IGNORED

The "what Happened To ..." Thread

Major Isewater

Swaying crowds in packed terraces....

all four stands singing in unison and belting out chants that shook the roof...

Home-made flags and banners waving throughout the game (with messages that made you smile) ....

the magic sponge (it worked perfectly well on broken legs in the old days; now we have an army of paramedics and doctors on the pitch for the slightest scratch or nosebleed)....

toilet rolls flying onto the pitch....

Bristol Rovers  - anyone remember them?

Home-made flags and banners waving throughout the game (with messages that made you smile) ....

the magic sponge (it worked perfectly well on broken legs in the old days; now we have an army of paramedics and doctors on the pitch for the slightest scratch or nosebleed)....

Bristol Rovers  - anyone remember them?

And see, I was going to say Bazooka Joes!!

Bristol Rovers - anyone remember them?

Your post brings a little tear to the eye .

You never left early cos you could n't move .You just went with the crowd .

The woman from Bristol who in the late 1970s or very early 80s was allergic to the 20th century and her friends collected money so she could go to LA for treatment but when she got there they found out they were about 8 hours BEHIND us in California so there was still more of the 20th century to go over there than there had been in Bristol.

I'm not sure of this but think she made a total recovery on Jan 1st 2000 and swapped LA for Blackpool via Bristol again but I think she died in about 2007 after accidentally watching the Yesterday channel and having a relapse.

In all seriousness, I really do remember 'White dog poo', but I don't recall having seen any lately.

Does anybody know 'what happened to' it?

Yes, the Eskimos took it off of us as it made their environment look tidier, the only downside being that Eskimo footwear now has a very distinctive odour!

Same in Woolworths for broken biscuits..

My uncle worked at Peek Freans, Avonmouth and used to come home with a bag of broken biscuits the size of a Morris Traveller for 2 bob.

Broken biscuits, bruised fruit, different sized bangers, all gone - probably chucked in a skip because of stupid legislation that keeps the World's poor starving.

Sorry, don't get me started on how times have changed

My uncle worked at Peek Freans, Avonmouth and used to come home with a bag of broken biscuits the size of a Morris Traveller for 2 bob.

Broken biscuits, bruised fruit, different sized bangers, all gone - probably chucked in a skip because of stupid legislation that keeps the World's poor starving.

Sorry, don't get me started on how times have changed

Several (Many!) years ago I worked as a student in a chocolate factory - one of my roles was to ensure that the 'walnut whip' actually had a walnut on top and to remove it from the conveyor belt if not.

We were allowed to eat as much chocolate as we wished on site, but were threatened with instant dismissal if we were caught taking any chocolate out of the site.

Every Friday evening, at the end of the shift, we were allowed to buy 'broken' chocolate - huge queues waiting, and never, to my knowledge, anybody caught trying to take 'unbroken' chocolate off site.

Presumably it is now just binned....

Actually Always the Bridesmaid isn't far out with that answer. Dogs of today don't eat so many bones and there isn't so much bonemeal in dog food. It's the calcium that causes Albino style turds. Also councils don't allow dog mess to remain in situ for weeks on end as they once did. Dog mess will turn white if left for a long time.

Several (Many!) years ago I worked as a student in a chocolate factory - one of my roles was to ensure that the 'walnut whip' actually had a walnut on top and to remove it from the conveyor belt if not.

We were allowed to eat as much chocolate as we wished on site, but were threatened with instant dismissal if we were caught taking any chocolate out of the site.

Every Friday evening, at the end of the shift, we were allowed to buy 'broken' chocolate - huge queues waiting, and never, to my knowledge, anybody caught trying to take 'unbroken' chocolate off site.

Presumably it is now just binned....

"Several (Many!) years ago I worked as a student in a chocolate factory - one of my roles was to ensure that the 'walnut whip' actually had a walnut on top and to remove it from the conveyor belt if not."

How did you cope with the pressure of this responsability ?

Archived