IGNORED

Blades Game On Tv In Holiday Resorts

Whooooossshhhh

OK, so some of you who couldn't plan a wall wetting session in a beer production facility are going to be abroad on 9th August.  I thought I'd now start a thread for those poor unfortunates to swap notes if they know where the match will be shown.

I'll start........ In Salou, my local Cider'ead contact out there (my lad) assures me that the match is definitely being screened at Shankly's Bar, which is situated just off the romantically named "Burger King Roundabout"!

If anyone else has similar info for other resorts, it might be an idea to name it on here (assuming the Mods are ok with that, by the way.... its not an advert!) so the City supporters with no forward planning skills can find the game without hunting high and low.

YES I KNOW that there's probably only one other televised UK match on at lunchtime on the 9th, and that it's only a carpy non league game, but there's a good chance that the uninformed Cider'ead might get settled into a bar, expecting a 12.15 ko and end up sitting through the 4th Test Match v India!

Better safe than sorry, get planning now (although you should have planned your hols outside footy season.)

Best wishes,

JackofromRugbywhoisgoingtobeupatBramhallLaneandnotintheCostaDorada.

I'll be in Cyprus.

Will find a venue so long as there ain't a prem match on.

Prem doesn't start for another week, Scottish championship games are all 1500hrs ko, so the only UK sport rivals for screen time are the 4th Test and NLBR v some other random part timers

OK, so some of you who couldn't plan a wall wetting session in a beer production facility are going to be abroad on 9th August. I thought I'd now start a thread for those poor unfortunates to swap notes if they know where the match will be shown.

I'll start........ In Salou, my local Cider'ead contact out there (my lad) assures me that the match is definitely being screened at Shankly's Bar, which is situated just off the romantically named "Burger King Roundabout"!

If anyone else has similar info for other resorts, it might be an idea to name it on here (assuming the Mods are ok with that, by the way.... its not an advert!) so the City supporters with no forward planning skills can find the game without hunting high and low.

YES I KNOW that there's probably only one other televised UK match on at lunchtime on the 9th, and that it's only a carpy non league game, but there's a good chance that the uninformed Cider'ead might get settled into a bar, expecting a 12.15 ko and end up sitting through the 4th Test Match v India!

Better safe than sorry, get planning now (although you should have planned your hols outside footy season.)

Best wishes,

JackofromRugbywhoisgoingtobeupatBramhallLaneandnotintheCostaDorada.

We are in Cap Salou from 2nd -17th so If it's definitely on in Shankly's I'll be going in there with my 2 sons to watch it, I think that's the bar opposite Uncle SAMs & Olivers ?

So I take the phone call - 'Ey oop, mate. It's Dave from Sheffield here. I've got my box at United again this year. You coming up to watch your team get hammered by the mighty Blades? Full VIP, then we'll go 'proper out' in Sheffield'. All on me, kid,'

'Love to, Dave' I said. 'I'll just check with the missus when we're taking the kids away....'

Anyone know a bar in Xante I can watch the match and drown my sorrows in......

Always remember being in Portugal for te Wednesday game in 2008. My dad in law and i found a bar nice and early and the landlady kindly put our channel on. 5 minutes later about 20 scots piled in ready for the Glasgow derby and spend a small fortune, only to be told sorry, these two gentlemen from Bristol were here first.

The look on thier faces was priceless.

Always remember being in Portugal for te Wednesday game in 2008. My dad in law and i found a bar nice and early and the landlady kindly put our channel on. 5 minutes later about 20 scots piled in ready for the Glasgow derby and spend a small fortune, only to be told sorry, these two gentlemen from Bristol were here first.

The look on thier faces was priceless.

I watched that game against Northampton through a fog of Kingfisher in my room in a hotel in Chennai. Had to check the website next day to find out if it had really happened. Went to Bangkok that day and had to check again.

Ho hum.

We are in Cap Salou from 2nd -17th so If it's definitely on in Shankly's I'll be going in there with my 2 sons to watch it, I think that's the bar opposite Uncle SAMs & Olivers ?

Yeah that's the one.  Loz will be there for second half (swapped to an early shift for this one!).

I'm going to be on the French Coast in a little place called Jard Sur Mer, I can't imagine I'm going to find a 'Shankly's' anywhere local!!! Unless someone is able to correct me?!

La Rochelle - An hour or so down the cost has a few Irish bars ..... 

Archived