IGNORED

Marv

westonred

As Marvin Elliott has yet to find a club would anyone like to see him back on a short term deal on greatly reduced wages of course as i think he could still act as useful cover in midfield.

If anything was to happen to Wade Elliott and Korey Smith (or god help us both!!) it would leave us struggling with only Pack and Reid to cover and as they showed against Oxford both have their own qualities but alongside each other make us very lightweight.

Afraid not. Marv had some really good games for us last year at a critical time and helped to pull us out of a downward spiral. I can't remember who we played but the two goals either side of half time after going 1 down at home stand out.

Not entirely surprised he hasn't found a club given his injury record but I hope he has a few years in him yet. The guy owes us nothing.

No need. Whilst he's unattached we could always offer him a short term deal later on if the need for cover arose. If not, no need to give him a salary. If someone comes sniffing then we might consider it but I would hope we wouldn't.

If he's still local and wants to id allow him to train with us.

No need. Whilst he's unattached we could always offer him a short term deal later on if the need for cover arose. If not, no need to give him a salary. If someone comes sniffing then we might consider it but I would hope we wouldn't.

If he's still local and wants to id allow him to train with us.

he was training with Gary down in yeovil,

We've had McAllister, Carey and Pearson training with with us while they find a club,

McAlister is going to the ISL and Pearson is going to the US apparantly

I loved Marv but I would be very disappointed if he came back. To me all that would say is that we can't get the targets we want or need and are going backwards instead of forward. He wouldn't get in so there is no need for him anymore. Don't get me wrong, great servant to the club but we got rid for a reason. I would be very surprised if anyone wanted him back to be honest.

how people still think Pack is a lose cannon with passing is getting beyound a joke, the guys passing ability can rival Hartley's. You cant make every pass, to quote the great Di Canio..... "aaaaaaaaah Leeeeeeaaaagaaaaaaaaa juaaaaaaaaan".

he's got a good range of passing but gives more balls away that results in a team attacking us then anyone else I've seen for a while,

thats why people mention it often

he's got a good range of passing but gives more balls away that results in a team attacking us then anyone else I've seen for a while,

thats why people mention it often

Usually sitting just in front of defence, a loose ball from Marlon tends to be more worrying than a loose balls up the other end.

JET is the king of misplaced passes with Little just behind.

Of course JET is also capable of pin-point, defence-splitting passes, so the frequent clunkers are overlooked.

Usually sitting just in front of defence, a loose ball from Marlon tends to be more worrying than a loose balls up the other end.

JET is the king of misplaced passes with Little just behind.

Of course JET is also capable of pin-point, defence-splitting passes, so the frequent clunkers are overlooked.

thats the problem its highlighted more, much like a fielding clanger would,

many people have said pack should play further forward and I agree with that but he's not better then freeman jet or elliot in that postion,

He's still young so it can still be knocked out of his game,

Wait... did someone just say Pack is as good as Paul Hartley?

As for Marv coming back; great servant to the club, but not needed just now.

Wish him luck though.

I would like to see Pack score from a free kick off the crossbar, Hartley doesn't even compare. We got the best out of Marv IMO, he will find another club in due course I'm sure.

People must have VERY short memories if they think we've had even one central midfielder with Hartley's ability since he left.

Man was a cut above, even at Championship level.

Hartley and Tinnion were decent. Wade Elliott very good in his day but yeah Pack barely an average league one player!

Hartley and Tinnion were decent. Wade Elliott very good in his day but yeah Pack barely an average league one player!

Elliott certainly shows the sort of class Hartley displayed on a regular basis, that is true, but I'd say Hartley was more impressive for me, considering the quality of opposition he regularly faced.

Side note; doing a solid job at Dundee, and despite realising he stays in Scotland because of family, he's someone I'd like to see manage City one day.

Elliott certainly shows the sort of class Hartley displayed on a regular basis, that is true, but I'd say Hartley was more impressive for me, considering the quality of opposition he regularly faced.

Side note; doing a solid job at Dundee, and despite realising he stays in Scotland because of family, he's someone I'd like to see manage City one day.

The commuting would be too tiring ,Samo.

Archived