IGNORED

Can We Appeal To Get All Bad's 3 Game Ban Increased?

where's the joy

in his post match interview Ferguson talked about the fact they looked at videos of El Abd prior to the game and noted his aggresive behaviour - he suggested he told his players to stay clear of any trouble with him, but the fact they had this down as a pre match tactic/info point suggests Assombalonga was primed and ready to react

Didn't SC say he El Abd told him the guy ran into him? 

In light of the above (fixit's viewing), and Fergie Jr's comments, I suspect El Abd may very well be on the end of a bit of a put up job.

BUT... doesn't mean El Abd is suddenly a much better player, just that he shouldn't be banned.

Suspended or no, I'd prefer the back four from 70 minutes yesterday plays Saturday.

".... the reaction of the other players last night initially led me to suspect Assombalonga had made the most of whatever contact there was.."

As soon as the Lino raised his flag it was obvious to all El Bad was off. Our player's half hearted mitigations :"it's only worth a yellow...et al" was never going to keep him on the park and to be fair they didn't make as much of it as some would, probably as they knew it was a straight red anyway. It also wasn't an isolated incident (apparently started off with his inane winding up of opponents pre match,) and one or two other niggly and needless contacts with Big Boy, ( it doesn't take a genius to work out the type of guff he was chuntering into the League's top goal score e's ear.) I'm amazed he hasn't conceded more pens this season given his non stop shirt holding, 'clumsy yet innocuous' challenges and his cheap shot lip talk to anyone within 20 yards (refs included.) Last night was another 'late' and needless 'dig'. If you're good, with height, talent and pace you're entitled to lord it over the bloke you're marking - in El Bad's case none of which apply - he's a cheap shot liability who got caught out big time and very nearly cost us save for a whole bunch of top end performances from his teammates.

Ex-League top goal scorer :)

As I said in another thread - it is meant to be.

Our best pairing of Osbourne and Williams, with Flint and El Abd out, will finally balance the defence.

Looking forward to seeing a defence which has round pegs in round fking holes at last - a right sided CB, a left sided CB, a right fullback (Moloney) and a left fullback (Cunningham). Perfectly balanced and quality defenders at this level.

Yes many of us have sympathy with this, however both Flint and El Abt have played well enough recently!....Does go to show that we are building a squad with some depth....Long may that continue!

Hopefully SC sees it the way we do as I can see Williams and/or Osborne at full back as the manager fills those square holes with the round pegs...Fingers crossed!! 

Nevertheless well done to our manager and team three great displays and a backs to the wall full of guts performance!! Hope Divvy is enloying it, I think we all owe him a pat on the back!! 

Whether he deserved the red or not the facts are he has been awful since arriving and we defended better without him with ten men last night. Says it all really.

with him on the field we were keeping a clean sheet with out him we conceded.......just saying :)

with him on the field we were keeping a clean sheet with out him we conceded.......just saying :)

Yeah, but him being sent off gave the opposition a man advantage.

Plus, we conceded 23 in 11 games prior with him on the pitch.

That works out as conceding a goal every 43 minutes, and we actually went 45 minutes without shipping a goal yesterday without him AND with ten men.

Regardless of the legitimacy of his red card yesterday, I'm not impressed with him.

EDIT - 

And for the context/the record; we'd conceded 11 in 11 league games prior to El Abd's arrival.

Not saying it is all his fault or whatever, but he's certainly not made us concede less goals.

We had 10 men.

Whether he deserved to be sent off I don't know. I couldn't tell you because all I saw was a bloke lying on the floor and a linesman waving his flag.

However we were cruising until then and by far the better side.

The sending off had an impact of the home crowd starting to get behind the side, we gave up any hope of attacking play and had to spend the next 70 mins defending camped in our own half.

Now we did that - and it was thanks to the 10 men out on the pitch - nothing to do with the man who had walked off.

no flint or all bad leaves us with 2 good centre backs osborne and williams, so please appeal to get all bad's ban increased

Yes El Abd has taken a while to settle, but he has been an integral part of our improvement over the last three games (Well two and a bit!!)

Coinciding with his move into a Central position in a flat back 4 ?

As for Flint. Trying to play on with a Dislocated knee? Bloke deserves credit. 

come on dude, I think we all know what he's getting at. If he was stupid enough to lash out and get sent off for being brain dead

haven't seen the incident so can't comment) then I hope hes not back in the team till he gets a grip!

If it was a mistake by the lino , then I apologise to mr El Abd :)

I'm afraid you have commented!!

Come on dude, have you actually seen him lash out at anybody? or are going along with the sheep? who on last nights match thread judged what happened from 200 miles away or even more, yet nobody at the game appeared to see what happened and the commentators never saw what happened and the sky TV angle has so far proved inconclusive.

Asombolonga was roundly condemned on this forum after the home game against Peterborough as a cheat who hit the deck in a theatrical fashion on the merest of contact and sometimes with no contact at all, so he has form and we know El Abd is a wind up merchant, I suspect the truth is somewhere in between, a slight shove and a shameless dive with a lot of rolling around, the odd convulsion, holding his head (because that enhances the performance), why would I believe that?, simply because modern footballers have no moral fibre and 9 times out of 10 that is how it happens and trying to get a fellow pro sent off has sadly become a shameless part of the game and the Peterborough guy and team have form.

Did you actually read my post? No though not, just skipped through it obviously.

I didn't say either way if you actually READ my post. Just said IF he did, he deserves what he gets. BUT if he didn't then I apologise for the incinuation.

As I said in another thread - it is meant to be.

Our best pairing of Osbourne and Williams, with Flint and El Abd out, will finally balance the defence.

Looking forward to seeing a defence which has round pegs in round fking holes at last - a right sided CB, a left sided CB, a right fullback (Moloney) and a left fullback (Cunningham). Perfectly balanced and quality defenders at this level.

As much as I agree. I am worried that without el abd and flint there will be no scapegoat for if we fail to get anything from the game. This forum would be chaos..

As much as I agree. I am worried that without el abd and flint there will be no scapegoat for if we fail to get anything from the game. This forum would be chaos..

So true, can we all get our thinking caps on to find a replacement? My god I hope JET is playing. Love his silky footie skills but he sure makes a great scapegoat. :P

Sadly now we know that Carey WAS only given another contract to beat John Atyeo's appearance record and not for footballing reasons, if Osbourne or Williams get injured on saturday, we will be in the shit.

No we wont. Apparently Ryan Taylor would make a great CB...................

Archived