IGNORED

Can We Appeal To Get All Bad's 3 Game Ban Increased?

where's the joy

I understand there was a certain amount of tongue in cheek with the OP. I also agree that Cunningham, Osbourne, Williams and Maloney should be our starting back four but, angry as we are, no good will come of turning El Abd into some pantomime villain. Brighton fans ( in a league higher) adored the guy and the slagging strategy lost us Fontaine who, before his confidence disappeared and before he became crippled with fear and uncertainty, had been a good footballer.

El Abd hasn't been fab here and may (or may not, only the linesman actually knows) have put the team in jeopardy last night, BUT...

a). We won anyway

b). The defence is now being talked about for the right reasons

c). This MUST bring some confidence back, and finally,

We do not have so much depth or money that we can afford to destroy another centre back with was good enough for the Championship just months ago.

I'm angry with him too, but the character assignations need to stop before it gets damaging, we won, so ultimately, no harm was done.

It's an ill wind though, like others, I like Williams and Osbourne as the CB pairing

I don't think any of us saw it.

The ball was up by the centre circle.

The ref definitely didn't see it.

He's a **** though. Whether he did it or not, how come Osbourne or Williams never had this issue??

It's because he is this kind of player.

How many needless freekicks does he give away????

Idiot thread. You want a City players ban increased? Has to be one of the most stupid threads I've ever seen.

come on dude, I think we all know what he's getting at. If he was stupid enough to lash out and get sent off for being brain dead ( haven't seen the incident so can't comment) then I hope hes not back in the team till he gets a grip!

If it was a mistake by the lino , then I apologise to mr El Abd :)

".... the reaction of the other players last night initially led me to suspect Assombalonga had made the most of whatever contact there was.."

As soon as the Lino raised his flag it was obvious to all El Bad was off. Our player's half hearted mitigations :"it's only worth a yellow...et al" was never going to keep him on the park and to be fair they didn't make as much of it as some would, probably as they knew it was a straight red anyway. It also wasn't an isolated incident (apparently started off with his inane winding up of opponents pre match,) and one or two other niggly and needless contacts with Big Boy, ( it doesn't take a genius to work out the type of guff he was chuntering into the League's top goal score e's ear.) I'm amazed he hasn't conceded more pens this season given his non stop shirt holding, 'clumsy yet innocuous' challenges and his cheap shot lip talk to anyone within 20 yards (refs included.) Last night was another 'late' and needless 'dig'. If you're good, with height, talent and pace you're entitled to lord it over the bloke you're marking - in El Bad's case none of which apply - he's a cheap shot liability who got caught out big time and very nearly cost us save for a whole bunch of top end performances from his teammates.

come on dude, I think we all know what he's getting at. If he was stupid enough to lash out and get sent off for being brain dead ( haven't seen the incident so can't comment) then I hope hes not back in the team till he gets a grip!

If it was a mistake by the lino , then I apologise to mr El Abd :)

Come on dude, have you actually seen him lash out at anybody? or are going along with the sheep? who on last nights match thread judged what happened from 200 miles away or even more, yet nobody at the game appeared to see what happened and the commentators never saw what happened and the sky TV angle has so far proved inconclusive.

Asombolonga was roundly condemned on this forum after the home game against Peterborough as a cheat who hit the deck in a theatrical fashion on the merest of contact and sometimes with no contact at all, so he has form and we know El Abd is a wind up merchant, I suspect the truth is somewhere in between, a slight shove and a shameless dive with a lot of rolling around, the odd convulsion, holding his head (because that enhances the performance), why would I believe that?, simply because modern footballers have no moral fibre and 9 times out of 10 that is how it happens and trying to get a fellow pro sent off has sadly become a shameless part of the game and the Peterborough guy and team have form.

I am in no way defending what El-Abd did or didnt do but the fact that Ferguson in his post match interview states:

"We showed clips of El-Abd before the game in terms of that he is quite aggressive and dont get involved and it proved that way, I think he just threw an arm at Britt"

Done his homework, we know from the home game that Assombalonga likes to hit the deck with the slightest touch, so Ferguson obviously told him to react if he feels anything or a slight arm on his chest/face etc.

Anyway it didnt work out as they planned in the end!

Have watched the clip of the incident a few times ,looked like their player made a meal of a push ,just really doesnt look at all like an elbow . Seems to me sometimes the assistants cant wait to up their part in procceedings .and what better way than to get an away opponent sent off . Well done lino we are all talking about you ,you acheived your goal .Bet he couldnt wait to get home and tell his Mrs about it .

Have watched the clip of the incident a few times ,looked like their player made a meal of a push ,just really doesnt look at all like an elbow . Seems to me sometimes the assistants cant wait to up their part in procceedings .and what better way than to get an away opponent sent off . Well done lino we are all talking about you ,you acheived your goal .Bet he couldnt wait to get home and tell his Mrs about it .

Haven't seen it but your description makes it sound like a red under the letter of the law.

Haven't seen it but your description makes it sound like a red under the letter of the law.

If that was the case most games would end up with about seven men left on each side ,it was an elbow and it wasnt a fist from what I could see ,is a push deemed to be violent conduct ?  Enough to get a player sent off ,surely not

I've just watched the original video frame by frame, and it's a put-up job. It's lucky it was recorded as another meter nearer the goal-line and it would have been out of frame.

As they come into shot, El-Abd has his arm out, as he's entitled to. Assombalonga is moving behind Adam so that there is contact with Adam's hand and his chest.

Assombalonga immediately drops to the floor and rolls over onto his front to try and fool the officials.

The Ref starts looking at the pair of them about half a second before Assombalonga dives to the floor.

The question is whether anything happened before they came into shot because I can't see why the Ref started to look at them, rather than the ball.

If that was the case most games would end up with about seven men left on each side ,it was an elbow and it wasnt a fist from what I could see ,is a push deemed to be violent conduct ? Enough to get a player sent off ,surely not

Would it not come under "raising your hands" to another player? Don't have me rule book.

Archived