IGNORED

A True Great City Fan, Mark Divvy Saunders (Merged)

Hartcliffe red

A national football forum I post on has posted a link about this and supporters of various clubs around the country have asked if we can pass their regards and best wishes to Mark and his family.

It's also nice to see the club get some positive comments for their handling of this delicate situation, well done City.

A national football forum I post on has posted a link about this and supporters of various clubs around the country have asked if we can pass their regards and best wishes to Mark and his family.

It's also nice to see the club get some positive comments for their handling of this delicate situation, well done City.

People will see it as a PR stunt but nothing will take away the memory that mark will have. Seems like it moved the players his story and hopefully they will keep his team talk in mind when he sadly passes

As I and many have said Mark is a true city fan and a legend city supporter.

The same 11,000 or so of us turn up to every home game and whilst we recognise the faces of some that we see in the pub before the game or who sit near to us in the ground, we get to know very few of the Bristol City family of which we are all part. I guess that Mark and I have been to hundreds of games together, without ever knowing it and shared the same elation and frustration, yet it's only since his video was posted on here that I've got to know him. Shame really because so many of his friends have spoken so warmly of him that he's obviously a special guy and I'm all the poorer for never having got to know him.

Good luck in your battle and onward travel Mark. Whatever happens next, you've certainly made your mark (sorry, no pun was intended) in the history of Bristol City and few of us can claim that. May your family and friends take comfort from knowing that your unknown, unseen, anonymous family members here on OTIB are thinking of them.

People will see it as a PR stunt but nothing will take away the memory that mark will have. Seems like it moved the players his story and hopefully they will keep his team talk in mind when he sadly passes

As I and many have said Mark is a true city fan and a legend city supporter.

You'd have to be hard-hearted to see it as a stunt.

Well done the club.

The Club deserve nothing but praise for how they've responded. Would have been easy for a variety of reasons just to say 'no'. So enormous credit to those involved. Been quite critical of a number of off the field matters but on this occasion they got it just right. Well done all.

Exactly.

Well done everyone concerned, and well done SC - credit where it's due. Team talks are not usually something to be messed around with, particularly when you're in our predicament.

He wouldn't know exactly what Mark was going to say, and therefore there was the possibility he might have a negative impact or undermine his own talk or ideas. Obviously we now all know different, and that Mark is clearly a special individual fill of positivity and confidence.

Really happy for the guy that he got his day.

Just to say there is a thread on the rovers forum with very nice comments, fair play to them.

Yep, credit where it's due, that's a really nice thread. Fair play to them.

Best wishes to Mark and his family. The video at the top of this thread is very difficult to watch, can't imagine what Mark is going through...don't think I'd be so brave.

Respect to you Mark.

just Saw it in the daily mail where some comments are picking up on his t-shirt.

In the main picture of the Suns article, his tee shirt had the CSF blanked out, but in the smaller picture it was visible. 

I've just plucked up courage to watch the video, and have to admit that I shed a few tears.  Obviously I've never met Mark, but it is plain to see that he is a really genuine guy, who speaks straight from the heart.  Regardless of any beliefs, the video is inspirational and it's something I will refer back to when things are bad - thank you Mark, your character and courage transcends any rivalry between our teams. x

Anyone know how he is ? I know very ill,but will he see our next game or even the end of the season,anyway our thoughts are with him  :pray:

Due to be on radio Bristol at 8 this morning.

11h

.@steve_lefevre is joined by Mark Saunders at 8am tomorrow. He's the terminally ill @bcfctweets fan whose inspiring talk made national news.

Amazing story on Breakfast. #MarkSaunders @bcfctweets ... the teamtalk that made national news. Mark joins me in studio.

You don't need to know the name of someone to get a smile, I have been going to City matches for as many years and have seen Mark at away games and home.

and just raised a hand to say hi.  I have recognized and knew his mates, some by name. But at the end we are one big family, and Mark, you will be in our thoughts! 

Woke up this morning thinking about all the coverage this got this week and how proud i am to be a City fan.... this could actually save our season...

Mark spoke for all of us last weekend, said what we'd all have said... if this has affected the players like it has us, then they will have enough fight to go out there for the reamining games and do more than enough to keep us in this league.

Mark's legacy will be more than a link to the CSF....

Really hope he makes it tomorrow... will be great to see him.

The video is hard enough to watch, I don't know the bloke, but reading the comments on here is even tougher!

Travel safely Divvy, looks like you're leaving a massive hole at the club, let alone your family

Not read the thread on the G*s forum, but fair shout to them all

Archived