoy their day

I'd be open to calling the fan Derby "The Divvy Cup", for sure. 

Perhaps it might make people think instead of beating seven bells out of each other. I doubt it but you never know!

Archived